Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 08:03 PM

33,597 posts, read 37,240,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
I believe the primary cause of hate is self-preservation. People are lazy...hating is easy.
I don't know, but if hate is the opposite of love then I have never felt hate.
Dislike is the closest I have come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 08:19 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,027,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well as long as you'll keep it in the closet it'll be .

Old 09-17-2011, 05:28 AM

9,700 posts, read 10,064,678 times
There is no hatred that comes from the authorship of the faith from Jesus Christ thought out the Bible and Christianity....... If hatred is taught and people act on then this is not from the Holy Spirit of Jesus but a dark religious spirit of strife and contention who are not of Jesus and His authority...... This spirit behind the veil into the spirit is a white serpent of a devil, who is clean and white of the outside but is evil and divisive on the heart of this beast...... See Jesus told his children and followers to lover their neighbors as them selves ... and he said that their neighbors are every body in the entire world.....and the understanding is that His followers hate one one or be judged for unforgiveness , but they can hate the dark spirits in the spirit realm who manipulate evil in men and animals , because there is No mercy from Heaven for this spiritual dark spirits.....

Old 09-17-2011, 07:22 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,560,860 times
Hate is a very strong emotion and seems to be a "contagious" one too.

Seems it is much easier to talk some people into "hating" than in "loving".

Many times some people end up loving and following the hater..and the snowball grows as it picks up speed on its downward journey.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:33 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,582,574 times
There is no justification for hatred. It harms the hater more than the rest, and harms us all.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:51 AM

8,002 posts, read 12,308,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The opposite of love is not hatred. It's apathy.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:30 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,329,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
There is no justification for hatred. It harms the hater more than the rest, and harms us all.
You're right...it does harm the hater,.... as well as the ones that hate is directed at.....but in the mind of the hater there may be justification....I can not imagine hating without it!

Old 09-17-2011, 01:35 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,329,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
The opposite of love is not hatred. It's apathy.
You can be apathetic to ones plight...yet not hate.....you can be apathetic, and yet still feel love.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:42 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,216,786 times

Hate is Good! - YouTube

Old 09-17-2011, 05:13 PM

33,597 posts, read 37,240,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Yes, we know that Christians think hate is good, but I guess I must be a heretic, because I see nothing good in hatred.

The original meaning of the word heresy from the Greek means choice.
Today it is used by the religious to describe anything that conflicts with their religious dogma....

In Christian history thousands were executed for the crime of heresy. Rather than hate heresy it would make more sense to me to hate those that think hate is a good thing...Man, that video brings back bad memories, and makes me thankful that I broke away from such dark age nonsense.

"During many ages there were witches. The Bible said so. The Bible commanded that they should not be allowed to live. Therefore the Church, after doing its duty in but a lazy and indolent way for 800 years, gathered up its halters, thumbscrews, and firebrands, and set about its holy work in earnest. She worked hard at it night and day during nine centuries and imprisoned, tortured, hanged, and burned whole hordes and armies of witches, and washed the Christian world clean with their foul blood. Then it was discovered that there was no such thing as witches, and never had been. One does not know whether to laugh or to cry."
Mark Twain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality