Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2023, 01:00 PM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
... my answers will be seen as my opinion. I'm just focusing the questioning to myself.
... I'm testing my own knowledge. So this thread is all on me and what I wanted.
So you've created a thread where you can discuss yourself and your opinions. Got it.

Old 12-14-2023, 01:20 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
So with this thread, I'll attempt to answer any questions you have for me concerning what I know of Yahweh. If you ask a question I don't know the answer to, I will let you know up front and may give a guess. Ultimately all my answers will be seen as my opinion, but that is alright. If you ask any funny questions, or non-serious questions, I probably won't respond. I may or may not chuckle.

All that said, again, the answers will be seen as my opinion. As there are many denominations in Christianity, so different Christians will give you different answers to the same questions. That's okay as well. Since I'm taking on all comers, I may take time to respond to some questions. So if I don't respond right away, don't lose heart! Well, let's just see where this goes.
What’s the difference between Jesus and Yahweh?
Is Jesus God or God’s son?

Old 12-14-2023, 01:22 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,254,477 times
Still waiting for your answer my direct question about God, in your "ask me anything about God" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Can God microwave a bean burrito so hot, that even He cannot eat it?
Or in other words, what's your answer to/ how do you reconcile logical issues such as the omnipotence paradox, free will/omniscience paradox, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotence_paradox

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_free_will

What exactly are the properties/abilities of your God? Does he judge the fact that I don't believe in him? Does he know where every particle is in the entire universe at all times? Does he know everything about me, from the makeup of my brain, to my genetics, entire history of all my interactions with anyone, everything I know and don't know, everything about my environment etc... in other words, since he would know exactly why I'm an atheist (and since he created me the way that I am), how could he judge that atheism or expect me or intend for me to be anything other than an atheist? Etc.

Old 12-14-2023, 01:24 PM

Also, when God flooded the whole planet, did he import the water from some other planet? Since there's not enough water here to do that.

And did the 2 penguins have to walk all the way from Antarctica, to wherever Noah was? How did they know to do this, where to go exactly, and how long and exhausting was that journey for their tiny little legs... what did they eat along the way? They must have been robust and healthy since they were solely responsible for populating the rest of their species' survival.

Old 12-14-2023, 01:27 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well said.
In your opinion to get things started - Do you think God changes? Learns, grows, evolves?
Once he appeared jealous and was portrayed as wrathful and murderous, even....then, changed into a loving Father.
Or was God always a loving Father with NO wrath at all, but was portrayed that way by Man?
God's Holy Spirit of agape love did not change. We are the ones who change and evolve our understanding of God (or we are supposed to). Unfortunately, the religious leaders who dominated our history chose to retain our primitive ancestors' barbaric misunderstanding of God and rejected as heresy any attempts to change our understanding!! The misguided idea was to perpetuate the primitive understanding of God as a sign of faith in the inerrant and infallible Word of God. The problem is they misidentified the Word of God as the "words" in scripture instead of the essence of God's Holy Spirit in the persona and character of Jesus as revealed in scripture.

Old 12-14-2023, 01:50 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,443,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
What’s the difference between Jesus and Yahweh?
Is Jesus God or God’s son?
So when it comes to the creator God of the Bible, Yahweh, there is only one kind. By this, in the sense we see we have mankind, different kinds of animals, different kinds of angels, etc. When it comes to the Creator, there is only one Kind. However of that Kind, there are three Persons. Jesus is the second Person of the creator Kind.

So when we look at humanity, there is only one race. However of that race, over 8 billion persons. When looking at Yahweh, its like that, only three Persons.

Quote:
Still waiting for your answer my direct question about God, in your "ask me anything about God" thread.

Or in other words, what's your answer to/ how do you reconcile logical issues such as the omnipotence paradox, free will/omniscience paradox, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotence_paradox

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_free_will

What exactly are the properties/abilities of your God? Does he judge the fact that I don't believe in him? Does he know where every particle is in the entire universe at all times? Does he know everything about me, from the makeup of my brain, to my genetics, entire history of all my interactions with anyone, everything I know and don't know, everything about my environment etc... in other words, since he would know exactly why I'm an atheist (and since he created me the way that I am), how could he judge that atheism or expect me or intend for me to be anything other than an atheist? Etc.

I don't know all the properties of my God. Many believe God knows everything, and I believe He knows everything there is to know. The difference in understanding there is, God wouldn't know something, where there is nothing to know. So take the belief God knowing Adam and Eve would disobey before He created them. I don't believe He knew, because Adam and Eve didn't exist. So when it comes to their will and what they wanted to do, that cannot exist before they actually exist. Certainly God knew they could disobey Him.

So after Adam and Eve were created, there was something for Him to know. Yet let me say this, even still when it comes to our choices and what we "will" choose, perhaps God can't officially know. The future isn't set when it comes to our free will. If it were so, there would be no need for God to be long suffering as He is, willing that no one perish. That is why God looks at our hearts. Obviously if our hearts get so hard to the point of stone, there's no changing that.

As to your last question about the flood, the water came from above and beneath the planet. Of course this is the YEC imagination, but the world before the flood was different from what it is now. Scientists would agree the world today isn't what its always been over the 4 billion year existence. So our view is rapid change within thousands of years, vs change over billions of years.

Scripture tells us God caused a wind to pass over the earth, and the water began to subside. What was this wind, what did God do? I don't know. Perhaps He tilted the earth's axis, causing the water to run down the newly formed mountain ranges created by the floodwaters.

Old 12-14-2023, 02:02 PM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
Quote:
When it comes to the Creator, there is only one Kind. However of that Kind, there are three Persons. Jesus is the second Person of the creator Kind. When looking at Yahweh, its like that, only three Persons.
There you go with that trinity nonsense. Sound the buzzer! Strike the gong! The hooked cane is pulling you from the stage.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 12-14-2023 at 02:11 PM..

Old 12-14-2023, 02:13 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,443,647 times
Quote:

And did the 2 penguins have to walk all the way from Antarctica, to wherever Noah was? How did they know to do this, where to go exactly, and how long and exhausting was that journey for their tiny little legs... what did they eat along the way? They must have been robust and healthy since they were solely responsible for populating the rest of their species' survival.
I forgot to answer this.

Concerning the creatures and even the world itself pre-flood, I can't say. Though I imagine the creatures back then (land creatures and flying creatures), looked different from the creatures on the earth right now. In that all the creatures on earth now, evolved from the creatures that were on the ark. So the ancestors of the penguins may not have wobbled all the way from Antarctica. In fact, I imagine in Noah's day, there was only one landmass.

Old 12-14-2023, 02:57 PM

Quote:
I don't know all the properties of my God. Many believe God knows everything, and I believe He knows everything there is to know. The difference in understanding there is, God wouldn't know something, where there is nothing to know. So take the belief God knowing Adam and Eve would disobey before He created them. I don't believe He knew, because Adam and Eve didn't exist. So when it comes to their will and what they wanted to do, that cannot exist before they actually exist. Certainly God knew they could disobey Him.

So after Adam and Eve were created, there was something for Him to know. Yet let me say this, even still when it comes to our choices and what we "will" choose, perhaps God can't officially know. The future isn't set when it comes to our free will. If it were so, there would be no need for God to be long suffering as He is, willing that no one perish. That is why God looks at our hearts. Obviously if our hearts get so hard to the point of stone, there's no changing that.
Alright, so, this ignorant character you describe... created all of existence, then? Created hundreds of billions of galaxies (that we know of), each full of hundreds of billions of star systems? Created the laws of physics itself, including the physics that causes weather patterns on planets. And, I guess also for some reason actively intervenes sometimes to create specific weather events.

Created all existence itself, knows the exact position of every sub-atomic particle in my brain at every instant in time (and every other particle in all of existence in all of time), knows how they will all interact in the next instant after instant, knows everything arising from my animal subconscious (is more aware of that than I ever am), knows everything about my DNA, my parents, everything in my past, and every single environmental interaction I've ever had, etc. etc. He knows everything about literally everything that possibly goes into why I choose my next action, so how does he not know what my choice is going to be?

Seems like you're saying there's some kind of... extra-universal magic that's apparently greater than God's power or his (as you describe) limited ability to understand? (Even though he is the originator and master of all existence, and all space, time, and matter- and of everything.) And, that magic is what's causing me to write this sentence as opposed to a different sentence, as opposed to any in-universe reason? And God then judges me (approves/disapproves) based on this magical ability to spontaneously do things that were not caused by prior events or circumstances or my genetics or the physiological makeup of my brain?

And this... superior-to-God (yet also somehow God-created) "free will" magic/supernatural ability that you describe, is what ultimately determines whether I'll be in forever Pat Robertson bliss, or with my fellow atheists in forever unending horrible torment, for billions upon billions of millennia (that I guess I'll be somehow conscious for), after my few decades are up?

God really has no idea how anything is going to go, tomorrow, or the next day? Even though he knows "all there is to know"?

You believe this "God" is worthy of worship? This imperfect being is your idea of a perfect being?

Quote:
As to your last question about the flood, the water came from above and beneath the planet. Of course this is the YEC imagination, but the world before the flood was different from what it is now. Scientists would agree the world today isn't what its always been over the 4 billion year existence. So our view is rapid change within thousands of years, vs change over billions of years.
Humans only emerged about 300,000 years ago. The Earth was not drastically different than it is today. And today there's not even close to enough combined water anywhere on the surface, in the atmosphere, or anywhere around here, to flood the whole surface of the Earth.

That's a mythological story, including the characters in the story, including God.

Quote:
Scripture tells us God caused a wind to pass over the earth, and the water began to subside. What was this wind, what did God do? I don't know. Perhaps He tilted the earth's axis, causing the water to run down the newly formed mountain ranges created by the floodwaters.
You don't know, and you also say that God doesn't know what's going to happen, with the chain events. So I guess he just winged it, or whatever. Caused a bunch of H2O to just magically poof into existence, then disappeared it. Because this is obviously how science/history/observation works.

Quote:
Concerning the creatures and even the world itself pre-flood, I can't say. Though I imagine the creatures back then (land creatures and flying creatures), looked different from the creatures on the earth right now. In that all the creatures on earth now, evolved from the creatures that were on the ark. So the ancestors of the penguins may not have wobbled all the way from Antarctica. In fact, I imagine in Noah's day, there was only one landmass.
I can imagine things too... but I don't go around declaring my wild imaginations as fact and history. Religious people who do that, every day make the world a worse place, and hold back humanity's progress.

Old 12-14-2023, 03:22 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
So with this thread, I'll attempt to answer any questions you have for me concerning what I know of Yahweh.
Does Yahweh spend any time with his father Enlil?

How does Yahweh get along with his brother Adad and sister Ianna?

Is Yahweh still doing the nasty with Asherah?

Oh, wait, Asherah is Ianna. Ianna is her Sumerian name. Her Akkadian name is Ishtar. Her Western Semitic name was Asherah.

Well, it's his half-sister. Since Abram/Abraham was doing his half-sister I guess it'd be okay.

Of course, if Yahweh really is Mechizide, you know Melchizidek the governor-priest of Jerusalem means anointed of Mechizide, then Yahweh's father would be the serpent god Ningishiddza.

How does Yahweh get along with uncle Enki and cousin Marduk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality