Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 03:55 PM

16,663 posts, read 15,654,903 times

Advertisements

Merged two threads together. We don't need two threads about the same topic.

Old 12-27-2018, 03:59 PM

14 posts, read 33,164 times
Yeah Masterpath is supposedly the cutting edge of spirituality paths...true light and sound teachings...blah blah.. Yea its def a cult. Thank God i got out but my family and friends are duped by the Charlatan, Sri Gary Olsen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2018, 04:00 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzyma View Post
I know he had a very troubled relationship with his father. His dad was not there in his life, and was very emotionally abusive. I really feel that my friend identifies with the male power figure as an ideal of a 'father' figure. I have no idea how to help guide him back into the real world. I am exhausted. I am experiencing the emotional pain. He is being nice today.... but I know that can change at any moment. I so much want to reach him but am afraid he is too far gone. I think with alcoholics or drug addicts there is so much help, but for the 'cult' effected, there seems to be nothing. His immediate family is not an answer for an intervention.... but us.. outside of the Masterpath, we see the distruction, and want to help. It is just so exhausting!!

We adore/love him, but we are all in our late 40's and confused as to how much we really are able or capable of doing.
I really have a tough time accepting parents that turn dangerous people lose on the rest of us. The child shouldn't be held responsible, but neither should we. as a parent I find it reprehensible that it was done and that its allowed to continue to reek havoc on people around him. His father took part of your life too.

I admire your strength.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:06 PM

Gary Olsens Master Cult is very destructive and abusive on every level. I am blessed to have left. I know too much!!$$$$

Old 12-28-2018, 09:18 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
I heard that 2 acquaintances were very into "Sri" Gary O...and they were convinced he was the True Master..That's all I know...I believe he was in NM or Arizona?

I almost bought a used hard cover for $8 to just read up on the guy...but didn't.
I wonder what the draw is...his words or his darshan/presence?
Cuz they are 'getting' something from him...anybody can say spiritually high words....so what is it?

Unless, the friend in the 2014 OP is hurting someone...I say let him be happy.

Could you, Alwayswondering, tell us what the 'pull' is that G.O. has?

Old 12-28-2018, 09:32 AM

Gary promises certain benefits for life after death, he says he "humbly" offers thr highest teaching on the planet. I was almost born into this cult, my Mom and her husband have been with Gary Olsen since the beginning of Masterpath. I have to admit i was brainwashed for 12 years untill i found out about Garys extensive plagiarism, check out " The Master Plagerist" and "The Master Apologist" by Dr. David Christopher Lane. Garys teacher Sri Darwin Gross has also plagiarized his works and so has his teacher Paul Twitchell founder of Eckancar. Gary capitalizes on what God gave each one us for free. He knows a little so he becomes corrupt. Absolute power corrupts absolutely? My mission now is to save my friends and family from this deception. God help me.

Old 12-28-2018, 09:40 AM

Not only plagiarism but Gary has a million dollar olive grove compound with a berm wall Donald Trump would be proud of, in Morongo Valley C.A. Off mecca rd. Check out the satellite view, sticks out like a sore thumb. So this is where devoted students money is going? And Gary says these donations are Gods money not his. "Money is the root of all evil" then why are religions and certain paths tax excempt and "non profit" when Garys making a killion just in stocks every year? Maybe another mil in donations? Check out the 990 forms for Masterpath. They quit filing after 2005 when recognized as a church.
Not to mention how a student of 15 years murdered another fellow Masterpath student in Rio Rancho NM, right after being in Garys holy presence, Valentines day 2009

Old 12-28-2018, 06:10 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzyma View Post
I have a dear friend who has been in Masterpath for 16 years now. In the past year, I have watched his mind deteriorate into a drone like existance. He is glassy eyed and spooky when discussing anything Masterpath. He says a lot, "I can not discuss that, I have told you too much." in the middle of saying anything about it.

He just came back from a seminar and he said to me, "I know Gary is the true Master, he is the living Master, God." I was FLOORED.

My friend is a very bright, talented person.... but he lives out of his car and has no future goals. He can not hold a job, and is sparadic in thought. He used to laugh and have fun, but lately, he'll sit in his car and read for HOURS the masterpath material. He used to read for about 30-40 minutes each morning, now it's anywhere from 2-4 hours, then he will again in late afternoon and again in the evenings.

He is VERY defensive and very vocal and emotionally abusive when asked questions about Masterpath, and it has evolved to all aspects of our friendship. I am sad, and must end the friendship (he just SCREAMED at me in a public place, and made no apologies for it,but blamed me for asking a simple question, and said I was not worthy of an answer !!!)

My friends and I want to help him, we miss our friend- what can/should we do? Anything? Anyone have insight for me? I have been reading about Masterpath to help bring insight, and I am just in shock at what I am reading. I wish I could grab Gary Olsen around his leather tan neck and shack him. His voice when I hear him talk is incredibly annoying (nasaly) and I can not believe anyone, much less my friend, would believe this guy is a 'living master' and compares himself to Jesus. [/mod]Inappropriate language [/mod]

Ugh, I am so frustrated.
Did you mean Shake him or Shank him?...

Old 12-28-2018, 06:18 PM

Masterpath Gary Olsen:

1. Olsen appointed himself the Living Master and offers nothing to validate such a claim

2. MasterPath is operating as a tax-exempt organization under 501(c)(3)

3. Olsen was a former Eckist, who left that movement to form MasterPath, which coincidentally bears quite a resemblance to Eckankar

4. Olsen has been accused of, and later admitted to, plagiarism

5. Olsen is elusive and generally unavailable....that is unless you pay money to go to a seminar, then pay more money to actually 'meet' him

6. Olsen caused quite a stir among his following with a Bird Flu 'satsang' that had people selling houses, stocking up on guns, ammo, and food, etc.

7. It's been said that when one chooses to 'leave the Path', that Olsen becomes a doomsayer and threatens bad karma and failure will catch up with you as a result

8. It is a 'Fight Club' mentality, in other words "the first rule of MasterPath is...nobody talks about MasterPath" and they have secretive little recruiting networks operating all over the place to get more people to join up @ $40/month. - https://www.scam.com/showthread.php?...and-Gary-Olsen

Old 12-28-2018, 06:21 PM

Re: MasterPath and Gary Olsen
It's unfortunate that a couple of CityData moderators saw the need to shut down a Masterpath thread that was 2yrs running and full of good information, and they did it with zero explanation.

Being that MP is a scam, it's great to have found this forum to share information.

It's very much like a religious pyramid scheme...except that the Olsens are the ones getting all the money while their devotees pay monthly dues and try to recruit new 'seekers'.

Pretty good money being made according to this info from 2005...tax-free, of course:

https://www.scam.com/showthread.php?...and-Gary-Olsen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality