Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 01:33 PM

1,480 posts, read 480,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Who gave you the authority to declare what is and what is not of God?
I figure you can grab your Crusaders sword and put me to Death if that is what you deem necessary.

I'll pass on answering your Inquisition.

Old 11-15-2022, 01:34 PM

13,624 posts, read 7,942,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Do you have a problem with Jews?
What an interesting question. What made you ask that?

It's unfair to lump all Jews into one category. I evaluate individuals, not groups.

Many Jews believe in Christ. Unfortunately most do not, and of course that is problematic. That said, not that it's any of your business but no I do not have a personal problem with any Jew.

Old 11-15-2022, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
I figure you can grab your Crusaders sword and put me to Death if that is what you deem necessary.

I'll pass on answering your Inquisition.
Not my place. You're the one claiming to speak for God here.

Old 11-15-2022, 01:37 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
What an interesting question. What made you ask that?

It's unfair to lump all Jews into one category. I evaluate individuals, not groups.

Many Jews believe in Christ. Unfortunately most do not, and that is problematic.
That scripture you quoted seemed like you were attempting to justify. My perception is that you are using the Bible to dehumanize another.

Old 11-15-2022, 01:39 PM

2,676 posts, read 1,265,626 times
Quote:
Not at all! I'm an apologist (generally speaking) for both the Crusades and the Inquisition.

You, however, mentioned "murder".

I found your condemnation ironic and a clear example of psychological projection given that Jesus was speaking to your ancestors (both spiritually and physically) in John 8:39-59.
You think that somehow I am projecting onto the Crusaders the label of "murder"? You are claiming that somehow the behavior of the Inquisitors was not murder and only receiving that label because I consider their behavior murder but others don't?

That does speak volumes. As to irony, no, it isn't ironic and if you are trying to prove a case by citing a text that holds no value to me, your claim fails on both the semantic and textual level.

Old 11-15-2022, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
You think that somehow I am projecting onto the Crusaders the label of "murder"? You are claiming that somehow the behavior of the Inquisitors was not murder and only receiving that label because I consider their behavior murder but others don't?

That does speak volumes. As to irony, no, it isn't ironic and if you are trying to prove a case by citing a text that holds no value to me, your claim fails on both the semantic and textual level.
Regardless of the value you place on the text or lack thereof, if you simply read it I think you would understand my meaning completely.

Old 11-15-2022, 01:44 PM

1,480 posts, read 480,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
The crusades and the inquisition were not of God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That scripture you quoted seemed like you were attempting to justify. My perception is that you are using the Bible to dehumanize another.
Yeah, my post turned that scripture back on him.

Old 11-15-2022, 01:44 PM

2,676 posts, read 1,265,626 times
Quote:
Regardless of the value you place on the text or lack thereof, if you simply read it I think you would understand my meaning completely.
I'll stick with Harry POtetr and Hamlet. If I'm going to read fiction, they are better options.

Old 11-15-2022, 01:59 PM

3,802 posts, read 2,999,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
The catholic church (at least in Germany) was complicit in war crimes with the Nazi's. Do a search. I'm first generation of a German family born in the US and a catholic school survivor. The day I discovered this was the last day I set foot in a catholic church. Never Again.
What’s a “Catholic school survivor”?
Never heard of such a term.
I went through such a school system, as did my parents, siblings and my own children.
The Catholic Church were not complicit in war crimes, they were pretty much powerless to stop the Nazi regime.
The Nazis themselves were not affiliated with any Christian denomination or religion.

Old 11-15-2022, 02:12 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
I'll stick with Harry POtetr and Hamlet. If I'm going to read fiction, they are better options.
I would like to know what his intention was quoting that scripture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.