Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2023, 12:26 PM

50,960 posts, read 24,450,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
The Lake of Fire was created for those who rebel against Yahweh. There was a time where none of us existed. Yet when we were created, from that point we will always exist. The parts of us, our soul and spirit, will always be, from my understanding. Even in our scientific laws, we know through conservation of energy that matter cannot be destroyed. How much more the spirit! So those who of their choice rebel and forsake Yahweh, a place was created to house them. The fire was added as the form of punishment for sin.
Very Cecil B DeMillish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2023, 12:39 PM

2,473 posts, read 1,462,321 times
When we think about fire, it is mostly a purifying agent. You put gold in the fire to refine it. We use heat to shape and mold metals. In all those instances, we get the desired result of whatever we use the heat to mold. Yet the fire in the Lake can't purify those who choose to forsake God. This could be why the flame itself is eternal. Just some added thoughts of mine.

Old 11-12-2023, 01:06 PM

Quote:
When we think about fire, it is mostly a purifying agent. You put gold in the fire to refine it. We use heat to shape and mold metals. In all those instances, we get the desired result of whatever we use the heat to mold. Yet the fire in the Lake can't purify those who choose to forsake God. This could be why the flame itself is eternal. Just some added thoughts of mine.
so many of you christians love suffering...especially others suffering. it's pathetic.

Old 11-12-2023, 01:14 PM

I would say to all, lets suffer now for righteousness' sake. Don't suffer later for the sake of wickedness.

Old 11-12-2023, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I would say to all, lets suffer now for righteousness' sake. Don't suffer later for the sake of wickedness.
I would say...why don't you quit focusing on suffering.

Old 11-12-2023, 01:49 PM

According to Christianity, it was God's will that Jesus suffer for our sake. So for us, to suffer isn't bad. As long as we suffer for others, which is God's will. Scripture tells us God is a consuming fire. Only those who are like precious metals, won't be burnt up. Like I said, the fire refines.

Old 11-12-2023, 01:51 PM

Quote:
According to Christianity, it was God's will that Jesus suffer for our sake. So for us, to suffer isn't bad. As long as we suffer for others, which is God's will. Scripture tells us God is a consuming fire. Only those who are like precious metals, won't be burnt up. Like I said, the fire refines.
speak for yourself

i guess i should wish you much suffering

Old 11-12-2023, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
speak for yourself

i guess i should wish you much suffering
As long as it is for righteousness' sake!

Old 11-12-2023, 05:52 PM

10,063 posts, read 4,986,623 times
Quote:
.... and biblical fire is Not burning after death.
Jesus and the OT both teach 'sleep' (Not pain) in death - John 11:11-14; Psalm 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
Just as there was No post-mortem penalty for Adam, No double jeopardy, there is none for anyone else.
The total complete asking price tag for sin is: death. Not death plus anything else - Romans 6:23,7
So, when righteous dead Jesus was in biblical hell he was asleep in the grave - Acts 2:27

KJV wrongly translated the word Gehenna into English as hell fire.
Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were: destroyed.
So, Gehenna is a fitting word for: destruction, destruction of the wicked.
Please see - Psalms 37:38; 92:7; 104:35; 145:20

Old 11-12-2023, 08:05 PM

20,077 posts, read 13,535,331 times
Quote:
... we know through conservation of energy that matter cannot be destroyed. How much more the spirit!
Death isn't a question of conservation of energy. It is a question of a particular configuration of energy and matter (a living person) becoming dead, which means that organization unravels and breaks back down into its constituent elements. Saying a person is immortal due to the conservation of energy is like saying a car that's totaled in an accident still has exactly the same utility and value and you should not file an insurance claim because it's perfectly drivable. After all, all the parts still exist. They may be shattered across a large area around the crash site, but it's still your car!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality