Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 05:48 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,570,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by em3ry View Post

Daniel 7
2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.
3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.
4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.
5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.
6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.
7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it stamped with the feet of it, brake in pieces, and devoured the dung: and it was different from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

חָטָא (Chita)
to miss, to sin, miss the goal or path of right and duty, to incur guilt, incur penalty by sin, forfeit
Fear is the mind killer.
God can be thought of as anything that removes that fear.
How we package that ... well, as seen here on CD ... the ways are as numerous as the stars in the sky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2021, 07:37 AM

75 posts, read 37,476 times
fear is dirt. You remove it by "washing"

https://tok.fandom.com/wiki/Irrational_fears

or you can just shut off your brain. This seem to be a very popular option

Old 05-23-2021, 08:25 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.
4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.
5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.
6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.
7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it stamped with the feet of it, brake in pieces, and devoured the dung: and it was different from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

חָטָא (Chita)
to miss, to sin, miss the goal or path of right and duty, to incur guilt, incur penalty by sin, forfeit
Secular contemporaneous historical analysis is a common misuse of scriptures. Scriptures are inspirations recorded primarily to aid our consciousnesses in understanding God and our ultimate purpose . . . not to provide a historical or anthropological description of our past! We should NOT be looking for the secular significance of what is written. We should always seek out the spiritual significance . . . since scripture is dedicated to revelations of religious significance rather than secular significance.

Using Daniel as worldly prophesy, you would have to exclude Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome from contention as the beasts (kingdoms) because despite its successes Rome did NOT devour the whole earth (and the world has not ended). Since no other "kingdom" has yet dominated the world, the vision must refer to things unfulfilled so no reasonable symbolic relationships could be attached to any other secular kingdoms. It is also far more likely that it is a religious "kingdom" that Christ will preside over since God's kingdom is within and the idea of actual kingdoms is gradually disappearing from human society.

Daniel's dream about the four beasts in Daniel 7 is controversial because people keep trying to use a carnal and secular historical bias instead of a spiritual perspective for interpretation. Secular kingdoms are NOT the focus of Daniel's dream in Daniel 7. The Bible is first and foremost a spiritual book. Our consciousnesses are on a spiritual quest, not a carnal secular one.

It is much easier to draw symbolic spiritual connections to Daniel's dream using as "kingdoms" the religious faiths that have emerged and persist even to this day. It is also important to remember that the order of appearance in the dream has nothing to do with the order of appearance historically. Linear time sequences were NOT part of the mindset of Daniel and our ancient ancestors. The character and specifics ALONE identify the "kingdoms," NOT the order of appearance.

Daniel 7 (Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition)

From Daniel 7:2, the origin of the beasts,

. . . And behold the four winds of heaven strove upon the great sea. And four great beasts, different one from another, came up out of the sea.

Thus, the origin of the beasts is heaven, a logical source of religious beliefs.

From Daniel 7:4,

. . . The first was like a lioness and had the wings of an eagle: I beheld till her wings were plucked off and she was lifted up from the earth, and stood upon her feet as a man, and the heart of a man was given to her.

This would be a reference to Judaism (the lion of Juda) from whom the wings of eternity were plucked and the heart of Jesus was given to her in crucifixion.

From Daniel 7:5,

. . . and behold another beast like a bear stood up on one side: and there were three rows in the mouth thereof, and in the teeth thereof, and thus they said to it: Arise, devour much flesh.

This is a reference to Islam, (the bear of Persia) and the rows of teeth are the offshoots of it. Indeed, the holy war or Jihad that established Islam "devoured much flesh" and it continues to do so.

From Daniel 7:6,

. . . After this I beheld, and lo, another like a leopard, and it had upon it four wings as of a fowl, and the beast had four heads, and power was given to it.

The four heads immediately bring to mind Brahmanism (the leopard of India). Originally five heads were assigned to Brahma, but one was destroyed by Siva. The four heads symbolize the main offshoots of it. The power that was given to it was probably the Taoist philosophy, or the way of life which stresses charity (agape love). The wings most likely symbolize the capability of each offshoot for flight into heaven.

From Daniel 7:7,

. . . After this I beheld in the vision of the night, and lo, a fourth beast, terrible and wonderful, and exceeding strong, it had great iron teeth, eating and breaking in pieces, and treading down the rest with its feet.

This would be the Christianity of Roman Catholicism, (the Iron of the industrial revolution) and the eating and breaking in pieces, signifies the splitting into various "Protestant" sects that it has been undergoing during its spread throughout the world.

From Daniel 7:23

23And thus he said: The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be greater than all the kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

<snip> (References to the many Christian Kings of Europe)

From Daniel 7:28

28 Hitherto is the end of the Word.

The phrase "end of the Word," since the Word is God (John 1:1) would seem to further corroborate this general line of interpretation. Since the fourth beast is Christianity . . . which seems to have special significance, e.g. "shall devour the whole earth" . . . I am confident that Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

Old 05-23-2021, 08:44 AM

https://www.etymonline.com/word/chee...online_v_11217
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%CF%8...#Ancient_Greek

Old 05-24-2021, 07:13 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,019,927 times
Quote:

Daniel 7

חָטָא (Chita)
Well, ya got the pronunciation of חָטָא wrong...

Old 05-24-2021, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Well, ya got the pronunciation of חָטָא wrong...
strictly speaking yes. But I was making a valid point and trying to make my point more obvious. If you don't make your point obvious then people around here won't get it

https://ohr.edu/ask_db/ask_main.php/121/Q1/

Also: The vowel points were added around A.D. 700-1000 because biblical Hebrew was becoming a completely dead language, even among the Hebrew Masoretes who were copying it. So they developed a vowel point system to know how to pronounce it.

Last edited by em3ry; 05-24-2021 at 09:06 AM..

Old 05-24-2021, 12:34 PM

Gen 2:16-17

King James Version

16 And the Lord God commanded the Adam (undomesticated), saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good pain, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

How do we turn irresponsible kids into responsible adults and how should society deal with irresponsible young adults that keep breaking the law. The politically correct thing is to be "hard on crime". But there is a better more humane and more effective way.

Irresponsible young adults lack a healthy respect for laws (both physical and social). Teaching them this respect requires subjecting them to a certain amount of pain. This is unavoidable.

But there is good pain and there is bad pain. There is pain that people hate and there is pain that people enjoy. Good pain is exhilarating. Bad pain is terrifying. (The difference is not intensity.) If one can discipline people using only good pain then why not do it that way?

(This is why the military marches troops in training for miles and miles as "punishment" for breaking the rules. But it only works for those that enjoy jogging. Not everyone does.)

Old 05-24-2021, 01:10 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
You can see through prophecies the bizarre spirits in the bible, and may be hard to believe in these strange things, well these ufo's that have been seen and videos that people show are these similar beast spirits, and people reason out that these are fallen angels and make up some scientific anti-gravitation physical, extra terrestrial ideas of these spirits ..... As one spiritual law is there is no spiritual space between the spirits, which people have witnessed with ufo's..... See these four beast are these same type of fallen angels as ufo, but they look different, but both deceive people

Old 05-24-2021, 01:31 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,007,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Daniel, the book that contradicts historical facts about Cyrus, the Medes and Persians, but does get the predictions about the war of the Maccabees correct until 167 BC before getting everything after that wrong.

Why, it is as if Daniel was invented in 167 BC, or shortly after to explain why a prophecy in Jeremiah did not come true, and then that new, improved prophecy also failed.
Nonsense. There is no reason to believe in a late authorship.

Old 05-24-2021, 11:51 PM

16,765 posts, read 4,971,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Nonsense. There is no reason to believe in a late authorship.
1) The author of Daniel gets the history completely wrong; 2) he gets facts wrong that Daniel as a high ranking officer would have known; 3) we have Greek, Persian and Babylonian records that show Darius the Mede could not have existed; 4) we have the irrational and strained recalculation of the mathematics to get the failed 70 years of Jeremiah to point to someone considered a messiah (Onias III); and 5) the "prophecies" that are accurate to 167 BC, but fail after that date.

They are 5 reasons to believe a late authorship. There is no reason to believe Daniel was written around the time of Cyrus the Great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality