Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2024, 05:24 PM

14,824 posts, read 12,092,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
That's not arrogance. That's sweet

I think you know exactly where they are coming from but feel the need to feign a 'matter of fact' repulsion to that expectation. We are not at a tea party social, no need for airs.

If I were on Hakata Island in Japan getting served sushi, you best believe my expectation would be the chefs were Japanese. But not if I were in Benihana in midtown NYC

If I am in the bowels of the Medieval Beefeaters Banquet in London I wanna see mostly pasty white English blokes and wenches clopping around.

Yes! I expect my vacations to exotic places to be classically themed like the World Showcase in Disney pre-1990s. I can't stand seeing KFCs and Wal Marts in China. A Starbucks in the Forbidden City?! Uggg,..

A Filipino pouring tea in Ireland isn't the end of the world, I admit. But as an Irish cultural Country, you don't wanna overdo it, imho. That's why illegal immigration, as per the thread title, is something nobody should feel ashamed of opposing.
These places are not a kind of 'Disney World'. Your post is full of stereotypical inaccuracies and to be honest with you, as an Englishman it comes across as a little insulting. If you wanted to see Medieval Beefeaters in a London Banquet then you would have needed to have visited 800 years ago, London hasn't been full of 'pasty white English blokes' for a VERY long time - in fact when you consider the history of London (founded by the Romans) its NEVER been full of 'pasty white English blokes' (which is frankly an inaccurate stereotype anyway). Ireland isn't and never has been full of green wearing red headed leprechauns either I'm afraid, you're FAR more likely to get that in a Patricks Day street parade full of New Yorkers that 'think' they're Irish because 200 years ago one of their forefathers came from Cork than you are anywhere in Ireland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2024, 05:43 PM

39,350 posts, read 27,747,832 times
Let me see if I can express my opinion about this subject without offending people.

Yes, it is true that every country needs certain immigration to fill certain roles they cannot do locally, which is okay. However, many European countries and the United States cannot afford the influx that is happening at the moment, in the mid 80s, countries like UK for example was nearly self sufficient with food and now that is 50 something percent.

Seems like many so called 1st world countries don't have enough affordable housing, public services are over stretched, overcrowding in major cities and pollution.

Obviously, the politicians are not working for the people. You cannot keep taking in illegals and refugees when you cannot look after the existing people that are already here in your country.

Let's face it, the reason why Muslim immigrants prefer immigrating to western, mostly Christian countries rather than to Muslim countries has to do with the fact they have very little desire to move from one Islamic dictatorship to another.

Can somebody explain why come to Australia and demand Sharia laws? Wouldn't they be better off in a place like Malaysia or Indonesia or Afghanistan or any other Muslim countries?

Old 05-13-2024, 05:44 PM

16,746 posts, read 8,731,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
My inlaws are Irish and they do not like Trump but one HATES him and even now as the country faces so much immigration from now Muslim countries, it was Poland for the last 15 years, he still won't admit that Trump is right about Illegal immigration as well as the new fad of "refugees/migrants".

There is a clash of cultures happening and it is not a positive for everyone.

A visit to Ireland back in 2019 had us being served tea at a castle by a young man from the Philippines. It was not what we expected but he was nice. I don't know but when you are touring Ireland and pull off the highway for a cup of tea you just kind of expect a local to serve you. We were just there in March and took a trip across the country and in some little town in the middle of the country it was odd to see a woman in a burka.

I guess Europe is losing its identity and at least Ireland, beside the rolling green hills, the craggy mountains, incredible scenery, charming friendly folks that still speak Irish and the sheep that block the back roads is becoming more like America every time we go back to visit family. It's a shame.
True, but one of the dichotomy is the lingering question of whether the Republic of Ireland will reunify with Northern Ireland, still under British control.
While it is headed in that direction, it could very well thwart some of the globalist plans, as the Unionists of the UK have stopped never ending migration into the UK via Brexit.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/unit...eland-851.html

Sinn Fein, not so much so.

Old 05-13-2024, 05:51 PM

3,867 posts, read 2,246,310 times
At this point, no one can reasonably deny that this is a globalist plot to destroy the developed nations. How else would it all be happening at the same time in various nations, in the same manner, and with the same asylum scam?

Old 05-13-2024, 05:56 PM

499 posts, read 195,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
My inlaws are Irish and they do not like Trump but one HATES him and even now as the country faces so much immigration from now Muslim countries, it was Poland for the last 15 years, he still won't admit that Trump is right about Illegal immigration as well as the new fad of "refugees/migrants".

There is a clash of cultures happening and it is not a positive for everyone.

A visit to Ireland back in 2019 had us being served tea at a castle by a young man from the Philippines. It was not what we expected but he was nice. I don't know but when you are touring Ireland and pull off the highway for a cup of tea you just kind of expect a local to serve you. We were just there in March and took a trip across the country and in some little town in the middle of the country it was odd to see a woman in a burka.

I guess Europe is losing its identity and at least Ireland, beside the rolling green hills, the craggy mountains, incredible scenery, charming friendly folks that still speak Irish and the sheep that block the back roads is becoming more like America every time we go back to visit family. It's a shame.
This is how the Muslims will take over the world. They tried it using violence back in the days of the Crusades, and got soundly defeated and beaten back by the Christian countries, but I believe they are finding it much easier these days with all the open border policies. Especially here in the once great USA.

Old 05-13-2024, 06:02 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,074,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
At this point, no one can reasonably deny that this is a globalist plot to destroy the developed nations. How else would it all be happening at the same time in various nations, in the same manner, and with the same asylum scam?
There is already "Globalist" themed technology in place.

With the NYC Portal directly to Dublin, illegals can span large distances in a fraction of a second. Who knows what kind of people this portal will let in and how long before Iran gets one!?

Yes, this is a tongue in cheek post for those with no sense of humor.

Old 05-13-2024, 06:02 PM

3,516 posts, read 2,859,580 times
Has “Erin Go Bragh” become “Erin Going Away”?

Old 05-13-2024, 06:39 PM

8,092 posts, read 10,690,234 times
I don't blame them for being angry. It hurts to lose your homeland.

Old 05-13-2024, 07:36 PM

3,867 posts, read 2,246,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I don't blame them for being angry. It hurts to lose your homeland.
I didn't realize how far gone Ireland was. 22% of people are foreign born? That's similar to the U.S

Old Today, 07:10 AM

16,746 posts, read 8,731,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I didn't realize how far gone Ireland was. 22% of people are foreign born? That's similar to the U.S
Yes, but you notice it much more in a small country, as Ireland only has 5 million in the entire country, which is 3 million less than a city like NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies