Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2023, 09:10 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I have far too many forums to watch to take time to watch videos. I figured if the point was important that you could summarize it in a few sentences.
Being that I'm not a writer by any means, lol. I try to do my best to direct folks to what I think may help them. But, like a hirse that you can lead to water, you can't make it drink. So on that note I'll just leave it in God's capable hands and pray.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2023, 09:15 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Preaching against other pastors? Bad form.

Each pastor draws people that need to hear that particular message.
I happen to dislike fire and brimstone John Hagee-screaming types...BUT! I know some people NEED thatkind of talk.
Each has their niche.

One sees God as a providing Father...another sees Him as something to fear at all costs or spend eternity in fire.

Old 01-02-2023, 09:17 AM

50,777 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

I happen to dislike fire and brimstone John Hagee-screaming types...BUT! I know some people NEED thatkind of talk.
Each has their niche.

One sees God as a providing Father...another sees Him as something to fear at all costs or spend eternity in fire.
Really? Don't speak up about what is wrong? That's sort of the basis of the catholic-priest-pedophile scandal.

Old 01-02-2023, 09:32 AM

Quote:

Each has their niche.

Throughout the bible it teaches us the importance of a equal mixture of fearing gods wrath, trust in his guidance and loving him as a whole (Father, son and holy Spirit). I loved my earthly father, i respected his authority and I feared his wrath when I did wrong and that brings me back to the love for him. As is the same with our heavenly father. I love hime, respected his word l, fear him for when I've done wrong and love him for showing me where i went wrong. If you dont have that ,(in my view) you're trying to place yourself on his and Jesus's level and thats where many of these so-called preachers are leading them down the wrong path.

Old 01-02-2023, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Really? Don't speak up about what is wrong? That's sort of the basis of the catholic-priest-pedophile scandal.
Um, pedophilia and preaching positivity are on the same level now? Not in my book.
I can't even talk about Pope Joseph R. - even tho, he apologized. But I will say: may he RIP and
do way better next time! tsk-tsk.

Old 01-02-2023, 10:31 AM

50,777 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Um, pedophilia and preaching positivity are on the same level now? Not in my book.
I can't even talk about Pope Joseph R. - even tho, he apologized. But I will say: may he RIP and
do way better next time! tsk-tsk.
That's not what I said. I said, "Don't speak up about what is wrong?" And it's not as simple as "tsk-tsk".

Old 01-02-2023, 11:02 AM

Phet, well if you think a pastor speaking about positive things, that come right from scripture is ''wrong''-
knock yourself out.

I believe it's, ''bad form, ole boy'', ref Gomez Addams--as it is for me to say much about the other kinds of pastors that preach fear.
Each has their place - JW's have their place, also .
It's squarely above my pay grade to say much...except, I prefer to have nothing to do with certain religions and pastors....
they are not for me.
So, there, I'm pointing out a 'wrong' right now..to spout things as fact, when they're above my pay grade.

But, somehow I don't think I can say much that you won't take issue with.
So I say this to others reading.

Old 01-02-2023, 11:09 AM

4,085 posts, read 872,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Im not quite sure how to address that question because I don't pay attention to any denomination just clthe Christian faith.
Do you want to explain how that preacher says people get saved? I'm interested because you said he had the true gospel.

Old 01-02-2023, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Throughout the bible it teaches us the importance of a equal mixture of fearing gods wrath, trust in his guidance and
loving him as a whole (Father, son and holy Spirit).
But, if you know that your Heavenly Father is only doing the best for you always...why fear Him?
Now, an earthly, drunken father that randomly beats you ...ok.

Even if you have never exp'd your Heavenly Father's unconditional love...you can apply logic.
Wrath? Oh my - the words that came from the fears and superstitions of a people that knew no
better than to project dread and blame onto their unknown Creator, 1000s of yrs ago.
Ok, not much I can say to your beliefs.

Old 01-02-2023, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
Do you want to explain how that preacher says people get saved? I'm interested because you said he had the true gospel.
Different people believe Different doctorarns and i feel his way of teaching is the proper way. Not about love of money or love of self, but surrendering ones self to God mind body and soul. So on that note, when you ask Jesus to forgive you and enter your heart and be your personal Savior. All is forgive, but you must try and to keep walking in the path of his righteousness, not your own. Not hating a person for their sins, but hating the sin itself. Being a Christian isnt a one done act. Its a daily wslk and always seeking out the scriptures and God's word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality