Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2016, 10:37 PM

1,810 posts, read 3,195,683 times

Advertisements

Not thrilled with the signing. RGIII is a bust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 12:30 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,401,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
Not thrilled with the signing. RGIII is a bust.
Exactly. He was only good during his rookie season. Manziel is a bust too as well as Brandon Weeden.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:26 AM

14,333 posts, read 14,643,316 times
I still think in the right situation RGIII could have been a good QB. He needed strong coaching, not wishy washy and he didn't get it. He never should have been playing on the injured knee he had, he really was an accident waiting for a place to happen.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:49 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,022,940 times
It's a good signing for both parties. It's a short term and low cost option for the Browns and it gives RGIII a chance to revive his career. I guess Hue Jackson was really impressed. Let's not forget Jackson coaxed a dumpster fire of a Raiders team to an 8-8 finish back in 2011. I think he was a brilliant hire for the Browns and this signing has a low risk high reward element to it. Plus it doesn't stop the Browns from still drafting the QB they like, if that was indeed their plan. The Browns are going to be far better than a 3-13 team in 2016.

Old 03-27-2016, 10:29 AM

17,616 posts, read 15,327,179 times
Funny satirical 'news' story.

RGIII Tears ACL Walking Into Browns Facility For First Time | Daily Snark

Old 03-28-2016, 06:05 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,220,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

That would totally be our luck!

Old 03-29-2016, 01:54 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,483,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I still think in the right situation RGIII could have been a good QB. He needed strong coaching, not wishy washy and he didn't get it. He never should have been playing on the injured knee he had, he really was an accident waiting for a place to happen.
Griffin should have not played the rest of the 2012 season, but that would have surely gotten Mike Shanahan fired. It wasn't Shanny's decision to start Griffin, he had too much pressure from up on high, and of course, pressure from Griffin's dad.

But that doesn't excuse the fact that Griffin can't read defenses, takes unnecessary sacks because he holds onto the ball too long.

That said, I am rooting for Griffin to succeed in Cleveland. I will try my best to tune in and watch as many games as I can. I'm a Kirk Cousins fan through and through, but I am sad it didn't work out for Griffin in Washington.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:47 PM

17,616 posts, read 15,327,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Griffin should have not played the rest of the 2012 season, but that would have surely gotten Mike Shanahan fired. It wasn't Shanny's decision to start Griffin, he had too much pressure from up on high, and of course, pressure from Griffin's dad.

But that doesn't excuse the fact that Griffin can't read defenses, takes unnecessary sacks because he holds onto the ball too long.

That said, I am rooting for Griffin to succeed in Cleveland. I will try my best to tune in and watch as many games as I can. I'm a Kirk Cousins fan through and through, but I am sad it didn't work out for Griffin in Washington.
And he's a fumble machine.

I don't really fault him being put back in after the Ravens(?) game in 2012.. But he should never have gone back in during the playoff loss to Seattle after that initial injury in that game.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:33 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,483,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
And he's a fumble machine.

I don't really fault him being put back in after the Ravens(?) game in 2012.. But he should never have gone back in during the playoff loss to Seattle after that initial injury in that game.
Agreed. All of that is water under the bridge now. And again, none of that has any bearing on the kid not being able to read defenses like he should, but I do hope he suceeds in Cleveland. Both for the Browns franchise and as well as him. When I was growing up, if I had to have an AFC team to root for, it was the Browns, because I loved Bernie Kosar, Kevin Mack, and Webster Slaughter. To me, I always viewed the Browns as the underdogs that you want to see go all the way. So, if RGIII is able to find success in Cleveland and lead the team back into the playoffs, I will not be jealous but happy for the team and Griffin.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:43 AM

16,315 posts, read 10,450,389 times
As I have said before I root for the Browns. Their fanbase is excellent and they have been dumped on for generations. As a Redskins fan and one of the last Griff supporters I have to agree, this won't work. But what options did the Browns have other than hoping they get lucky with the QB they pick at #2? God knows they're due.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football