Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 07:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,213,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej2b21 View Post
Hi. I'm a pediatric critical care Dr and I've struggled with this concept quite a bit. So I prayed to God to see the truth in all and the answer is in our hearts. You are all right. You know cause you feel it in your hearts. Our Lord God the creator would never do something like this. But through the years there have been many gods that have claimed to be the one true god(little g). Just as humans have an ego so do they. They had mixed with us. Created their own lines. It's not only in the Christian bible but other holy texts. That led to inborn errors in our genes. Horrible mutations that lead to suffering. God did not create that. Even us as humans want the power to control DNA. So we are trying to clone things. We want to create and have the power of the creator. We create vaccines to protect us from illness because we feel we can control our future. Did you know part of the MMR vaccine is grown in human embryos(fertilized egg...life) then we harvest the live virus and inject it into our children. We've created viruses and bacteria that never existed before. Because our own human ego to want to have the power to control. Did you know we have created an enzyme to cut into DNA called luciferase? You can't make this up. Evil is true and real but we never talk about it. Evil is good at deception and distraction. believing in God means also accepting the devil is here on earth and is real. feeding us with partial truths. Feeding our egos. Turning us away from God with deception and distraction. You are all right. Our God would never do this. So then. ..who would? Lucifer. God gave us free will. Evil prays on that fact. Over the years history has been hidden and destroyed. How can we tell whats right? The truth and knowing right from from is in our hearts. the devil makes us think God did this to us but it was not God the creator. Its unconscionable evil that has led us to where we are now. Look it up. Unconscionable evil is well known to people of power. Its in our law books. It's against the law. Logically that means it truly does exist. If the evil can get at adom and eve we too are at risk of feeling it's wrath.

Congratulations. I rarely use the emoticon. I save it for the worst of the worst. This post eared three.

Wait. Here's another one: .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 07:27 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,213,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Please let me know where you practice, so that I can have my friends and family avoid your hospital. I'd prefer they be treated by someone who believes in science.
If I knew a physician, which I don't believe for a minute that poster is, who was that uninformed and held those beliefs was treating a member of my family....I'd tell him to get the heck away from us.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 02-28-2015 at 07:49 PM..

Old 02-28-2015, 07:43 PM

339 posts, read 334,815 times
I find it very difficult to believe that an MD would not know even the basics of Stem Cell technology; vaccinations, or even the mechanics of human evolution. Your post is filled with inaccuracies and downright falsehoods on all those subjects.

In fact, I find it impossible to believe a physician could be so deluded and posses such a meager grasp of virology and microbiology.

So...insofar as you really being a doc: Am I calling you a liar?

Hmm...what's that old line about, "if the shoe fits......?"

Wow.

Just, Wow.

But hey, I will give you a chance to prove me wrong. I only minored in Biology in college, but will be glad to debate the science of your OP with you. So..ya wanna go? Let's start with you read this, which disproves your statement regarding the harvesting of stem cells.......

https://www.cirm.ca.gov/our-progress...-cell-research

Next...we can move on to Virology..and how you say we "create" vaccines. LOL ( Are you not even aware of what inert substance comprises the efficacy of a vaccine?)

I'll be waiting........

Last edited by Der Vogel; 02-28-2015 at 07:53 PM..

Old 02-28-2015, 08:03 PM

1,553 posts, read 926,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Is it me or is it especially astounding to hear from those who recovered from serious illnesses or accidents repeatedly say they were fortunate because God was responsible somehow? How about all the men, women and children who die horrible painful deaths under the same watch? Are we supposed to say they had it coming, or they're part of a bigger plan? Who exactly would sign up for that? Sorry but to hear it consistently which is something I hear a lot of lately is difficult to pass up commenting on. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense if one rationalizes a bit...

They can't help themselves, kyle. They've been programmed to think that way. Many are nothing more than zombies at this point.

Their feel-good nonsense does nothing to change the bottom line ...

There are still no compelling reasons to believe that a god exists...

Old 02-28-2015, 08:28 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,216,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej2b21 View Post
Hi. I'm a pediatric critical care Dr and I've struggled with this concept quite a bit. So I prayed to God to see the truth in all and the answer is in our hearts. You are all right. You know cause you feel it in your hearts. Our Lord God the creator would never do something like this. But through the years there have been many gods that have claimed to be the one true god(little g). Just as humans have an ego so do they. They had mixed with us. Created their own lines. It's not only in the Christian bible but other holy texts. That led to inborn errors in our genes. Horrible mutations that lead to suffering. God did not create that. Even us as humans want the power to control DNA. So we are trying to clone things. We want to create and have the power of the creator. We create vaccines to protect us from illness because we feel we can control our future. Did you know part of the MMR vaccine is grown in human embryos(fertilized egg...life) then we harvest the live virus and inject it into our children. We've created viruses and bacteria that never existed before. Because our own human ego to want to have the power to control. Did you know we have created an enzyme to cut into DNA called luciferase? You can't make this up. Evil is true and real but we never talk about it. Evil is good at deception and distraction. believing in God means also accepting the devil is here on earth and is real. feeding us with partial truths. Feeding our egos. Turning us away from God with deception and distraction. You are all right. Our God would never do this. So then. ..who would? Lucifer. God gave us free will. Evil prays on that fact. Over the years history has been hidden and destroyed. How can we tell whats right? The truth and knowing right from from is in our hearts. the devil makes us think God did this to us but it was not God the creator. Its unconscionable evil that has led us to where we are now. Look it up. Unconscionable evil is well known to people of power. Its in our law books. It's against the law. Logically that means it truly does exist. If the evil can get at adom and eve we too are at risk of feeling it's wrath.
How much postage did your medical degree cost?

Old 02-28-2015, 08:47 PM

18,505 posts, read 9,181,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
They can't help themselves, kyle. They've been programmed to think that way. Many are nothing more than zombies at this point.
There's a hypothesis that religion acts very much like a computer virus. It's essentially a set of malicious ideas that exploit human emotional vulnerabilities and tell their hosts to spread said ideas to as many other brains as possible.

Unfortunately, there's no anti-virus software for the human brain.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:14 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,216,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
There's a hypothesis that religion acts very much like a computer virus. It's essentially a set of malicious ideas that exploit human emotional vulnerabilities and tell their hosts to spread said ideas to as many other brains as possible.

Unfortunately, there's no anti-virus software for the human brain.
Well, there is: education and common sense.

Just can't force-feed either one to some folks - let alone both.

But we can keep plugging away, doing our bit to shine a light on the dark forces of ignorance.

Even if it's to talk about true things on a message board in a wee corner of the vast, ever-expanding InterWebVerse.

Old 03-01-2015, 03:13 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,226,903 times
Can't you just picture Dr ej2b21 in the ER, with his Bible, fighting the devil,holding an exorcism over a baby?
And how many doctors of medicine with any understanding of the human body would declare that "You know cause you feel it in your hearts."?
If he is a real doctor, guess we should be thankful he didn't say he's a cardiologist.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:04 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,216,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Well, there is: education and common sense.

Just can't force-feed either one to some folks - let alone both.

But we can keep plugging away, doing our bit to shine a light on the dark forces of ignorance.

Even if it's to talk about true things on a message board in a wee corner of the vast, ever-expanding InterWebVerse.
This is true. I would add that it needs to also be mindful of ego namely for the most devout, fortunately or unfortunately.

Quite honestly, we're talking about an institutionalized brainwashing of people for many, many centuries. Redacting all of the falsely-linked daily/weekly routines, anecdotes, social structures, and coupled with the idea that respected elders who also believed, etc. would be akin to taking the red pill in the Matrix. Only worse...because it isn't some machine "that did this to you"...its the very people you love & commune with who were equally infected.

Its providing one data point at a time, imho. Whether thats something they missed because they didn't get formal education, or never spent much time on philosophy (which I think should be more stressed in middle/high school than it is), or have been simply working too hard for so long that they just haven't the time for such "silly" concepts. Eventually, with enough small data points and enough debunking of superstition, they can get it.

But I find the blow to the ego tends to be the most unacceptable part for people, which is perceived as an attack on the self, and thus brings out the survival coping responses. I speculate its similar to domestic abuse syndrome where religion is their batterer who has already broken down their ego and infiltrated it. And anything else which attacks the ego will be fought without rationality because only my religion may strike me at my ego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality