Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2023, 05:51 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
It is better for us to talk here about what he teaches. Watching videos on a preacher to find out what he teaches is a lot to ask someone.

So does he teach faith alone?
Not just faith, but doctoral teaching biblically based and the true path to gain salvation in and only through Jesus Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2023, 06:01 PM

4,085 posts, read 872,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Not just faith, but doctoral teaching biblically based and the true path to gain salvation in and only through Jesus Christ.
You didn't answer my question. Does he teach what denominations call faith alone?

Old 01-01-2023, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
You didn't answer my question. Does he teach what denominations call faith alone?
Im not quite sure how to address that question because I don't pay attention to any denomination just clthe Christian faith.

Old 01-01-2023, 06:51 PM

6,792 posts, read 2,900,926 times
Voddie Baucham believes and preaches that homosexuality is a violation of the 'Created Order'.

He believes and preaches that homosexuality denounces 'procreation' categorically.

He believes and preaches that homosexuality blasphemes the illustration of Christ and, especially true, when we understand the illustration of "His Bride the Church".

He believes and preaches that homosexuality denies the very need for sanctification because it takes what God calls 'sinful' and calls it 'righteous'.

He believes and preaches that homosexuality is the ONLY sin for which God destroyed entire cities with fire and brimstone.

He believes and preaches that homosexuality is not like other sins ...that it is UNIQUE and was considered to be so grave a sin that it eventually led to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and other cities of the surrounding plain.

He calls homosexuality 'an abomination to God'. No other sin, he claims, is considered to be worthy of such a term.

I disagree with any minister of God who holds to such a position on the subject of homosexuality. So, 'Voddie Baucham' is, unfortunately, not someone I care to listen to.

Old 01-01-2023, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Voddie Baucham believes and preaches that homosexuality is a violation of the 'Created Order'.

He believes and preaches that homosexuality denounces 'procreation' categorically.

He believes and preaches that homosexuality blasphemes the illustration of Christ and, especially true, when we understand the illustration of "His Bride the Church".

He believes and preaches that homosexuality denies the very need for sanctification because it takes what God calls 'sinful' and calls it 'righteous'.

He believes and preaches that homosexuality is the ONLY sin for which God destroyed entire cities with fire and brimstone.

He believes and preaches that homosexuality is not like other sins ...that it is UNIQUE and was considered to be so grave a sin that it eventually led to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and other cities of the surrounding plain.

He calls homosexuality 'an abomination to God'. No other sin, he claims, is considered to be worthy of such a term.

I disagree with any minister of God who holds to such a position on the subject of homosexuality. So, 'Voddie Baucham' is, unfortunately, not someone I care to listen to.
And that it's your choice. And I choose whole hardily that he is a man of the truth of the Bible and its true teaching. The luke warm money grubbers/none biblical false profits will and are the, (Ravaging Wolves in Sheeps Clothing). ie. Kenneth Copland and Joel Osteen.

Last edited by EarthBound?; 01-01-2023 at 07:12 PM..

Old 01-01-2023, 09:01 PM

6,792 posts, read 2,900,926 times
Quote:
And that it's your choice. And I choose whole hardily that he is a man of the truth of the Bible and its true teaching. The luke warm money grubbers/none biblical false profits will and are the, (Ravaging Wolves in Sheeps Clothing). ie. Kenneth Copland and Joel Osteen.
That I disagree on VB's biblical stance on homosexuality - its being 'the sin of sins' and the reason for the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, etc. - certainly does not mean that I therefore support the charlatans and others like them that you mention. I'm in total agreement with you (and VB) on that one.

Old 01-01-2023, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
That I disagree on VB's biblical stance on homosexuality - its being 'the sin of sins' and the reason for the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, etc. - certainly does not mean that I therefore support the charlatans and others like them that you mention. I'm in total agreement with you (and VB) on that one.
No, please understand that I'm not saying that you support any of them.
But unlike so many preachers, he doesn't mince words when it comes to the gospel. He's a straight shooter and he knows that its going to offend people, but its the true gospel and not a watered down version just to get people to show up. As far as I can tell, he uses every cross reference that he can to get the point across. He's dead against anything that has to do with CRT or equity and that goes for Reparation as well.
And as I said before, its freewill that God doesn't interfere with, so its your choice to follow someone else.
God Bless and I truly hope you find what you're looking for.

Old 01-02-2023, 03:34 AM

16,769 posts, read 4,974,055 times
Quote:
So just by going onto a garbage site like Wikipedia you were able to obtain all the information you needed to come to that conclusion.
So instead of showing where Wikipedia is wrong, you simply dismiss it as a garbage site? Is Wikipedia wrong?

Quote:
And on top of that you've never bothered to listen to any of his sermons. Thats like saying the food your grandmother prepared really sucks and never even trying it. Maybe if you try and listen to him once, youll find that Pastor Voddie is all about God and family then self.
Why would I need to listen to his videos? All I did was provide an alternate explanation to a dismissive ad hominem post.

So once again, is Wikipedia wrong?

Quote:
And they're based on there opinions. Try listening to a few of his sermons.
Which would be HIS opinions.

Old 01-02-2023, 05:27 AM

16,667 posts, read 15,663,359 times
Quote:
No, please understand that I'm not saying that you support any of them.
But unlike so many preachers, he doesn't mince words when it comes to the gospel. He's a straight shooter and he knows that its going to offend people, but its the true gospel and not a watered down version just to get people to show up. As far as I can tell, he uses every cross reference that he can to get the point across. He's dead against anything that has to do with CRT or equity and that goes for Reparation as well.
And as I said before, its freewill that God doesn't interfere with, so its your choice to follow someone else.
God Bless and I truly hope you find what you're looking for.
Why in the world would any worthwhile preacher even mention Critical Race Theory or Reparations from the pulpit? Those things have nothing to do with the message of Christianity, and CRT is usually grossly misunderstood.

Old 01-02-2023, 06:09 AM

3,109 posts, read 1,005,048 times
At minute 20:20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzoMDltjM5k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality