Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2023, 07:10 AM

63,864 posts, read 40,149,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
So, truth-teller, in plain English rather than relying solely on quoted scripture, can you tell us what you mean by a newborn being "pricked by Satan"?

We get that your belief is that the Quran is the final word, but you posted in a place where you know not everyone is familiar with the teachings of Islam. It sounds similar to the idea of "original sin", a belief held by some sects of Christianity. How is it similar or different?
Excellent Socratic segue that I fear will be completely ignored. It is not compatible with a mind that is a true believer of Islam and the Quran.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 12-06-2023 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: My typo in quote

Old 12-06-2023, 12:09 PM

2,783 posts, read 2,677,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
So, truth-teller, in plain English rather than relying solely on quoted scripture, can you tell us what you mean by a newborn being "pricked by Satan"?

We get that your belief is that the Quran is the final word, but you posted in a place where you know not everyone is familiar with the teachings of Islam. It sounds similar to the idea of "original sin", a belief held by some sects of Christianirlty. How is it similar or different?

let us go to the beginning of us,
before the creation of our father Adam,
Allah created the angels from light and created the jinn from fire
and Iblis (Satan) was one of Jinn and he was very proud about him self as proud as a peacock and more than that

then Allah created our father Adam from soil
that means a new creature joined the angels and the Jinn

and Iblis gave a low rank for Adam

but Allah gave the order to bow for Adam as greeting and angels bowed for Adam but Iblis refused and he was haughty
and Allah asked him What prevented you (O Iblis) that you did not prostrate yourself, when I commanded you?" Iblis said: "I am better than him (Adam), You created me from fire, and him You created from clay.

Iblis knows that he can not challenge Allah but he chose to get the wrath and the punishment of Allah and to go to Hell and win his over pride and haughtness

and Iblis requested Allah not punish him now but in the day of Resurrection

Allah gave Iblis that wish

and from that day Iblis envyed Adam and hated him and his offspring and he will sit in wait against them (human beings) on the Straight Path.
and will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left
Iblis is our enemy from the time that we are born until we die
and in all our life he will try to make us do evil thing and his ultimate objective is to make us chose the path to Hell

and he touch every new born because Envy, and hostility
and The exaggeration of Satan and his soldiers in their display of hostility towards the sons of Adam.
It has reached such a point that if he sees a child who is weak and weak at birth,
he will hasten to poke and stab him until the child raises his voice and screams.
The Messenger of Allah Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) ,
wanted to inform us of this hostility. Let us be careful of his whims and whispers

but he has no control on us except whispering and seducing and highlght the lust

اعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم

I seek refuge to Allah from Satan the outcast.

the above prayer cures OCD and sacks away Satan

Old 12-06-2023, 01:08 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,038,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
I seek refuge to Allah from Satan the outcast.

the above prayer cures OCD and sacks away Satan
You're not really interested in the truth, are you?

Old 12-06-2023, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Jesus never mentioned any creature named Allah.
he did and i have put the proof for that more than once

he said Allah and he said ilahi meaning my god https://www.city-data.com/forum/61964192-post1.html

Quote:
I don't believe the writer of the Quran had a clue what Christianity actually taught.
The Holy Quran was not written and was not created , it is the speak of Allah
and the speak of Allah is not a created thing let alone written

Old 12-07-2023, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
he did and i have put the proof for that more than once

he said Allah and he said ilahi meaning my god https://www.city-data.com/forum/61964192-post1.html
Instead of misinterpreting what is said on a youtube video, why not look at the ACTUAL text. What chapter and verse is that? Show me from the Bible that he said ANYTHING about Allah.
Quote:

The Holy Quran was not written and was not created , it is the speak of Allah
and the speak of Allah is not a created thing let alone written
Yet, it contains error, as has been shown to you. It's clear the writer of the Quran didn't know what Christianity taught, nor did he/she know what the doctrine of the Trinity is. It may not be your fault, you may not understand what we believe. Instead of speaking falsehoods about what we believe, maybe you should attempt to actually represent us honestly.

Old 12-07-2023, 08:51 AM

28,103 posts, read 29,997,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
That (^ bolded) is the way I've always seen Original Sin defined.
Scripture makes clear that we are not 'held accountable' for Adam's transgression.
But how does being baptized as an infant change the world we've born into?

Old 12-07-2023, 09:20 AM

7,369 posts, read 4,153,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
There is absolutely no common ground between Christianity and Islam. I was raised as a Roman Catholic which is the FIRST Christian denomination (that’s for the benefit of some Protestants who think they’re the only christians. I no longer have a religion).

Christianity is about vicarious atonement, and fear of hell.

Islam is about submission to a book (Quran) that was written by someone who collected alleged remembrances from people who may or may not have known Muhammad, their illiterate prophet.
Islam is about DEATH. You either submit to those who control the Muslim narrative or you DIE. Islam plagiarized, corrupted and distorted the Torah and the New Testament. I guess they just wanted to sound “legitimate” (in more ways than one).

The Arabs, by their own admission, descend from Abraham and his concubine Hagar. They had a son called Ishmael. But Ishmael’s parents WERE NEVER MARRIED. So, you know what that fact makes Ishmael. Arabs HATE that.

The one who inherited from Abraham was Issac, his legitimate heir. I believe that’s why Arabswant to erase Jews from the face of the earth: so they can re-write their lineage.

But, you won’t hear that on TV. The fight isn’t so much about land. Some will say that it’s about religion. That is incomplete.

In Islam, if an illegitimate child gets to live (if they haven’t killed the mother for adultery) said child does not inherit from his father.
Wow, the first Christian denomination is the Orthodox Church which Rome broke away from in the Great Schism. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East–West_Schism

The factual wrong is underlined. The rest of your post is crazy and just plain mean.

Old 12-07-2023, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
That (^ bolded) is the way I've always seen Original Sin defined.
Scripture makes clear that we are not 'held accountable' for Adam's transgression.
What verse says we are not born into original sin?

Romans 5 says it's through Adam that all sin, but those who trust in Christ are cleansed.

Old 12-07-2023, 09:36 AM

7,369 posts, read 4,153,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Islam is about submission to a book (Quran) that was written by someone who collected alleged remembrances from people who may or may not have known Muhammad, their illiterate prophet.
You know who else was illiterate? Saint Theresa of Avila - she dictated her books to her sisters. Damn, she is a doctor of the Catholic Church!

The Greeks and Arabs were the educated people of the Ancient world.

Quote:
The Great Library of Alexandria in Alexandria, Egypt, was one of the largest and most significant libraries of the ancient world. The library was part of a larger research institution called the Mouseion, which was dedicated to the Muses, the nine goddesses of the arts.

The Library quickly acquired many papyrus scrolls, owing largely to the Ptolemaic kings' aggressive and well-funded policies for procuring texts. It is unknown precisely how many scrolls were housed at any given time, but estimates range from 40,000 to 400,000 at its height.

Alexandria came to be regarded as the capital of knowledge and learning, in part because of the Great Library. Many important and influential scholars worked at the Library during the third and second centuries BC, including:

Zenodotus of Ephesus, who worked towards standardizing the works of Homer;

Callimachus, who wrote the Pinakes, sometimes considered the world's first library catalog;

Apollonius of Rhodes, who composed the epic poem the Argonautica;

Eratosthenes of Cyrene, who calculated the circumference of the earth within a few hundred kilometers of accuracy;

Hero of Alexandria, who invented the first recorded steam engine;

Aristophanes of Byzantium, who invented the system of Greek diacritics and was the first to divide poetic texts into lines;

and Aristarchus of Samothrace, who produced the definitive texts of the Homeric poems as well as extensive commentaries on them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Alexandria

Quote:
Islamic medicine adopted, systematized and developed the medical knowledge of classical antiquity, including the major traditions of Hippocrates, Galen and Dioscorides.[3]

During the post-classical era, Middle Eastern medicine was the most advanced in the world, integrating concepts of Modern Greek, Roman, Mesopotamian and Persian medicine as well as the ancient Indian tradition of Ayurveda, while making numerous advances and innovations.

Islamic medicine, along with knowledge of classical medicine, was later adopted in the medieval medicine of Western Europe, after European physicians became familiar with Islamic medical authors during the Renaissance of the 12th century. []

Medieval Islamic physicians largely retained their authority until the rise of medicine as a part of the natural sciences, beginning with the Age of Enlightenment, nearly six hundred years after their textbooks were opened by many people. Aspects of their writings remain of interest to physicians even today.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medici...aeus%2C%20hemp.

When the Ancient World was sack, it was the monks and nuns of England and Europe who saved the ancient Arab manuscripts. Those same monks and nuns saved the Arab medical knowledge of ancient world. Arab intellectualism were necessary to Western Christianity.

What you don't know is a lot.

Old 12-08-2023, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Instead of misinterpreting what is said on a youtube video, why not look at the ACTUAL text. What chapter and verse is that? Show me from the Bible that he said ANYTHING about Allah.
in Daniel: 3:26 the word God in English was translated from this hebrew word אֱלָהָא
and this hebrew word pronounced Allah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.