Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2022, 11:45 AM

88,544 posts, read 84,719,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Dahmer got "saved" in prison. So I guess he will be in heaven when you get there.
He is in Hell in the Spooky Mormon Hell Dream number in the musical The Book of Mormon, along with a couple of Starbucks cups and Johnny Cochran.

Old 01-30-2022, 12:05 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'd never heard of Jemar Tisby, but yes, at first I thought that was the author. Thought the same about Smith as you did. I see he lives in Williamsport in central Pennsylvania, the home of the Little League World Series. Beautiful country there, typical Pennsylvania green rolling hills.
He is absolutely vile on Twitter. Very racist and says some incredibly harsh things. Seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2022, 12:06 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Dahmer got "saved" in prison. So I guess he will be in heaven when you get there.
Yes. That's right. Anyone that trusts in Jesus can be saved. Even him.

Having said that, I'm sure a lot of folks cheered when they found out he was killed.

Old 01-31-2022, 11:49 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well if you think about it brothers and sisters had to marry as there was no one else...Adam and Eve were the first people.
And then Noah. Brothers, sisters and first cousins had to marry as there was no one left after the flood.
The bible says the Nephilim were on earth before and after the flood...which one of Noahs family was a Nephilim?

Old 01-31-2022, 01:14 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,175,285 times
Quote:
A friend sent me a link to a review of a book entitled Sex and Violence in the Bible.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/r...iolence-bible/

I thought it was going to simply be a Bible-bashing book, but a closer look revealed that the author is himself a Christian, as is the reviewer, who like many here hold to the belief that all Scripture is inspired.

I remember being a young teenager and reading my Bible late at night when I couldn't sleep, desperate for comfort and help. I did come across Psalm 91 in that search, but I also discovered all these "dirty" stories in the Bible that they'd never told us in Sunday school. Sex between siblings, prostitution, oh my. Who knew?

As far as violence goes, the imagery of dogs licking the blood of Jezebel has always stayed with me.
a guide to improving of human consciousness must contain examples of the problems it try to solve...

Old 02-18-2022, 04:37 PM

18 posts, read 9,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The bible says the Nephilim were on earth before and after the flood...which one of Noahs family was a Nephilim?
Adam and eve were not the first people on earth: Adam was the first man made in God's image...Adam. And Adam fell away from God...the went chasing after the desires of their own hearts...so God created a second Adam, his name was Jesus. How did today's Beast SSS'ystem create you? Where did all these liars and deceivers come from? Who created you? Liars and deceivers created you?

Noah believed in God, and offered bloody sacrifice...he did not know God very well...and the "Truth," is well documented. Noah and his sons were the only great dread upon the whole earth, because what? Why? I ask, but I don't expect you to know anything.

The SSS'ystem is what is creating children into men today...

Of course, you don't have much to add to the sick reality they are creating for you and the children today. Just do as mandated by law so deep that you drown yourself and your children because you are blind as a bat. Do as you are told, no thinking allowed. Good way to become a sacrificial goat.

God is still God today, the icky parts of the bible is still the icky parts of life today. People that know nothing being controlled by liars and deceivers that are leading you to the destruction of all life on earth because they know not God!

Oh right - you plan to blast of to mars before that time?

-

Old 02-18-2022, 08:13 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,131 times
Quote:
A friend sent me a link to a review of a book entitled Sex and Violence in the Bible.

I thought it was going to simply be a Bible-bashing book, but a closer look revealed that the author is himself a Christian, as is the reviewer, who like many here hold to the belief that all Scripture is inspired.

I remember being a young teenager and reading my Bible late at night when I couldn't sleep, desperate for comfort and help. I did come across Psalm 91 in that search, but I also discovered all these "dirty" stories in the Bible that they'd never told us in Sunday school. Sex between siblings, prostitution, oh my. Who knew?

As far as violence goes, the imagery of dogs licking the blood of Jezebel has always stayed with me.
Well, each to its own, and I have no issue with anyone who believes in the Bible.

On a personal note though, I may have a preconceived yet vague idea about God. And if I were to perform a research on the Bible, then THIS is the kinda stuff that indicates to me that this is not from the God whom I want to believe in.

Bible also has quite a few nuggets that seem to be coming from the God that I want to believe in.

Which brings me to a point where I tend to think that this is probably a man made interjections in the holy scriptures, or the God of the Bible who speaks about these kinda things, is not for me.

Both points make it easy for me to respectfully pass on THIS version of Christian faith.

Old 02-20-2022, 10:51 AM

895 posts, read 475,053 times
I recall, in the movie "Demolition Man", Wesley Snipes, was setting free prisoners from cryosleep and he's reading through the list of names, pauses and says, "Jeffery Dahmer....I Love this guy!". After Jeffrey's demise , they scrubbed that line from almost every copy of the movie I've run across. As it should be, probably poor taste to have had that line in the movie to begin with.

Old 02-20-2022, 11:00 AM

895 posts, read 475,053 times
Quote:

In my younger years, I read the full bible many times, and the first time was pretty surprising! Women being forced to marry their rapists, A child's foreskin stopped angry god from killing his guy Moses, God murdered every child in the great flood, God sent a bear to slaughter 42 children for picking on his prophet's bald head, and so many more. It wasn't a lack of reading the bible that lead me away from realizing what it really was. Then after consuming it's contents, when you study the full history of the bible, especially the canonization and subsequent changes, you realize how immensely troubling it is to accept it as the source of all truth. The fact it comes to most people today in a neatly bound cover, makes it convenient for simple minds to embrace it as a nice neat, clean package of god, when in reality is it anything but that.

Old 02-20-2022, 11:41 AM

50,777 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyno View Post
In my younger years, I read the full bible many times, and the first time was pretty surprising! Women being forced to marry their rapists, A child's foreskin stopped angry god from killing his guy Moses, God murdered every child in the great flood, God sent a bear to slaughter 42 children for picking on his prophet's bald head, and so many more. It wasn't a lack of reading the bible that lead me away from realizing what it really was. Then after consuming it's contents, when you study the full history of the bible, especially the canonization and subsequent changes, you realize how immensely troubling it is to accept it as the source of all truth. The fact it comes to most people today in a neatly bound cover, makes it convenient for simple minds to embrace it as a nice neat, clean package of god, when in reality is it anything but that.
Well stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality