Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 07:58 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,053,304 times

Advertisements

G-d never leaves ANYONE out in the cold. He saves such as of are a broken heart and a contrite (repentant) spirit. He meets us when we're down in the valley, not when we're on the mountaintops. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 08:19 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,329,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
G-d never leaves ANYONE out in the cold. He saves such as of are a broken heart and a contrite (repentant) spirit. He meets us when we're down in the valley, not when we're on the mountaintops. Peace
I posted not long ago about that ...

I really did try this approach in all sincerity.

And, as I said in my post ... NOTHING happened. Not even the slightest tingle.

Obviously I didn't expect a puff of smoke and a genie-god to appear ready to grant my every wish.

BUT ...

Mere days after I had this little "chat" with God, three major things occurred in my life, ALL of them lousy (which is why I wasn't on this forum from the 1st week of July until just a few days ago).

I don't expect instant miracles -- but I don't expect to be kicked when I'm down, either, and that's what happened.

Which made me realize that I was right all along with atheism. There's simply no one up there who cares.

Period.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
I posted not long ago about that ...

I really did try this approach in all sincerity.

And, as I said in my post ... NOTHING happened. Not even the slightest tingle.

Obviously I didn't expect a puff of smoke and a genie-god to appear ready to grant my every wish.

BUT ...

Mere days after I had this little "chat" with God, three major things occurred in my life, ALL of them lousy (which is why I wasn't on this forum from the 1st week of July until just a few days ago).

I don't expect instant miracles -- but I don't expect to be kicked when I'm down, either, and that's what happened.

Which made me realize that I was right all along with atheism. There's simply no one up there who cares.

Period.

Yes there is. He heard your cry. Believe it or not, the 3 lousy things that happened verified it, sort of in "reverse", because the wheat and the tares are always raised up together. It always gets darkest right before the dawn. Hang in there, morning's coming. Peace

Old 08-24-2017, 09:45 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,334,303 times
Quote:
Yes there is. He heard your cry. Believe it or not, the 3 lousy things that happened verified it, sort of in "reverse", because the wheat and the tares are always raised up together. It always gets darkest right before the dawn. Hang in there, morning's coming. Peace
Great news for the babies dying of starvation. So if good things happen it's proof God loves you but if bad things happen it's proof he loves you?

I truly do understand people believing in a God, even the Judea Christian God but have a terrible time understanding how they can force everything that happens or doesn't happen and everything that's in the universe as a proof for that God.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Great news for the babies dying of starvation. So if good things happen it's proof God loves you but if bad things happen it's proof he loves you?

I truly do understand people believing in a God, even the Judea Christian God but have a terrible time understanding how they can force everything that happens or doesn't happen and everything that's in the universe as a proof for that God.

Why blame G-d for that? Is He supposed to come down and take care of our offspring for us, or is that our responsibility?

It's easy, He created it, He created the rules of operation. You know Him, you learn the rules, because He teaches you. Peace

Old 08-24-2017, 11:39 PM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes, the Holy Spirit of Agape love.
Yes, Every time we evoke agape love within our consciousness we add to our "spiritual body" making it more mature and more ready for our rebirth as Spirit upon our death.
Quote:
Which is really odd that Jesus took the time and went to all the trouble to come here in shoe leather, just to tell us we must be born again, when heck, He could have just waited to tell us that once we were spirit, ie. dead, when it REALLY mattered. Peace
Why is it odd? God's consciousness (Agape love) had to reside in a HUMAN consciousness so ALL human consciousness would be connected to God. That means Jesus HAD to be born as a human and achieve perfect resonance (Identity) with God's consciousness. All those before Jesus were born again as Spirit upon their deaths but were separate from God and would have remained so if not for Jesus. His death and rebirth as Spirit ensured that each of us would have the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts."

Old 08-25-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Why blame G-d for that? Is He supposed to come down and take care of our offspring for us, or is that our responsibility?

It's easy, He created it, He created the rules of operation. You know Him, you learn the rules, because He teaches you. Peace
Yes drought comes blame the parents. War hits a region blame the parents. Something good happens give God credit. So the rules are do not get born in a very poor country. If you are born in a very rich country you will be blessed.

That is the part I don't get, all good things are credited to your God but you place zero responsibility for anything that is not goodupon him. I guess with that mindset it is easy to accept any terrible thing in the Bible aND to justify it. Makes no sense.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Yes drought comes blame the parents. War hits a region blame the parents. Something good happens give God credit. So the rules are do not get born in a very poor country. If you are born in a very rich country you will be blessed.

That is the part I don't get, all good things are credited to your God but you place zero responsibility for anything that is not goodupon him. I guess with that mindset it is easy to accept any terrible thing in the Bible aND to justify it. Makes no sense.

Does G-d cause drought, or has man messed with the ecosystem so much through greed and avarice, that weather patterns all over the world have been changed? Does G-d cause wars, or has man with his greed and avarice for petro dollars and gold?

Sin is of man, not of G-d, and sin is what has caused all the problems from the beginning of time. Period. Peace

Old 08-25-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Does G-d cause drought, or has man messed with the ecosystem so much through greed and avarice, that weather patterns all over the world have been changed? Does G-d cause wars, or has man with his greed and avarice for petro dollars and gold?

Sin is of man, not of G-d, and sin is what has caused all the problems from the beginning of time. Period. Peace
Well droughts are a part of the global system. Droughts might be made worse or more often by man's messing it up. But most of our input is from the rich countries so blaming the parents that live in the poor countries seems to me very unjust. Before petroleum wars there were religious wars.

But keep it up. I love seeing how the very devout twist everything so that God is absolutely blameless but also gets all the credit. In some religions God is not perfect but in your's he is and therefore everything possible must be twisted and forced to demos rate that he is perfect and man is pretty much a piece of garbage.

So sin is the cause of all droughts, floods, hurricanes, volcanoes and earthquakes? And God helps people find their car keys? I thought God loved everyone so what lesson is he teaching the greedy and the polluters by having children somewhere else starving to death?

Old 08-25-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Well droughts are a part of the global system. Droughts might be made worse or more often by man's messing it up. But most of our input is from the rich countries so blaming the parents that live in the poor countries seems to me very unjust. Before petroleum wars there were religious wars.

But keep it up. I love seeing how the very devout twist everything so that God is absolutely blameless but also gets all the credit. In some religions God is not perfect but in your's he is and therefore everything possible must be twisted and forced to demos rate that he is perfect and man is pretty much a piece of garbage.

So sin is the cause of all droughts, floods, hurricanes, volcanoes and earthquakes? And God helps people find their car keys? I thought God loved everyone so what lesson is he teaching the greedy and the polluters by having children somewhere else starving to death?

Did I say G-d causes any of it? He does not. Some of it man causes though sin, some of it is simply a natural part of the creation that He set up, reacting naturally. Why unbelievers want to blame G-d is a mystery to me. If you don't believe in Him, why shake your fist at something that doesn't exist? Need a hobby, or what? Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality