Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 02:19 PM

17,462 posts, read 14,702,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Odd because it says he is 54. No way is this guy 54.
Right guy, incorrect age.

Read the post before yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2024, 02:20 PM

23,767 posts, read 12,650,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I was coming here to post something similar.

The original link posted had his age wrong - the actual arrest search result from Monroe county has it correct.

If you go here:

https://www.keysso.net/arrestQintro

And search Richard Brothers, he'll pop right up.
His court info from Monroe County court clerk, just type his name in:

https://cr.monroe-clerk.com/Attorney/SearchCriteria

Old 04-24-2024, 02:22 PM

18,154 posts, read 15,738,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The left lately tends to support minimal penalties for crime so it emboldens people who might otherwise think twice.
As relates to this crime and that it's in the state of FL, which is a red state, I wouldn't assume this guy (or anyone) would get off with just a warning. Others aren't emboldened; I doubt any future car-keyers are even aware of this guy or what he did.

Old 04-24-2024, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Ok, now I do buy it. I found in a different site where his age now says 63. I am convinced….and thoroughly horrified by the whole thing. Think he may go to court next week. Retained a lawyer. Don’t see how a lawyer could get him off for this. He said he made a mistake. A mistake is when you aren’t paying attention and put too much salt into the soup or add numbers up wrong. Deciding to damage a car because he didn’t like the owners’ politics is not a mistake. His only mistake was not covering up his license plate before his temper tantrum/crime.

https://recentlybooked.com/FL/Monroe...RBP63MW3262024

Did anyone think it was strange in the video where he claimed he didn’t know why the cop was there but said he went to look at his truck to see if he hit something? Wouldn’t he know if he hit something?
My first impression was that he had hit something with his car, and he thought the cops were there for that. But then he shut up and let the cop do the talking.

He'd used his key fob to scratch the car, so there was no reason for him to be checking out his car for damages. If he had hit something that day then he'd probably be checking out his car for damages as soon as he'd parked it there. The car scratching incident had been on a previous day. I bet not only had he scratched that other car, but he had hit something else just prior to the cops showing up.

Old 04-24-2024, 02:32 PM

4,680 posts, read 4,999,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
His court info from Monroe County court clerk, just type his name in:

https://cr.monroe-clerk.com/Attorney/SearchCriteria
Nice, thanks for the link! Police report is there, too. Good for Ms. Tomkins for pressing charges, and good for FL for having laws that help give redress for victims of this nonsense.

Old 04-24-2024, 02:35 PM

50,429 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Perfect example of why the Trump supporters can't have bumper stickers and yard signs. Now that I'm older, I very seldom put out yard signs. Even for local elections the democrats tear them up.
I used to put out a bunch of American flags till people started pulling them and either tossing them on my roof, into my backyard or just plain steal them or toss them into the neighbor's trash can. The only one I fly now is out of reach of any haters.

Old 04-24-2024, 02:38 PM

3,088 posts, read 1,757,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I can't believe anyone doesn't believe crap like this doesn't happen. I guess when you are the liberals in the big blue city you just turn a blind eye but us conservatives that live here see it constantly. Forget putting out any political sign and a bumper sticker is a one way ticket to vehicle damage. Same liberal kooks who will key your truck in the mts when you are hunting because you have any sort of outdoors sticker on it. The hate is real.
Agreed. They have to know deep down this stuff happens and they are just being dishonest with themselves. This is one of the many reasons I don't advertise my politics in any way, especially a Trump bumper sticker here in Commiefornia.

Old 04-24-2024, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Oh you bet they do and the reason they do it is because Nazis are so evil, if you are one, it justifies them doing whatever they want to you.
It wouldn't matter if a Trump supporter is or isn't a nazi, they're often labeled that, and many other things, just because they support Trump.

Old 04-24-2024, 02:46 PM

3,088 posts, read 1,757,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
It wouldn't matter if a Trump supporter is or isn't a nazi, they're often labeled that, and many other things, just because they support Trump.
Well yes that was my point. They label all Trump supports and conservatives for that matter, Nazis, so that justifies anything they do.

Old 04-24-2024, 03:24 PM

19,688 posts, read 12,270,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Well yes that was my point. They label all Trump supports and conservatives for that matter, Nazis, so that justifies anything they do.
Anyone can label anyone as anything. Sounds dangerous.

If conservatives are nazis then liberals are commies, and communists also have a history of killing millions of innocent people.

Mr. TDS may want to chew on that. And now, he is officially "Florida Man" with a felony criminal record there, along with the meth head zombies and alligator rapers. Welcome to the club Mr. Brothers, welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies