Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 03:47 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,927,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
yes, let's assign where people can go in the country Adolf!
The point is deal with your homeless instead of busing them to California and then griping about how many we have here. This isn't much different than the slime ball neighbor who shovels his dogs turds into his neighbors hard and then starts complaining about who much it stinks on the other side of the fence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 03:50 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,307,048 times
Trump is proposing internment camps for homeless basically. He would have to force people to go--that seems somewhat unconstitutional.

Next--who is going to pay to support the homeless in institutional settings? The government? Us?

And how very unproductive to shuffle people around. Some are mentally ill. Some are drug-addicted. Some are vets with PTSD. And Trump would like to simply move them into buildings together? Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I think that Trump attacked SF because the day before they declared the NRA a terrorist organization. This is the immature response and that is what this is about. Petty, immature tit for tat.

This is as bad an idea as 'raking' to solve the forest fire problem. But then again, this admin does not seem to come up with any good ideas. Or any ideas.

Old 09-11-2019, 03:50 PM

52,388 posts, read 52,867,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Yes, let me get the hell out first though....
Me too.

I'm just biding my time till I can get the hell out.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,716,635 times
I cannot think of anything on this earth that I would want Trumps "help" on. I saw how he "helped" Atlantic City and now we are seeing how he is "helping" us.....

Old 09-11-2019, 04:08 PM

20,212 posts, read 9,117,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
The point is deal with your homeless instead of busing them to California and then griping about how many we have here. This isn't much different than the slime ball neighbor who shovels his dogs turds into his neighbors hard and then starts complaining about who much it stinks on the other side of the fence.
Actually you have no point at all, you're woefully misinformed. Did you hear that on CNN? In fact, California is bussing out more homeless than they're taking in....

https://www.bakersfield.com/news/are...00479caa9.html

https://www.kalw.org/post/hey-area-t...ogram#stream/0

Old 09-11-2019, 04:09 PM

8,388 posts, read 2,997,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
If other states quit busing them to California we'd have fewer of them, California should start going after the agencies from other states paying for free transportation for the homeless to California. Trump talks out of both sides of his mouth it doesn't matter what that fool says anyway he'll change his mind in the next breath.
Why are they going to Ca.? Because too many dummies in Ca. give them money when they’re standing on a corner. I just moved from that nightmare after 58 years of living there. Are you suggesting red states are telling bums, “get on this bus, you’re going to Ca.”.? Come on man, get a grip. It was once a great state but now it’s an embarrassment.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:16 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Actually you have no point at all, you're woefully misinformed. Did you hear that on CNN? In fact, California is bussing out more homeless than they're taking in....

https://www.bakersfield.com/news/are...00479caa9.html

https://www.kalw.org/post/hey-area-t...ogram#stream/0
This is one of the cities within California that buses their bums to my city as well. Bakersfield is well known for this we got them coming in from other states in significant numbers lots of these homeless aren't locals.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:18 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Why are they going to Ca.? Because too many dummies in Ca. give them money when they’re standing on a corner. I just moved from that nightmare after 58 years of living there. Are you suggesting red states are telling bums, “get on this bus, you’re going to Ca.”.? Come on man, get a grip. It was once a great state but now it’s an embarrassment.

Not many people give them money where I live mostly the churches are feeding them two meals a day they even deliver it to them, they don't even have to get up and walk.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:20 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,407,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
LOL California has the 5th largest economy in the world. Without California the U.S. would be a welfare state.
Without CA, the US would be much less of a welfare state - CA, with about 12% of the population, has over 30% of the welfare recipients in the US. There is little incentive in CA to get off welfare - in CA you can make more in benefits than someone who earns $15/hr.

Much of the assistance in CA goes to immigrants also - part of the issue of illegals coming into the US and CA in particular.
Quote:
2017....41 percent of immigrant households receive public assistance, whereas 24 percent of native households do. In 2012, 49.5 percent of immigrant and 25.3 percent native households received government assistance in California.
https://www.politifact.com/californi...welfare-s-exa/

Old 09-11-2019, 04:22 PM

17,783 posts, read 7,012,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Without CA, the US would be much less of a welfare state - CA, with about 12% of the population, has over 30% of the welfare recipients in the US. There is little incentive in CA to get off welfare - in CA you can make more in benefits than someone who earns $15/hr.

Much of the assistance in CA goes to immigrants also - part of the issue of illegals coming into the US and CA in particular.
https://www.politifact.com/californi...welfare-s-exa/
Great post, but I'm pretty sure CA liberals are immune to facts, logic, and common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies