Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2023, 10:39 PM

3,798 posts, read 2,993,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
No newborn child is "pricked by Satan." We are all born innocent and free from sin of any kind.
Yeah I don’t believe in the Original Sin.
That’s one of the biggest guilt driven myths within Christianity.
Say that to all the babies that have been killed in all the various genocides.

Old 12-03-2023, 11:18 PM

2,767 posts, read 2,665,675 times
Quote:
We are all born innocent and free from sin of any kind.
I agree 100% and my thread did not say any thing about sin
and the correct interpretation for it is that Satan is enemy for us from the time we are born

Quote:
No newborn child is "pricked by Satan."
the final Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said
There is none born among the off-spring of Adam, but Satan touches it.
A child therefore, cries loudly at the time of birth because of the touch of Satan,
except Mary and her child."

Then Abu Huraira recited:
"And I seek refuge with You for her and for her offspring from the outcast Satan" (3.36)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Thanks Truth-Teller for sharing, and just wanted you to know that not every Christian protests what is contained in what you have posted ^ here!
you are welcome

Old 12-04-2023, 12:04 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Indeed this is one of the biggest common ground between Islam and Christianity.
The miraculous birth of Jesus - and his miracle to raise the dead and breathe life into the clay birds.

When a Christian accepts Islam, he does not leave Jesus behind.
There is absolutely no common ground between Christianity and Islam. I was raised as a Roman Catholic which is the FIRST Christian denomination (that’s for the benefit of some Protestants who think they’re the only christians. I no longer have a religion).

Christianity is about vicarious atonement, and fear of hell.

Islam is about submission to a book (Quran) that was written by someone who collected alleged remembrances from people who may or may not have known Muhammad, their illiterate prophet.
Islam is about DEATH. You either submit to those who control the Muslim narrative or you DIE. Islam plagiarized, corrupted and distorted the Torah and the New Testament. I guess they just wanted to sound “legitimate” (in more ways than one).

The Arabs, by their own admission, descend from Abraham and his concubine Hagar. They had a son called Ishmael. But Ishmael’s parents WERE NEVER MARRIED. So, you know what that fact makes Ishmael. Arabs HATE that.

The one who inherited from Abraham was Issac, his legitimate heir. I believe that’s why Arabswant to erase Jews from the face of the earth: so they can re-write their lineage.

But, you won’t hear that on TV. The fight isn’t so much about land. Some will say that it’s about religion. That is incomplete.

In Islam, if an illegitimate child gets to live (if they haven’t killed the mother for adultery) said child does not inherit from his father.

Old 12-04-2023, 05:17 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
I see Christian fascism is still alive and well here on the MAIN forum. Since it appears one isn't allowed to discuss Islam here.

Jesus, this place has gone down hill faster than a rock tossed off a cliff.

Not that I hadn't warned everyone about this for literally an entire decade. And here we are.

And thanks, mods, for letting it happen.
Um...Islam IS being discussed here. Bolded doesn't make sense.

Old 12-04-2023, 08:17 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
I see we have a fair amount of wannabe mods here grandly suggesting what should be done with this thread. A report was also made by someone who then turned around and responded to the post they reported, which never makes any sense. Also, do not entertain the wrongful idea that the volunteer mods do nothing all day but sit and read every single post in every single thread on this forum and are therefore automatically aware of everything that has been posted.

And a reminder, if you have something specific to say about moderation, do it via a DM, not in a public post. All of you on this thread have been here long enough to know that.

It's true that the original post is purely about Islam; however, it was responded to, and comparison with another religion was brought into the mix, so it is fine to leave it here in R&S general. That's where threads discussion comparisons and commonalities between Abrahamic religions belong.

This is also a good time to remind posters that merely posting quotes from your holy book of choice does nothing to foment discussion if there is not commentary or opinion included with such quotes. Please also try to keep it respectful and adultlike. "All <insert members of X Religion> do/are <insert general insult or sweeping characteristic>" is neither.

Carry on.

Old 12-04-2023, 08:32 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
But are all born free from the effects of sin?
If you mean being born into a fallen world, then yes. But if you mean being held accountable for Adam's transgression, then no. I don't believe in the doctrine of Original Sin.

Old 12-04-2023, 08:58 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,084,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
There is absolutely no common ground between Christianity and Islam. I was raised as a Roman Catholic which is the FIRST Christian denomination (that’s for the benefit of some Protestants who think they’re the only christians. I no longer have a religion).

Christianity is about vicarious atonement, and fear of hell.

Islam is about submission to a book (Quran) that was written by someone who collected alleged remembrances from people who may or may not have known Muhammad, their illiterate prophet
Islam is about DEATH. You either submit to those who control the Muslim narrative or you DIE. Islam plagiarized, corrupted and distorted the Torah and the New Testament. I guess they just wanted to sound “legitimate” (in more ways than one).

The Arabs, by their own admission, descend from Abraham and his concubine Hagar. They had a son called Ishmael. But Ishmael’s parents WERE NEVER MARRIED. So, you know what that fact makes Ishmael. Arabs HATE that.

The one who inherited from Abraham was Issac, his legitimate heir. I believe that’s why Arabswant to erase Jews from the face of the earth: so they can re-write their lineage.

But, you won’t hear that on TV. The fight isn’t so much about land. Some will say that it’s about religion. That is incomplete.

In Islam, if an illegitimate child gets to live (if they haven’t killed the mother for adultery) said child does not inherit from his father.
“Illiterate prophet”. BANG !

Now, forget all and show it to me how this “illiterate prophet” talked about development of human embryo in a female womb? Did he have an ultra sound machine?
If you don’t know, then please provide the reference from Bible and Torah where he copied it from?

More importantly, (oh my god, it’s funny),
How an “illiterate” person who didn’t go to a school or had teachers and who did not know how to read or write, was able to produce a book that is IMPOSSIBLE to be changed?
It’s an open challenge to all humanity to combine all their intellect and combine all their academic knowledge to produce a book like this.
They can’t, they never had and they never will. Many have tried in the past but all ended up in eating dust.

A book that is THE MOST READ book in the world.

You being a “literate person” I suppose? Can you write a book that gets read all over the world for centuries? Please do, and we will take a look.

And while you are at it, please provide a few examples of females getting killed for adultery and the child was let to live. And we will see how it represents the ratio of 1.2 billion people. That will be interesting.

Old 12-04-2023, 11:30 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,084,540 times
Quote:
“Illiterate prophet”. BANG !

Now, forget all and show it to me how this “illiterate prophet” talked about development of human embryo in a female womb? Did he have an ultra sound machine?
If you don’t know, then please provide the reference from Bible and Torah where he copied it from?

More importantly, (oh my god, it’s funny),
How an “illiterate” person who didn’t go to a school or had teachers and who did not know how to read or write, was able to produce a book that is IMPOSSIBLE to be changed?
It’s an open challenge to all humanity to combine all their intellect and combine all their academic knowledge to produce a book like this.
They can’t, they never had and they never will. Many have tried in the past but all ended up in eating dust.

A book that is THE MOST READ book in the world.

You being a “literate person” I suppose? Can you write a book that gets read all over the world for centuries? Please do, and we will take a look.

And while you are at it, please provide a few examples of females getting killed for adultery and the child was let to live. And we will see how it represents the ratio of 1.2 billion people. That will be interesting.

Edit:

But yes, if a woman wants to open her legs to every Tom, Dick and Harry, and gets babies out of wedlock thus shredding her dignity and her pride to pieces in the name of freedom and social progression? She is free to do so. Islamic jurisprudence does not approve this and hence islamic doctrine is not for her. It’s very simple.
Added the closing in bold.

Old 12-05-2023, 08:03 AM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,057 times
Quote:
If you mean being born into a fallen world, then yes. But if you mean being held accountable for Adam's transgression, then no. I don't believe in the doctrine of Original Sin.
That (^ bolded) is the way I've always seen Original Sin defined.
Scripture makes clear that we are not 'held accountable' for Adam's transgression.

Old 12-05-2023, 09:19 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,321,444 times
Quote:
Gots to give thumbs up for two reasons.

First - speaking the truth.
Second (appreciatively and respectfully) for writing not one but TWO short posts. That’s rare. So thanks again.
I wrote my long post on a different thread.

And I'll tell you here what I said at the beginning of my long post.

You know what, Cardinal ... I don't know how to interpret your post, be it genuine or sarcastic.

Either way, though, allow me to explain something. And this isn't directed at you, personally, Cardinal. It's just a general statement. Just so you know.

Reading is not difficult.

The only thing you exercise by reading is your mind. Therefore, bellyaching over long posts is the hallmark of the intellectual couch potato.

Perhaps Twitter is more your speed. I think the truncation limit is, what, 244 characters?

I wrote a long post in a different thread. And what I said there was this: If you just can't handle long posts and reading exhausts your mental capacites after a couple of sentences, then just be an adult and silently scroll past. Do not presume to chastise me for the length of my posts or try to put a limit on how deep my thoughts and opinions are allowed to be.

Do not act like a child in the backseat screaming "Are we there yet?" by whining and moaning because I didn't cater the length of my posts specifically for your reading tolerance.

I'm not here for you -- or any other individual. Discussion forums are designed for deeper, more extensive conversations. There are loads of chat rooms where one can communicate in short choppy sentences at a 5th grade reading level.

This is how I feel. I stand by it. This encompasses all members of this forum. Once more, if you don't want to read a long post and give your mind a workout (because no one seems able to refute any of my arguments) then don't read it. Scroll past. And let the heavy hitters read it instead. Communication via the internet is like ...90% text. And yet the aversion to reading is at an all-time high. Which makes NO sense whatsoever.

People should remember that people have risked death for the privilege of reading. Some girls in the middle-east STILL risk death if they are educated. And yet people treat reading as if it is this arduous, exhausting chore. I can't help but wonder why. If you don't want to put in the whole whopping 2 or 3 minutes it might take to read one of my posts ... fine. I realize just how valuable your 2 or 3 minutes might be -- wouldn't want you to miss something exciting in those couple of minutes. But for F's sake STOP commenting on my post length. Grow up, huh?

P.S. It takes many more orders of magnitude of work to write posts than it does to read them. Show some friggin' respect.

Last edited by Shirina; 12-05-2023 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: Perhaps posts should be no longer than what can be fit into this edit box. No, that's way too long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality