Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2024, 07:06 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,807,609 times

Advertisements

While I admire Mahomes, I wouldn't mind seeing the 49'ers take it this year. Lot's of great players on that team deserve a SB ring.

My overall excitement level is low for this game, but I'll still watch it and eat some good food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2024, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
So in the Taylor Swift Bowl, two male acts with so little talent that they electronically modify their voices are doing the halftime show while Taylor Swift sits in the VIP booth with gratuitous camera shots every 30 seconds.
For those concerned that Taylor would be busy on her upcoming tour in Japan, don't fret. She will have plenty of time to fly back to Vegas from Tokyo and get to her suite before the game starts.

Probably have a devoted CBS camera pointed at the suite for the world's enjoyment.

Old 01-31-2024, 08:42 AM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Anyone whining.. Stop yer bitchin.

It is what it is, the teams are who they are. No changing it.

I could come up with about 30 other matchups I'd rather see, but.. This is what we got. Make the most of it.

I want to see how Purdy and McCaffery react in their first Super Bowl. That's what i'll be focusing on. You all find what you want to.. Maybe you focus on whether or not Taylor Swift cries during the game.. Maybe you just lean into watching the commercials.. Whatever.

Is what it is, bitchin' isn't going to change it. Find something to enjoy about it or ****.

Old 01-31-2024, 09:10 AM

10,345 posts, read 8,559,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Anyone whining.. Stop yer bitchin.

It is what it is, the teams are who they are. No changing it.

I could come up with about 30 other matchups I'd rather see, but.. This is what we got. Make the most of it.

I want to see how Purdy and McCaffery react in their first Super Bowl. That's what i'll be focusing on. You all find what you want to.. Maybe you focus on whether or not Taylor Swift cries during the game.. Maybe you just lean into watching the commercials.. Whatever.

Is what it is, bitchin' isn't going to change it. Find something to enjoy about it or ****.
Agreed.
The teams there earned it one way or the other.
If your team isn’t in it, then they didn’t do the job.
As far as halftime I barely watch it.
All the other stuff you ca ignore it if it bothers you.
I’m sure the millions watching won’t notice if some of you don’t watch or watch.
Heck, I didn’t want to see Kansas City again, but I appreciate the team and mini dynasty they’ve created.

Old 01-31-2024, 10:33 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,112,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
For those concerned that Taylor would be busy on her upcoming tour in Japan, don't fret. She will have plenty of time to fly back to Vegas from Tokyo and get to her suite before the game starts.

Probably have a devoted CBS camera pointed at the suite for the world's enjoyment.
She has asked CBS to quit putting her on camera and they do it anyway. She was only on camera for 44 seconds during the last game.
So it irritates some people that she is there? What about Kelce's mother and Mahomes wife? They have been showing them on camera for a couple years. 44 seconds and 2 1/2 hours of commercials, which is worse?

Old 01-31-2024, 11:17 AM

36,412 posts, read 16,022,206 times
I'm from CA, so it was always the Ram's, Dodger's and Lakers. So despising the 49'ers, I'll root for KC. I like Mahomes. I don't care about Taylor and Travis's private life, so won't be distracted by that.

Old 01-31-2024, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
She has asked CBS to quit putting her on camera and they do it anyway. She was only on camera for 44 seconds during the last game.
So it irritates some people that she is there? What about Kelce's mother and Mahomes wife? They have been showing them on camera for a couple years. 44 seconds and 2 1/2 hours of commercials, which is worse?
The Chiefs-Ravens game was the highest watched AFC Championship on record. While the matchup was terrific, I'm sure some of that boost came from Taylor's audience. And they want to see Taylor.

Makes the advertisers very happy.

Old 01-31-2024, 01:25 PM

8,659 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
The Chiefs-Ravens game was the highest watched AFC Championship on record. While the matchup was terrific, I'm sure some of that boost came from Taylor's audience.
The NFC Championship between the Niners and Lions outpaced it (sans Taylor) by bringing in 56 million+ viewers.

Old 01-31-2024, 02:30 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,819 times
Every season that my team is in the playoffs & doesn't make the Super Bowl is a crappy Super Bowl, lol.

Old 01-31-2024, 03:25 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,613,373 times
Funny, Ever! I'm hoping for a Niners win, NFC instead of AFC. It is what it is, no amount of complaining changes it.

Every year there are certain story lines absolutely worn out by the media, it's what they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football