Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2023, 10:04 AM

529 posts, read 185,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
How is your standing, lets pray, please repeat after me, every knee bowed, no looking around. Funny, one day this old man whose face had so much character was every painters dream, and then he spoke and I just about fell in love. A slow draw with a look of seriousness and concern with slow hesitation with each word he said, " Son( Looking at the ground and then at the sky, he continues) " Do you mind if me and my wife came in? You see( pause looking at the ground in all seriousness and desperation) " We want to talk to you about Jesus." When he said Jesus, it lastwd so long lol, Jeeeeeesssssuss

I couldnt help myself, by the time he left he was absolutely positive he had saved my soul, and I dont even want to touch the woman, well, the cutest thing I ever saw, really, she came across so sweet and loving I wanted to keep her as my own soul mate.

Those kind of Christians I just love, and then you wonder why others dont love you enough to pray for your soul and try, but worse than that, I think some of them cant wait till I go to hell to be tortured for eternity.

Seibfeld clip
https://youtu.be/KjQWXDp3Vww

Why dont they want me?

A month ago 3 people came, I gave them drinks, begged them to come back, but no. I just listened and acted like I never read the bible, they just left me here.
Thanks for sharing that Seinfeld clip, it was hilarious Hannibal! Sorry about the Christians that didn't want you, I don't think they would want me either. I'm too weird for them to handle me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2023, 10:11 AM

529 posts, read 185,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are a breath of fresh air in this often "stuffy" forum, High Priestess!
Thanks MysticPHD, I do try my best! I really like your take on issues too!

Old 10-13-2023, 11:06 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,661,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Your questions are hard to answer because they are based on the idea that there is one answer for all Christians. As you know unless you live under a rock--and nothing against you if you do --the flavors of Christianity are wide and varied. Some believe the Bible is the literal "Word of God", and do not accept any ideas or beliefs that are not contained therein.

Others add old traditions from early Christianity to the mix. Still others believe the basis of Christianity is Jesus's admonition to love one another and test everything against that directive, including those parts of the Bible that don't fit into that paradigm.

So I will answer with my experience, even though I don't know if I could consider myself a Christian these days.

I grew up in your stereotypical hell/death/sin Christian church, where it was pounded into your head that you are dirt and one sin away from being whacked by God. Jesus was watching everything you did and recording it and telling on you. It wasn't fun. Got away from that one as soon as I turned 18.

But later in life, circumstance led me to the Episcopal Church. Now the EC is the descendant of the Church of England with all its traditions--including pagan ones incorporated and practiced from long ago. For example, There is something on the EC church calendar in spring called "Rogation days". These were days when the priest would go around to the farmer's fields and bless them for the coming growing season. That's a holdover from pagan rituals that was incorporated into a Christian practice. in England there are "holy wells", ancient places where wells were built around springs in the ground. They have the names of saints but the older names were that of the pre-Christians gods and goddesses worshiped in the Anglo-Saxon world. So, paganism was never fully eradicated from the English church.

In the American version of the Episcopal Church, pagan practices are not looked down upon. In fact, I have a friend who is an ordained Episcopal deacon. She was raised Catholic, practiced Wicca, and then felt called to the EC. When she was ordained, her best friend, a lifelong Wiccan, was one of her sponsors. Nobody cared; in fact, everyone likes this woman, she is just that type of person. The Episcopal Church sees itself as one path to God but not necessarily the only one.

That Wiccan woman's daughter, meanwhile, attended the church for a time because although she had met her father, who was not interested in being a father and said so honestly from the beginning, she still felt someone abandoned by him. Therefore, she attended an Episcopal Church for a time while not giving up her natural pagan practices because the Christian idea of a Heavenly Father comforted her, since she felt the lack of a father in her own life.

In short, the answers to your questions would depend upon what type of Christians you encounter, their own outlook at the natural world and all of humanity, and their sense of inclusiveness and openness or lack thereof.

Right here on the CD Pagan forum, which does not always get a lot of traffic these days, you have several people who identify as "Christo-Pagans" and "Judeo-Pagans", people who incorporate nature-based Pagan practices into their traditional organized religious practices and beliefs.

Labyrinth walking meditation might be another of these traditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality