Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2023, 01:00 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,347,717 times

Advertisements

Did Adam have a belly button?

Old 12-15-2023, 01:18 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,275,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Lol, yeah.

Or why does anyone have wisdom teeth, that often need to be taken out (and are less common these days, indicating evolution), if God spontaneously snapped modern humanity into existence?

Or why do over 60% of humans need corrective lenses? All-perfect God makes design flaws and defects in his creations on purpose, I guess?

Old 12-15-2023, 01:36 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,189,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Of course I believe the narrative of Scripture. What scholars accept concerning the surrounding cultures, I don't accept. As we know, Jesus took Scripture as is, and I trust Him.
Nice flounce. You dodged the issue.

Your "narrative of Scripture" says Terah was chief priest for god El Shaddai in Ur.

El Shaddai was also part of the Ugarit pantheon, as was Yahweh and Asherah.

I can't wait to see your face when they find the pre-756 BCE E or P texts that say Enki, Ningishiddza and Ninhursag created humans.

I'll keep your crow pie nice and warm in the oven.

Old 12-15-2023, 01:37 PM

10,108 posts, read 6,452,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
the need of having a sense of reassurance when your own faith is shallow and your are not sure. These kinda OP's pop up once in a while - so nothing surprising.
If I needed reassurance (which I don't) I'd confer with a respected personal source rather than an anonymous poster on C-D, particularly one who holds views that are contrary to my beliefs anyway.

Old 12-15-2023, 01:57 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,095,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
If I needed reassurance (which I don't) I'd confer with a respected personal source rather than an anonymous poster on C-D, particularly one who holds views that are contrary to my beliefs anyway.

What did Jewish Historians write about Jesus? Did he exist?
Somebody somewhere had to note, make a noise and write in the Jewish population that there is a man out there who is raising the dead and breathing life into clay birds.

Old 12-15-2023, 01:58 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,189,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Officially I would say I don't know, but I imagine most the water came from within the earth's crust.
Poor fool. Those who live by the lies in the KJV get hammered by them.

There was no flood.

Genesis 6:17
וַאֲנִ י
u·ani
and·I

הִ נְ נִ י
en·ni
behold·me!

מֵ בִ יא
mbia
bringing

הַ מַּ בּוּל
e·mbul
the·deluge-of

מַ יִ ם
mim
waters

The only correct translation is "deluge" which is not a flood. It was a tsunami caused by the impact of a carbonaceous asteroid with a few miles in diameter.

At low trajectory that asteroid was severely oblated and partially fractured. The cast-off landed in across southern Canada and the US starting massive wild-fires.

The leading edge of the shockwave front would have extended 12-20 miles at a temperature of 5,000°F to 12,000°F.

It could impact 100 miles north of the Western Antarctic Ice Sheet and cause the flash-melting of the Ice Sheet without affecting the 1.2 Million year old Eastern Ice Sheet.

Note that the Western Ice Sheet is only 8,000 years old having started to reform circa 6,000 BCE.

The resulting tsunami inundated coastal areas.

A prominent spike in platinum is documented in a Wonderkrater sample (5614) with a mean date of 12 744 cal yr BP using a Bayesian model, preceding the onset of the YD cooling event. The YD platinum spike at Wonderkrater is the first to be observed in Africa in the southern hemisphere, supplementing new discoveries from Patagonia in South America, in addition to more than 25 sites with such platinum anomalies in the northern hemisphere. The observations from South Africa serve to strengthen ongoing assessments of the controversial YD Impact Hypothesis, whereby it is proposed that a meteorite or cometary impact contributed to a decline in temperature, associated inter alia with dispersion of atmospheric dust, mammalian extinctions and cultural changes.

What you fail to understand is that if there was flood, then Noah and his family die.

Why?

There's a reason why they call it salt-water.

It has various salts in solution.

Those salts would have been absorbed into the soil rendering it infertile for decades, maybe even centuries.

Noah would nothing to eat and neither would any of the animals.

So they all die.

The end.

Old 12-15-2023, 02:01 PM

15,878 posts, read 6,346,191 times
Quote:
??
Why you must be not like this?
Because it's a dead end and annoying on top of it.

Old 12-15-2023, 02:05 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,095,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Because it's a dead end and annoying on top of it.
So don't read it.

Old 12-15-2023, 02:33 PM

2,451 posts, read 1,456,047 times
Quote:
Awesome!
Jesus is God because his father is God. The species and kind don’t change. Just like a human’s son is always a human. A lion’s son is always a lion, etc.

Now,
Jesus was asked “When will the last hour arrive?”
And he said, “I don’t know”.

How can a God not know something?
This is such an important event in Abrahamic faiths and the believe is, ONLY AND ONLY AND ONLY, God knows when will it arrive?

For Jesus to be God, he MUST know this, otherwise he ain’t no God.

The second possibility is that Jesus lied.
If God lies, then he ain’t no God either - God is not a liar.

Well, it's possible when Jesus became human, He became just like Adam. So He laid down His glory and put on flesh. That possibly could be why He doesn't know when He will come back, but perhaps there is more to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
What is god made of?
If something, who or what created that something?
If not, if your god is immaterial, how does that work?

How does your god just know everything?
How and where does it store this knowledge?

If your god invented everything, what was it before it created the law of identity?

God's name, Yahweh, means "He Is" or "He Will Be". So He has no beginning nor end. He just Is. I don't know what He is made of, but Scripture tells us God is spirit. So if we know what spirit is made of, perhaps we could begin to understand what makes up God. I don't know how He knows everything, and He also sees everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Why would I want to know about your understanding about G-d when I have my own? What makes yours any better?
I don't know. Can't hurt to have discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What does full presence mean?

His unfiltered presence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post

Can't say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Nice flounce. You dodged the issue.

Your "narrative of Scripture" says Terah was chief priest for god El Shaddai in Ur.

El Shaddai was also part of the Ugarit pantheon, as was Yahweh and Asherah.

I can't wait to see your face when they find the pre-756 BCE E or P texts that say Enki, Ningishiddza and Ninhursag created humans.

I'll keep your crow pie nice and warm in the oven.

Abraham's father Terah?

Old 12-15-2023, 02:44 PM

15,878 posts, read 6,346,191 times
Quote:
So don't read it.
Back at ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality