Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2022, 01:18 PM

51,171 posts, read 24,630,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Gldn, my friend, you are a real hoot! You certainly raise the hackles of the atheists here. You seem to have them flailing in every direction. Glad you are enjoying yourself. I am personally too familiar with my previous mindset as an atheist and how impenetrable it can be for God stuff. I am focused on a more serious and heartfelt agenda geared toward correcting and shoring up believers and reaching the agnostics and fence sitters.
Just goes to show you the tribalism here. He moans and groans about my 39,638 posts in 12 years (about 3,300 posts/year), but thinks your 56,714 posts in 14 years (about 4,000 posts/year) is just great. In other words, no principle is involved, just tribalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2022, 01:26 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,681,172 times
Quote:
Gldn, my friend, you are a real hoot! You certainly raise the hackles of the atheists here. You seem to have them flailing in every direction. Glad you are enjoying yourself. I am personally too familiar with my previous mindset as an atheist and how impenetrable it can be for God stuff. I am focused on a more serious and heartfelt agenda geared toward correcting and shoring up believers and reaching the agnostics and fence sitters.
Well...your benevolent efforts those many years ago helped me find God. God that I was certain did not exist.
That they even argue against Pantheist & Panentheist concepts and perceptions of God is indicative that they are not making a sincere inquiry and looking for answers.
They are just busting chops and hating on Theists & Theism.
My twisted sense of humor & what I find to be entertaining actually gets a kick out of their prolific offerings...but that's just my own thing.

Old 02-27-2022, 12:31 AM

16,870 posts, read 5,052,325 times
Quote:
Gldn, my friend, you are a real hoot! You certainly raise the hackles of the atheists here.
Lol, no.

You seem unable to comprehend that I am actually playing Goldie's game, and he is oblivious to this. And his deliberately false and stupid arguments make theists look like idiots, so in his silly attempt to attack atheists, he is actually attacking theism. Hence one of my nick names for him, Brutus. He is a great service to atheism.

Quote:
You seem to have them flailing in every direction.
What? He repeats the same arguments few over and over, so there is no flailing here. Incidentally, he has seven more mantras than you. Even the less intelligent Christians can chain hundreds of mantras to avoid discussing the actual points. You two manage a mere ten.

At least I can learn from your use of the English language, unlike Goldie#s Dueling Banjo patois.

Quote:
Glad you are enjoying yourself. I am personally too familiar with my previous mindset as an atheist and how impenetrable it can be for God stuff. I am focused on a more serious and heartfelt agenda geared toward correcting and shoring up believers and reaching the agnostics and fence sitters.
And you are doing a great job.

Old 02-27-2022, 04:35 AM

16,870 posts, read 5,052,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
That they even argue against Pantheist & Panentheist concepts and perceptions of God is indicative that they are not making a sincere inquiry and looking for answers.
They are just busting chops and hating on Theists & Theism.
Non sequitur and projection.

Old 02-27-2022, 08:51 AM

29,587 posts, read 9,813,290 times
Quote:
I see...well, if 10 posts a day for 7 straight years of "inquiry" hasn't supplied what you are lookin for by now..my best assessment concludes it's probably not ever going to.
But please do not ever stop spitting into that strong wind and pounding sand...it would be a great amusement deficit for me.
Carry on.
Will do, and you too please don't stop with all your wind I've been spitting into, because that would cause my post count (that you so carefully monitor) to drop considerably.

Old 02-27-2022, 08:59 AM

Quote:
You are both real hoots! "Two peas in a pod." Kind of nice to think we are all providing entertainment of one kind or another for others here. Even this hand-holding and stroking is kind of charming. Funny this too, about how atheist mindset is "God stuff" impenetrable. I wonder what sort of mindset an atheist can have that might be more accepting of God stuff. Would that be something like a judge who accepts inadmissible evidence in his/her courtroom? I'm not sure how to come by that sort of mindset, though I can clearly see it comes easy for lots of people.

One way or another, I've pretty well considered a whole lot of God stuff over my many years. Of all kinds. Long before I discovered this forum and plenty more here too. Some may suggest my mindset is impenetrable to that sort of stuff, but I'm here continuing to explore the possibilities. Just because I don't buy into this sort of stuff like others, doesn't mean I haven't thoroughly considered the stuff. No different than how we all judge what we do and decide what's worth keeping and what is not.

That's all.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:15 AM

51,171 posts, read 24,630,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Will do, and you too please don't stop with all your wind I've been spitting into, because that would cause my post count (that you so carefully monitor) to drop considerably.
Keep in mind that he only points out post counts of atheists.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Keep in mind that he only points out post counts of atheists.
Obviously, but I'm behind the reduction of post count movement, because it does help to minimize the time wasted in this forum. Why I think I'll sign off now and get on with preparing our BSB.

A good Sunday to all!

Old 02-27-2022, 09:39 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,681,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You are both real hoots! "Two peas in a pod." Kind of nice to think we are all providing entertainment of one kind or another for others here. Even this hand-holding and stroking is kind of charming. Funny this too, about how atheist mindset is "God stuff" impenetrable. I wonder what sort of mindset an atheist can have that might be more accepting of God stuff. Would that be something like a judge who accepts inadmissible evidence in his/her courtroom? Not sure how that to come by that sort of mindset, though I can clearly see it comes easy for lots of people.
Ahhhhh...the old "Courtroom Evidence" argument!
I love it! Few arguments actually prove the case being argued against as well as that one!
It IS like a courtroom, and typical evidence presented.
And just like in court...the majority of "cases" are decided on Personal Testimony, circumstantial, and indirect evidence...like what has been sufficient for countless juries to render countless decisions, even in matters that would strip someone of all their freedom or even their life.
The majority of all the court decisions in human history have been made off this type of evidence (forensics is very new relative to human civilization) and even now, many courts demand the support of Personal Testimony, even in cases of the most serious crimes.
NOTHING has more Testimonial, circumstantial, and indirect evidentiary support than the perception of the existence of God....so....

Old 02-28-2022, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Ahhhhh...the old "Courtroom Evidence" argument!
I love it! Few arguments actually prove the case being argued against as well as that one!
It IS like a courtroom, and typical evidence presented.
And just like in court...the majority of "cases" are decided on Personal Testimony, circumstantial, and indirect evidence...like what has been sufficient for countless juries to render countless decisions, even in matters that would strip someone of all their freedom or even their life.
The majority of all the court decisions in human history have been made off this type of evidence (forensics is very new relative to human civilization) and even now, many courts demand the support of Personal Testimony, even in cases of the most serious crimes.
NOTHING has more Testimonial, circumstantial, and indirect evidentiary support than the perception of the existence of God....so....
Another good one. Too funny!

Not sure where you are getting your data regarding how the majority of cases are decided, but since they typically involve people, one should probably expect personal testimony to matter as well. Personal testimony can also be factual or total BS. Not always as easy as you seem to need, but can be done. Lots of people plead not guilty for example. End up in the slammer anyway.

I can provide personal testimony that you post lots of comments in this forum for example. You are even better at providing the post count of others. Those are facts not subject to subjectivity.

What we think about comments you post, we all post, is another matter entirely. There are people who feel your posts and beliefs make sense and are perfectly justified. Others who think the opposite. There is truth to be established along those lines too, but not in this forum I don't think. We are all free to post whatever we like as a result. There is no truth sheriff or impartial judge here. Just a lot of hot air transmitted by keyboard strokes. This too is a fact you take good advantage of...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality