Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2024, 08:47 PM

3,651 posts, read 3,455,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Now this year, we reserved seats at the BAR of our favorite sports bar restaurant and will enjoy all you can eat food, drinks and seeing the CHEFS and the 49ers
No, no. The chefs will be in the kitchen. The Chiefs will be on the field.

Seriously, sounds like a good plan. I'll likely do the same. There's a sports bar/race book locally that will have nothing special planned. And that's fine by me. The place won't be packed, there will be no hoopla about squares games or door prize draws. But the game will be on, and that (and a few beers and maybe a burger) is all I need.

And at halftime, I can play some horse racing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2024, 08:55 PM

2,883 posts, read 4,570,919 times
OUCH - $9000 for ONE ticket?!?! that doesn't include beer. or food. or hotel. geezus

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/super-b...ver-las-vegas/

Old 01-29-2024, 09:03 PM

8,829 posts, read 3,983,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
SF had a big comeback.
Yeah, the Niners were only the fourth team ever to overcome a deficit of at least 17 points in a conference title game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
I can't stand the Chiefs and have no interest in the 49ers.
Then don’t watch the game? From my perspective, it couldn’t be any better; go Niners! ;-)

Old 01-30-2024, 05:06 AM

2,045 posts, read 805,250 times
With all the hate for the Chiefs, I figure people will watch just to root against them.

I'll watch and root for the 49ers because I'd like to see Brock Purdy beat Patrick Mahomes and I don't like Andy Reid. I actually like Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift.

The 49ers are only favored by 1.5, so it should be competitive. Plus, you have the added angle of Kyle Shanahan wanting to get revenge on Andy Reid ... It very well could be a great game.

Old 01-30-2024, 05:08 AM

2,045 posts, read 805,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Mahomes and the Chiefs are basically the modern day version of Brady and the Pats (or in an even earlier era of Joe Montana and the 49ers), couldn't stand either.....

The Lions basically channelled their inner Bills yesterday......
Don't forget the mid to late-1970s Steelers and the 1990s Cowboys.

Old 01-30-2024, 06:18 AM

2,609 posts, read 3,427,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Mahomes and the Chiefs are basically the modern day version of Brady and the Pats (or in an even earlier era of Joe Montana and the 49ers), couldn't stand either.....

The Lions basically channelled their inner Bills yesterday......
And this is what I was afraid of. Another same old, same old Superbowl. It would have been nice to see something different like Baltimore vs Detroit but those two teams don't know how to play playoff football. The most frustrating part of it all is that they both had a chance and they both blew it.
At least Dan Campbell told his team that this may be the last time they ever sniff the championship game. I don't want these loser teams thinking they accomplish something special when they didn't. They both blew a chance to go to the Superbowl and I want that to sink in to the players heads and reflect on all the stupid mistakes they made.

Old 01-30-2024, 06:30 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,602,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
And this is what I was afraid of. Another same old, same old Superbowl. It would have been nice to see something different like Baltimore vs Detroit but those two teams don't know how to play playoff football. The most frustrating part of it all is that they both had a chance and they both blew it.
At least Dan Campbell told his team that this may be the last time they ever sniff the championship game. I don't want these loser teams thinking they accomplish something special when they didn't. They both blew a chance to go to the Superbowl and I want that to sink in to the players heads and reflect on all the stupid mistakes they made.
Of course, Dan Campbell can also look in the mirror as the reason they're not sniffing a championship may lie with a coaching decision made by him.

Old 01-30-2024, 07:17 AM

14,336 posts, read 14,686,565 times
I wanted a Ravens/49ers SB because I'm a little KC/Swifty weary but overall I always watch so doesn't matter.

I like watching football, don't have the intense dislike or anger involving other teams. If the Lions were in, it would be o.k., I wasn't surprised they lost though. Didn't trust them, not to do something to lose.

It's entertainment, sports, out of my control, crappy SB? You're in control, don't watch. NFL doesn't care, plenty will.

Old 01-30-2024, 07:52 AM

5,286 posts, read 6,226,128 times
As a long suffering Patriots fan since the sixties I guess I had the blinders on during their dynasty years and now the shoe is on the other foot and realize what many had said about it would have be nice to see someone else besides the Patriots in the Super Bowl so many times.

I was so happy to see Andy Reid get his SB ring and it is good to see his success and the Chiefs deserve the recognition but the intensity of social media now between Tik Toc, Instagram, pod casts and TV commercials surrounding Patrick Mahomes, his brother Jackson and wife Brittany, the Kelce brothers and Taylor Swift is getting so overplayed.

Either way I will still enjoy seeing to young guns duke it out but will be pulling 49er’s to win it.

Old 01-30-2024, 07:57 AM

3,241 posts, read 3,563,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
As a long suffering Patriots fan since the sixties I guess I had the blinders on during their dynasty years and now the shoe is on the other foot and realize what many had said about it would have be nice to see someone else besides the Patriots in the Super Bowl so many times.

I was so happy to see Andy Reid get his SB ring and it is good to see his success and the Chiefs deserve the recognition but the intensity of social media now between Tik Toc, Instagram, pod casts and TV commercials surrounding Patrick Mahomes, his brother Jackson and wife Brittany, the Kelce brothers and Taylor Swift is getting so overplayed.

Either way I will still enjoy seeing to young guns duke it out but will be pulling 49er’s to win it.
Thankfully, I haven't seen much of Jackson Mahomes in the last year+ (as his legal troubles caught up to him, he's been keeping a lower profile).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football