Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2008, 03:18 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times

Advertisements

Thanks! It's usually not until about the second or third game of the regular season when I stop wondering "Who are these guys?" LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 02:04 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
If I were a Browns fan I wouldn't be all that worried, pre-season is the time to iron out all the kinks anyway. And why so many Browns fans down on Anderson? The guy had a great year last year, he deserves the job until he shows he can't win and so far he's won in Cleveland. There's to much of a rush to start the young guys that haven't proven anything yet in the NFL it seems, if it's their time then it's great, but I hate seeing good players rushed out just because of some young guy with a big contract waiting in the wings.
this is why I try not to take pre season too seriously....easier said than done though.....

Fingers crossed for an awesome season......

Old 08-25-2008, 07:15 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,054,484 times
Should I take the same advice?? My Redskins got BLOWN OUT 47-3!!!! Make me feel better Browns fans!! Please....

Old 08-26-2008, 02:23 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,247,746 times
The Redskins are better than that. Sometimes in games everything just goes wrong. Happened to us against the Giants. We're better than what we've shown so far. When we take the field against Dallas all of our starters will be on the field at the same time, which hasn't happened yet.

I think the 'Skins are capable of a playoff spot, but you're in the toughest division in football. I'm glad my team doesn't have to play the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys twice. Once is enough.

Don't let the pre-season get you down too much, everybodys just working out the kinks.

Doug

Old 08-26-2008, 07:37 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
all I have to say is Brady Quinn better get on that field and do some work! With Anderson not cleared for practice yet.......he needs to step up and take advantage.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:55 AM

Time for the Showdown. The Evil Empire will make their annual appearance in the Greatest Location In The Nation tonight.

They and their sad sad frontrunning bandwagon delusional fans will be sent home sobbing in their Urine colored crying towels.

Let's Go Browns!

Doug

Old 09-14-2008, 06:49 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Thanks! It's usually not until about the second or third game of the regular season when I stop wondering "Who are these guys?" LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furnier View Post
Time for the Showdown. The Evil Empire will make their annual appearance in the Greatest Location In The Nation tonight.

They and their sad sad frontrunning bandwagon delusional fans will be sent home sobbing in their Urine colored crying towels.

Let's Go Browns!

Doug
Just make sure you both head over to the STEELER Thread after the game. There is a bet we set up months ago and X-Greensboro Resident is officiating! Get ready to give me REP points and eat crow.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:23 PM

O.K. tough game. Typical of this rivalry over the past several years. Squeelers got some calls they didn't deserve, but the mistakes WE made really cost us the game. The weather affected both teams to a degree.

Field Goal before the half was the way to go, but we used the clock terribly. DA should be smart enough not to throw that pass. Made me holler for BQ for the first time.

I truly believe these two teams are VERY close to even. We're in a hole but there are 14 games left. A long way to go. Lots of things can happen. Ben is hurting, that is obvious. Without him Pittsburgh is done. Can he hold out all year? We'll see.

Props to Pittsburgh for the win. It was hard faught. I guarantee lots of guys on both sides are in the sauna tonight.

Lots more football to go. We'll see you in Pittsburgh.

Doug

Old 09-14-2008, 09:27 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furnier View Post

Let's Go Browns!

Doug
What were you saying????? Saunter on over to the Steelers thread because we had a bet!

Old 09-15-2008, 10:46 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Furnier, I didn't watch the whole game (stupid in-laws have no respect. And you can bet they'd scream bloody murder if I called them repeatedly tonight during the Eagles-Cowboys game ... maybe I should try it ... *evil grin*) but it seemed every time I did watch more than 10 seconds at a time, the Browns' defense was committing some silly and completely avoidable error. Argh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football