Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 07:19 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,007,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jreyes View Post
How can one put ones faith in god in times of uncertainty? Going to church more often, praying more often, reading the bible more, ect...? Any suggestions?
Heard a great sermon on prayer yesterday. We all say it's important, but do we actually do it?

Note: This is not my pastor. Never met the guy. He is a guy that was arrested for holding church in Canada during the lockdowns last year. He spent several months in jail before being released. He MIGHT know a thing or two about prayer and suffering.

Teach Us to Pray - Fairview Baptist Church

Last edited by BaptistFundie; 03-19-2023 at 07:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2023, 09:33 AM

4,640 posts, read 1,788,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Jesus said,"Blessed are they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled".
Sometimes hard times are to see what we are made of. How serious we are about this relationship.
Every one that has served God has died except for 2 men Enoch and Elijah.
All the disciples died. they all saw hardship but this did not stop them, because they had a relationship worth more to them than their own soul.
Is your faith based on you serving God or God serving you?
Whoa......

Words to live by, arleigh.

Old 03-19-2023, 11:39 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,956,993 times
Quote:
How can one put ones faith in god in times of uncertainty? Going to church more often, praying more often, reading the bible more, ect...? Any suggestions?
Prayer, study, meeting together and good association.
Jesus forewarned us about our uncertain times at Matthew 24; Mark 13 and Luke 21.
Note at Luke 21:28 we are to lift up our heads because: deliverance is getting near.
Delivered / rescued / saved through the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14, 9; Isaiah 26:20

Old 03-20-2023, 12:10 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,920,840 times
Jesus said, "My sheep Know my voice".
Jesus provides the Holy Spirit to those under His Lordship, when asked.
Does Jesus have lordship in your life?
Jesus questioned the disciple's devotion saying, "you call Me Lord but do not do the things I tell you."
The Holy Spirit is provided to teach in Jesus' place, to know the scriptures and His will in your every day affairs.
The Holy Spirit is also the seal by which the harvesting angels know to gather on that day.

Old 03-20-2023, 12:40 PM

11,070 posts, read 7,139,669 times
Tune out the world, and tune in within. Rather simple, but some make it hard. For extra benefit, observe nature as well.

Old 03-26-2023, 10:58 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
If you don't have a relationship with Him, then uncertain times will rattle you.

If you have built up a relationship through reading his word, quiet time w/ Him, worship, etc. - then uncertain times won't be as unsettling.

It's all in the quality of your relationship w/ the Lord. You can't shortcut spending time.

Old 03-27-2023, 09:38 AM

492 posts, read 143,399 times
Quote:
Seek him with every ounce of your being. Cry out to him like your soul needs him, because it really does. Search for him with all your strength.

Jer_29:13* And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Old 03-27-2023, 10:46 AM

11,070 posts, read 7,139,669 times
Quote:
Faith in God isn't about doing more activities and "stuff". It's an internal aim of thought and priority. And the deeper it goes, the more productivity occurs. The world of stupidity fades more and more as one goes deeper within. It's very simple, though humans love to make life complicated. We see lots of angst and wrangling here on this forum for matters that should be resolved calmly within oneself.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 03-27-2023 at 11:03 AM..

Old 03-27-2023, 08:34 PM

19,014 posts, read 27,569,699 times
Quote:

Develop PERSONAL relationship with whatever deity you BELIEVE into. Don't be like pharisees.

And don't forget one simple fact. No matter, what you believe. Even, if you are hard atheist. Supreme Intelligence is always with you. Well, you are always in IT, better say. So all you need to do, is to pen yourself up to it. That's it.

Old 04-02-2023, 06:28 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,956,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkintheLight View Post
Seek him with every ounce of your being. Cry out to him like your soul needs him, because it really does. Search for him with all your strength.
Jer_29:13* And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
.... and I also like Jeremiah 29:11 because God promises a future and a hope.
A lasting peaceful future starting with Jesus' coming Glory Time of separation - Matt. 25:31-34,37
The figurative humble ' sheep ' can remain alive on Earth and be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand years.
For then even ' enemy death ' will then be No more on Earth - 1st Cor. 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
This is a good reason to know why we are all invited to pray the invitation to God for Jesus to come ! - Rev. 22:20
Jesus to come and also bring ' healing ' to earth's nations - Rev. 22:2
Healing to the point that No one will say, " I am sick......" - Isaiah 33:24
Earth and its people will be happy and healthy as described in Isaiah's 35th chapter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality