Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2024, 04:58 PM

24,432 posts, read 12,982,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
apparently their convicted felon, star witness isn't working out to well for them. they can't control him and he appears unstable. Read that in other credible news sources too.
It's not like we already didn't know he was a lying loser.

Old 04-29-2024, 06:18 PM

46,405 posts, read 27,273,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
It's not a legal *business* expense to put payment(s) to a prostitute on the company books, call it a "legal service," and then there's the tax issue of how that expense was treated.
If it's on his personal account, why not?

Did stormy pay taxes, that is the real question.

Old 04-29-2024, 06:35 PM

1,370 posts, read 1,702,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Is not this entire case about "hush money" during the 2016 election for a payment made in 2017?
The MSM and the DA would like you to think that it was that simple, but it's not. It's very complicated.

This is the best, unbiased, explanation about the charges I have read so far.
https://www.lawfaremedia.org/article...eople-v.-trump

Old 04-29-2024, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
It's not a legal *business* expense to put payment(s) to a prostitute on the company books, call it a "legal service," and then there's the tax issue of how that expense was treated.
The case is not about payment(s) to a prostitute for her services!

The DA has insinuated the payment to Stormy Daniels may be somehow related to campaign finance laws but has not stated explicitly what or how.

Old 04-29-2024, 07:18 PM

46,405 posts, read 27,273,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
The MSM and the DA would like you to think that it was that simple, but it's not. It's very complicated.

This is the best, unbiased, explanation about the charges I have read so far.
https://www.lawfaremedia.org/article...eople-v.-trump
Just wasted a few minutes of my life, thanks.

You could have just said go to the last paragraph:

Quote:
Clear as mud?

In all seriousness, what this deep dive has hopefully shown is that Bragg’s legal theory is genuinely tangled—though the district attorney’s office is doing its best to clarify matters. The next few weeks will show whether he’s able to walk the jury through it.
No, it's not really that complicated.

So, what do you think about the last paragraph in the link you provided?

Old 04-29-2024, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Just wasted a few minutes of my life, thanks.

You could have just said go to the last paragraph:

No, it's not really that complicated.

So, what do you think about the last paragraph in the link you provided?
I can't really make heads or tails of the legal spaghetti described in that article. At least, now, I think I understand why the conservative legal analysts were up in arms and were calling the indictment ridiculous.

Getting a jury to buy into this legal strategy is going to be difficult, hence their initial reliance on the character assassination testimonies of Pecker, Cohen et al. The only witness testimonies that may bear fruit for the prosecution will be the Trump Org controller and the accountant who handled the invoices and cut the checks.

Old 04-30-2024, 08:49 AM

14,539 posts, read 20,814,518 times
Trump fined with jail next?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/live/trum...125200159.html

Trump likely would love to be put in jail for 48-72 hours or a week. It would rile up his voters.
The judge would never ever do more than that as far as jail because all of his gag orders have been penny ante anyway and a joke.

Old 04-30-2024, 08:52 AM
exm

3,747 posts, read 1,809,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Trump fined with jail next?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/live/trum...125200159.html

Trump likely would love to be put in jail for 48-72 hours or a week. It would rile up his voters.
The judge would never ever do more than that as far as jail because all of his gag orders have been penny ante anyway and a joke.

Yeah, the SS would allow jail. That would be something to see.

Old 04-30-2024, 05:58 PM

1,093 posts, read 890,636 times
Democrats are not Trump's peers.

Old 04-30-2024, 10:59 PM

24,432 posts, read 12,982,054 times
Cohen just cannot stop lying. wow. It's like he's in 'lie overdrive' right now.

He seems to have had a stern talking to, to shut the heck up about the trial and Trump. He tells ABC that he's going to stop talking about Trump and the trial and he tells his TikTok sheep that he's no longer going to talk about Trump and the trial on his streams and social media...so what does he do next? He goes on the Rosie O'Donnell show(I didn't know she still had a show) and he ...talks about Trump and the trial.

So then he says, I'm not going to talk about Trump and the trial. And his TikTok audience craters, and he's scratching his head and can't figure out why (whatta doofus) and blames his massive drop in audience on TV programing. So then he ....talks about Trump and the trial. Then, while he's livestreaming he says that he'd made a pledge to himself about not talking about Trump and the trial and he's going to stop, but moments later he ... talks about Trump and the trial. And apparently, he's continuing to ...talk about Trump and the trial.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ms/ar-AA1nSBy3

This guy . just . cannot . breathe . without . lying.

It is funny though, I laughed so hard I had to stop a couple of times while reading the article to wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes.

And you know Trump's lawyers are going to use all of what he's been raging about, and the lies he's saying, against him. Showing the jury what a liar he is, that he just cannot help himself when it comes to lying--he just has to lie, and showing them that he's out for revenge, and to make money off of this whole deal.

I'm still laughing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies