Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2022, 06:41 PM

4,085 posts, read 872,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
I love how he sticks to the scripture and applies a short story from time to time. Plus he has no reservations about telling the truth when it comes to (PROFIT PREACHERS) like Kenneth Coplen and Joel Osteen and others like them who dont teach the true gospel. They are the wolves in sheeps clothing that we are warned about.
So how does he teach the true gospel that the others you mentioned don't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2022, 06:57 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Why should a non-godist be open to the word of god...particularly if they left a godist religion?

Let's turn it around. You would describe yourself as very open to Buddhism? You've read Buddhist scriptures? You've spent time in Buddhist temples for religious purposes (as opposed to tourism)? You've had significant conversations with Buddhist monks?
I never said I was open to it, so dont put words in my mouth. I said that I believe in what our countries forefathers wrote in the Declaration of Independence. Its your right to follow whom you wish. I believe in following who I feel is the One and Only True Living God and his son our Lord Jesus Christ.

Old 12-31-2022, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
So how does he teach the true gospel that the others you mentioned don't?
The others are pushing what is known as,(Prosperity Religion), wealth on earth.
Pastor Voddie teaches what comes from the bible. They're teachings are very rarely biblically based and they are more in the line as motivational speaker that they are true preachers. False profits are are who we Christians are warned against.
Take a little time and watch a few of Pastor Voddie's ceremons and you'll see just what I'm talking about.

Old 12-31-2022, 07:10 PM

50,777 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
I never said I was open to it, so dont put words in my mouth. I said that I believe in what our countries forefathers wrote in the Declaration of Independence. Its your right to follow whom you wish. I believe in following who I feel is the One and Only True Living God and his son our Lord Jesus Christ.
Your words: "most of the time when people are involved in other beliefs they usually arent willing to be open to the word of got as its supposed to be read and followed"

Old 12-31-2022, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Your words: "most of the time when people are involved in other beliefs they usually arent willing to be open to the word of got as its supposed to be read and followed"
As the Christian bibles is supposed to be read and interpreted. The mega church preachers seem to have lost their way and only focus on feel good doctoran and money. Not Gods word.

Old 01-01-2023, 02:03 PM

Quote:
The others are pushing what is known as,(Prosperity Religion), wealth on earth.
Pastor Voddie teaches what comes from the bible. They're teachings are very rarely biblically based and they are more in the line as motivational speaker that they are true preachers. False profits are are who we Christians are warned against.
Take a little time and watch a few of Pastor Voddie's ceremons and you'll see just what I'm talking about.
Well besides the prosperity thing, what else are you against them for? There is some good that comes from what they teach, even though I know they teach some falseness. What does Voddie teach on how to get saved? You said he preaches the true gospel. Can you tell me what he says we have to do to get saved? Thanks.

Old 01-01-2023, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
Well besides the prosperity thing, what else are you against them for? There is some good that comes from what they teach, even though I know they teach some falseness. What does Voddie teach on how to get saved? You said he preaches the true gospel. Can you tell me what he says we have to do to get saved? Thanks.
Look him up on YouTube and listen to him for a bit. He's really good. Now as far as being saved, John's 3:16 & 3:17 are very clear the juses is the onlybway. Doing good deeds and paying a church has nothing to do with it. Pastor Voddie explains it in great details in many of his sermons.

Old 01-01-2023, 04:49 PM

16,667 posts, read 15,663,359 times
Quote:
No.
But most of the time when people are involved in other beliefs they usually arent willing to be open to the word of got as its supposed to be read and followed. And in turn are very critical of any and every part of Christianity.

I'm the type of person that believes what our forefathers put into the Declaration of Independence that each man should be free to seek his God in his own way.
I don't recall reading such a statement in the Declaration Of Independence.

Old 01-01-2023, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I don't recall reading such a statement in the Declaration Of Independence.
Ya know, i went back and read it in standard text and you're right, it's not there. Where in the world did I read that? Now I know I've seen it somewhere, but where. Well I never did say that I was a scholar, especially not a writer.
So please forgive me. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. God Bless.

Old 01-01-2023, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Look him up on YouTube and listen to him for a bit. He's really good. Now as far as being saved, John's 3:16 & 3:17 are very clear the juses is the onlybway. Doing good deeds and paying a church has nothing to do with it. Pastor Voddie explains it in great details in many of his sermons.
It is better for us to talk here about what he teaches. Watching videos on a preacher to find out what he teaches is a lot to ask someone.

So does he teach faith alone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality