Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 01:57 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,213,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I get what you're saying. But do you believe that an omnipotent and omniscient God has the right to save whom he wants to? Why must he do things according to how you would prefer he do it?
He most certainly could intervene or not if those were his only 2 (key) attributes. But that would necessitate him to be indifferent or apathetic (or possibly moody), which eliminates all-loving or all-caring as a 3rd key attribute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 01:58 PM

157 posts, read 101,641 times
Quote:
I get what you're saying. But do you believe that an omnipotent and omniscient God has the right to save whom he wants to? Why must he do things according to how you would prefer he do it?
Vizio has his point. The OT offers two points:

"envy not the evildoers, for they know not their posterities are for swords."
"none considered the righteous were taken away for the evils to come."

Do you love OT now?

Old 02-27-2015, 02:03 PM

23,170 posts, read 26,182,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Is it me or is it especially astounding to hear from those who recovered from serious illnesses or accidents repeatedly say they were fortunate because God was responsible somehow? How about all the men, women and children who die horrible painful deaths under the same watch? Are we supposed to say they had it coming, or they're part of a bigger plan? Who exactly would sign up for that? Sorry but to hear it consistently which is something I hear a lot of lately is difficult to pass up commenting on. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense if one rationalizes a bit...
Yeah. It's especially because they never blame him for making them ill or causing an accident in the first place.
Always the credit, never the blame. It's pretty good gig.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Yeah. It's especially because they never blame him for making them ill or causing an accident in the first place.
Always the credit, never the blame. It's pretty good gig.
You still have not the idea of the owner of everything means.

The owner of an house decorates however he sees fit. Or he could order a house himself or through a henry, right?

Old 02-27-2015, 02:21 PM

And sometimes the children turn the house upside down. But it is life.

But it is better than sitting down in meditating pose throughout eternity in my opinon.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:22 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepymewo View Post
You still have not the idea of the owner of everything means.

The owner of an house decorates however he sees fit. Or he could order a house himself or through a henry, right?
Ya, whats wrong with you people. If you own a pet you can do what ever you want.
You could sit back and watch it die a painful death from some disease or take it to a vet to be cured, But its your pet so its ok to let it suffer.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:22 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
He most certainly could intervene or not if those were his only 2 (key) attributes. But that would necessitate him to be indifferent or apathetic (or possibly moody), which eliminates all-loving or all-caring as a 3rd key attribute.
The Bible doesn't call him "all-loving". Why would you think that he loves everyone? The Bible specifically states that he hates some.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:23 PM

23,170 posts, read 26,182,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepymewo View Post

But it is better than sitting down in meditating pose throughout eternity in my opinon.

What? I thought that was heaven?

Old 02-27-2015, 02:47 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,213,673 times
Quote:
The Bible doesn't call him "all-loving". Why would you think that he loves everyone? The Bible specifically states that he hates some.
Well, there are many verses inferring that god loves (figuratively you the reader), or offers redemption for all (thereby potentially loving all), and we hear this meme perpetuated by both pastors and followers throughout Christian denominations as proof of his "goodness". I'd say there are a multitude of justifiable reasons for holding this viewpoint of the bible-god, because the followers of the bible-god proclaim it. But if your position is that the bible-god is not an all-loving entity, then you'll get no argument from me.

But that only leads to yet another reason for skepticism of such an entity's agenda...and make it clear that one should not accept servitude to any being, creator not. And thats only if one can even apply enough credibility to its existence in the first place (which is no small order).

Old 02-27-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
Ya, whats wrong with you people. If you own a pet you can do what ever you want.
You could sit back and watch it die a painful death from some disease or take it to a vet to be cured, But its your pet so its ok to let it suffer.
Okay, I get your point. The Bible reveals some ideas of the house master, and a lot of them speak stricy and severities. And his servants interceds and dress the vineyards that were supposed be consumed.

But when his beggoton son came "he immediately take out his hand and says why do you doubt?"
the people asked "show us the father, for it suffies us."
the son replied "you see me sees the father." "I do what my father doth."

I will sort these out for you. Back in the long ago, there were the people that were so worse that you don't see today. Some values back in those days are like kicking your pets were okay. And all children to kick the sick dying pet. Then you hang the cat body on a tree so it is the chinese tradition.

But there revealed the son in the NT telling us his father treats him differently. The son was deemed mad at that time and died the horrible death. But today the world bending towards his son's likeness, leaving the Chinese still kicking their pets around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality