Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 08:19 PM

1,652 posts, read 1,655,142 times

Advertisements

Who is Juan Marchan.? Do you think Trump will get a fair trial or is this a political hit job? Hardly an impartial judge, he’s a political hack, left wing puppet. Born in Colombia and raised in NYC. He and his family are envolved in Left wing organizations, he’s a Biden donner and backer of anti Republican organization. During the 2020 United States presidential election, Merchan donated to Democratic Party candidate Joe Biden's campaign, the Progressive Turnout Project, and Stop Republicans, a subsidiary of the previous.
Hardly a political an impartial judge placed by billionaire extreme left winger Micheal Bloomberg. Merchan’s daughter, Loren, heads a digital marketing agency which works with Democratic Party candidates and non-profits. Was the judge in Steve Bannon case, Trump accountant Weisselberg that admitted to tax fraud and cut a deal to testify against Trump, several previous Trump hearings for the so called “ fraud” case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2024, 08:25 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,203,855 times
What a sham trail, all they want to do is put this back in the headlines before the election. Sucks the taxpayers have to foot the bill but they voted for these idiots.

Old 04-22-2024, 08:41 PM

4,047 posts, read 2,735,428 times
I'm wondering what's gonna happen tomorrow with the gag order violations, myself.

Old 04-22-2024, 08:46 PM

21,932 posts, read 25,286,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I'm wondering what's gonna happen tomorrow with the gag order violations, myself.
Yup, with the hearing already scheduled for the previous gag order violations I'm guessing not very fun. Usually there would just be monetary fines that would increase but Trump is going so fast and furious I dunno. He might test his wish of having the great honor of cooling his heels in a cell, although I doubt it. At least not yet.

Old 04-22-2024, 08:49 PM

18,266 posts, read 15,806,923 times
Quote:
My guess is not much. Maybe a fine, possibly not even that, but just another stern warning, with no real consequences.

Old 04-22-2024, 08:54 PM

4,047 posts, read 2,735,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Yup, with the hearing already scheduled for the previous gag order violations I'm guessing not very fun. Usually there would just be monetary fines that would increase but Trump is going so fast and furious I dunno. He might test his wish of having the great honor of cooling his heels in a cell, although I doubt it. At least not yet.

I'm on the fence, myself. They did have a juror drop out due to concerns about privacy/safety, and the judge already seems at his limit with Trump. I am thinking the judge might lower the boom on him to keep other jury members from getting cold feet and dropping out.

Old 04-22-2024, 08:56 PM

23,974 posts, read 12,780,673 times
Quote:
I'm on the fence, myself. They did have a juror drop out due to concerns about privacy/safety, and the judge already seems at his limit with Trump. I am thinking the judge might lower the boom on him to keep other jury members from getting cold feet and dropping out.
And yet it was MSNBC who was outing personal info about a jury hopeful. Trump is gagged and has said nothing. but yeah I know, orange man bad.

Old 04-22-2024, 09:28 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,812,334 times
Quote:
I think that he may get a fine tomorrow but I hope there is exponential increase in the fine so that it quickly gets large enough to hurt. I believe that is what happened in the NY State fraud case or it could have been the second EJ Carroll case but eventually they got him to stop. I don't know if he's itching to get thrown in jail but I doubt they would physically put him in jail, but they may wait until the trial is over before passing sentence.

Old 04-23-2024, 12:47 AM

14,829 posts, read 8,169,551 times
I actually think it will be a mistrial.
They asked the jury where they got their news.
The one Juror only gets his/her news from Truth Social and X (twitter)....that tells me that they are a huge Trump fan
and lets just say that I doubt that they are going to be able to stay unbiased.
It only takes one juror.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/19/n...smid=url-share

Of course, with a mistrial they can try the case again.

It is going to be hard (maybe almost impossible) to find jurors on this who are neutral or unbiased.

Old 04-23-2024, 12:59 AM

14,829 posts, read 8,169,551 times
^MSNBC is arguably the most liberal of the sources...the only juror who gets their news from there, also gets their news from Fox News (do two extremes balance things out?) And also the Daily Mail and New York times.

All but 4 of the jurors gets some of their news from the New York Times...which really isn't surprising esp. since they all live there.

Several get their news from TikTok. That is especially kind of scary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies