Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2024, 05:18 PM

19,794 posts, read 10,233,221 times

Advertisements

How can anyone watch the 4-5 hours of pregame before the Superbowl? I turn it on a couple minutes before the game starts. Probably watch without volume and listen to Chiefs radio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2024, 07:32 PM

1,114 posts, read 658,726 times
It's the best 2 teams playing. What's wrong w/ that? There is zero doubt that these are the best teams, look at their records and look at the quality of play?

This whole FOX news stuff about it being a political thing is insane, but then, that's their viewers. Totally bonkers people who see conspiracies everywhere. Except there aren't any conspiracies. Wake up people. It's a football game, and both teams played some seriously good football all year long to get in the Super Bowl. If you don't like the match up don't watch the game.

I wonder about people these days. Lots of childish whining 24/7, Wow.

Old 02-01-2024, 01:52 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,608,787 times
Eh, people have every right to complain if they like. There's nothing offensive about these complaints that I can see. It's called a difference of opinion. It's amazing to me how many people here are offended by people with a different point of view whether it be this or comments about a team they cheer for (talk about sensitive). How are the people complaining about them any different? Obviously the easiest solution is not to watch the game.

Old 02-01-2024, 02:55 AM

14,774 posts, read 14,767,324 times
This is the Super Bowl every year. The Chiefs were a feel-good story the first year they won it, same with the Rams and the Saints. The rest of the time, forget it. Remember when the NFC won it like 15 years straight? Most people, if they’re not a fan of either team, just watch it for the spectacle and not the actual game itself.

Old 02-01-2024, 04:45 AM

4,984 posts, read 2,754,611 times
my Ravens let me down....again....

I no longer refer to the Chiefs as the Chiefs...they are now 'TAYLOR'S TEAM'...may the best team win..

Old 02-01-2024, 04:58 AM

4,369 posts, read 2,277,171 times
Travis must be under a lot of pressure to perform & win.

Would Taylor want to stay with a loser?

Keep the camera on her - Swifties will be watching!

Old 02-01-2024, 06:52 AM

14,337 posts, read 14,693,999 times
Sure people can complain, and a site that posts questions/comments it's expected. When I saw the title, I thought right away why watch if you feel that way, easy solution.

If complaining is o.k., so is what some call my "toxic positivity", refusing to take negative outlooks ahead of time on something sports/entertainment related!

Old 02-01-2024, 07:01 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,608,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Sure people can complain, and a site that posts questions/comments it's expected. When I saw the title, I thought right away why watch if you feel that way, easy solution.

If complaining is o.k., so is what some call my "toxic positivity", refusing to take negative outlooks ahead of time on something sports/entertainment related!
And no one said it wasn't unlike the comments directed at the OP

Old 02-01-2024, 07:03 AM

9,720 posts, read 9,986,138 times
The entire City-Data forum is basically people complaining...finding ways to vent.

There is only one poster that brought politics into this thread. (Fox viewers or whatever). Most people are just having fun with this Taylor story, yet there is always someone offended.

Old 02-01-2024, 07:04 AM

4,121 posts, read 2,456,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
She has asked CBS to quit putting her on camera and they do it anyway. She was only on camera for 44 seconds during the last game.
So it irritates some people that she is there? What about Kelce's mother and Mahomes wife? They have been showing them on camera for a couple years. 44 seconds and 2 1/2 hours of commercials, which is worse?
I don't believe that. It's like the paparazzi. The celebs call the paparazzi to follow them. Then they publicly complain about them. It's a running joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football