Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 10:38 AM

29,540 posts, read 9,704,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
This is figured in Christians beliefs and I find it amazing that this small item(!) is so important. Everyone else is quite interested in it too. Apparently it 'resides' in a church in a small village called Calcata rather than going with Jesus into Heaven.

https://www.wired.com/2006/12/whatever-happen/

.It is amazing how something like this has lasted for so long without being turned to dust by the winds of time...and how do you identify one small kids foreskin from anther? Maybe it is just a good marketing coup? What do people think?
Thank you for this!

As one of the people mentioned in this article, I was also obsessed about what happened to the foreskin of Jesus Christ and how this important divine remnant helped to create all those miracles. To help the blind and explain the rings of Saturn. Then the Catholic Church decreed excommunication and a sure path to hell for even speaking about the Holy Foreskin, so I stopped too. Even though it's disappearance was highly disturbing to me, I spoke of it not.

A marketing coup? Oh ye of little faith...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2024, 02:58 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times
faith is belief and we all have to be responsible for those. However, they (those beliefs) may change over time as we grow in spirituality.

I think the Catholic Church will embrace anything enough people believe in, so it seems they dont want to leave anyone out of their flock in the hopes that they might be another one of the faithful Logically, how would you determine one small kids foreskin from another and over the eons or even at-the-time, it is probably a very difficult item to keep for generations. How would you preserve it? Would you dry it and mount it on a board, or keep it in a box on the shelf? .No, I think it is probably wishful-thinking.

Old 01-10-2024, 05:58 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,502,595 times
It is not only wishful thinking, its repugnant.

Old 01-10-2024, 09:41 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
It is not only wishful thinking, its repugnant.
It is just one of the many carnal-minded nonsense the focus on the physical body has produced. It distracts completely from the spiritual focus we are supposed to develop, IMO. But Jesus could not convince the learned Nicodemus and has failed to convince the majority of Christians for over two millennia and counting. We are strongly conditioned to our physicality although it is our Spirit (consciousness) that is doing the evaluating. I find it astounding that so many have been convinced that they (their Spirits/consciousness) are an illusion.

Old 01-10-2024, 09:14 PM

3,798 posts, read 2,993,610 times
Quote:
This is figured in Christians beliefs and I find it amazing that this small item(!) is so important. Everyone else is quite interested in it too. Apparently it 'resides' in a church in a small village called Calcata rather than going with Jesus into Heaven.

.It is amazing how something like this has lasted for so long without being turned to dust by the winds of time...and how do you identify one small kids foreskin from anther? Maybe it is just a good marketing coup? What do people think?
I’ve never heard of this one before.
Of course Catholics are more renowned for keeping artefacts than other Christian groups.
And of course, just like the Shroud of Turin etc, there’s no way it’s the real deal.

Old 02-13-2024, 03:53 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
I’ve never heard of this one before.
Of course Catholics are more renowned for keeping artefacts than other Christian groups.
And of course, just like the Shroud of Turin etc, there’s no way it’s the real deal.

But, like the said foreskin, it is a belief which keeps it going. And...I see you have your beliefs too which is that it is NOT the real deal.

So, how do you know and how are you so certain? What you have to realise is that each group of people have cherished beliefs which they do not want to let go of. We all do, thats how we work and how we live our lives. Its a human thing.

How do you prove something like this? You cannot. So, it would be better to just accept that it is a belief and we all have them.

Old 02-13-2024, 03:47 PM

19,014 posts, read 27,569,699 times
Anywhere in the NT it says he was circumcised?
Otherwise, worshipping foreskin is idolatry.
Foreskin, Speer that puncturedhis liver, Tourin shroud, his statues and pictures and amulets and crosses etc etc. it's all idolatry.

Old 02-13-2024, 04:52 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Foreskin, Speer that puncturedhis liver, Tourin shroud, his statues and pictures and amulets and crosses etc etc. it's all idolatry.
And has NOTHING to do with any moral principle.

Old 02-13-2024, 07:10 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:

Outright silliness like Christian's sit around and think of ways to prove Jesus wasnt the Messiah. Jesus came walking in the law, and as serious as Jews take these laws, we claim Jesus walked in them perfectly.

I dont think you are grasping just how serious a claim you make, I dont think you have any idea how serious such things were taken and his foreskin was buried and this isnt something we need scripture to prove, it is a fact, and to say otherwise is extremely derogatory to Jesus.

Old 02-13-2024, 07:19 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
He was circumcised on Shemini Atzeret, the day of circumcision called the great 8th day, 8 days after his birth. His birth, his circumcision into the covenant, his death on Pesach, burial on unleavened bread, first fruits of resurrection on first fruits.

His whole life was planned in the holy days, but 30,000 flavors of Christian's have all these different ideas but everyone who converted back to Messianic Christianity all agree, and these are the only ones who study the 7 feasts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality