Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 04:19 AM

2,229 posts, read 787,849 times

Advertisements

Every SS man had a belt buckle with a skull an the words "Gott Mit Uns" - "God On Our Side".

https://www.google.fi/search?q=gott+...elt+buckle&gs_

Old 11-15-2022, 04:35 AM

62,057 posts, read 87,760,434 times
Gott Mit Uns was on German Army belt buckles long before Hitler came to power....its a German Army tradition rather than a commentary on the regime....

I think, during the Nazi era, the SS wore belt buckles with “Meine Ehre heißt Treue” (My honor is loyalty).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gott_mit_uns

Where are the buckles with skulls?

Old 11-15-2022, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Gott Mit Uns was on German Army belt buckles long before Hitler came to power....its a German Army tradition rather than a commentary on the regime....

I think, during the Nazi era, the SS wore belt buckles with “Meine Ehre heißt Treue” (My honor is loyalty).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gott_mit_uns

Where are the buckles with skulls?
https://www.google.fi/search?q=gott+...mit+uns+belt+b

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-15-2022 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: Fixed quote tag

Old 11-15-2022, 06:05 AM

20,159 posts, read 13,601,041 times
I think the assertion that the "Nazis were Christian" is not a slam dunk and certainly isn't going to be substantiated by a belt buckle. I mean, it SHOULD be sufficient since fundagelicals claim the US is a "Christian nation" based on little other than their own aspirational dreams and the fact that some decades ago they were able to ramrod "in god we trust" into our coinage.

What is fair to say I think is that the Nazis were not godless atheists, they liberally embraced and leveraged religious ideation and symbolism to advance their nationalistic vision and to enhance their power, and they pretty much cowed the various churches into not actively opposing them.

Ultimately, fascism is about power for power's sake; religion is just an incidental means to an end.

Last edited by mordant; 11-15-2022 at 06:49 AM..

Old 11-15-2022, 07:58 AM

The Nazis were very spiritual people, they had often spiritism sessions and were into the occult.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:05 AM

13,768 posts, read 8,070,412 times
Many Nazi party and military leaders were occultists.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamorphosis69 View Post
Yeah, I saw them, but they aren't the real, official army buckles.

See the word FANTASY?

Old 11-15-2022, 08:24 AM

20,159 posts, read 13,601,041 times
Quote:
The Nazis were very spiritual people, they had often spiritism sessions and were into the occult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Many Nazi party and military leaders were occultists.
Yes some in leadership were pagans. Some of them were also Christians of varying levels of observance, or atheists. So? That's not the point. Naziism was a fascist nationalist movement that was ultimately about power for the sake of power. It was not a religious (or areligious) movement. As an atheist I can't discredit Christians by claiming it was Christian anymore than Christians can try to discredit me by claiming it was atheistic.

The most we can say is that Nazis mostly understood pragmatically that religion is a fulcrum for controlling people and that it can be melded with nationalism to motivate people to do certain things in the service of the ultimate goal: absolute, unopposed power.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:27 AM

11,207 posts, read 7,259,911 times
Yeah right. Let's look at reality instead. The Nazis:

Hated people, especially the Jews (Jesus commanded not to hate)
Wanted to kill with a blood-thirst of genocide (God said that we shall not kill)
Supported extreme division, especially Jews vs. everyone else (Jesus came to bring unity)
Never forgave or showed mercy (Jesus came to promote forgiveness and mercy)

Based on the evidence and their track record, the Nazis were 180 degrees opposed to the ways of Christianity.

Sure, for all the Jesus-haters, any lies will do the trick and score points for their side. The ends justify the means right?

People have always used tools and tricks to deceive for their own gain. The con-artist who wears fancy clothes and dupes people, the beloved and charismatic CEO who swindles the employees, the respected head family member who is discovered molesting kids. It's not about the outward attempts of gaining credibility behind a bogus image; it's purely about actions and inner motivations.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:28 AM

Quote:
I think they were more into occult or esoteric racial philosophy. Not much to do with Christianity.
Hitler believed that the Aryan race, to which all "true" Germans belonged, was the race whose blood (soul) was of the highest degree. God Himself had, in fact, created the Aryans as the most perfect men, both physically and spiritually. (Mein Kampf, pages 327, 381 and especially 396 on blood and soul)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality