Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 08:13 AM

1,159 posts, read 625,097 times

Advertisements

Yes. My male ginger tabby cat always crawls on me the second I get in bed. He's so needy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2020, 08:23 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,816,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
We do.
We always have.
Heck we even have a jumbo sized Macaw that will crawl under the covers to snuggle with us .
The cat though is a bad sleep buddy.
Always a but in the face, a slap to the face when we are not giving him his due and then there is that annoying purring.
I just love that cat.
The wife...not so much.
How about you?
Always. Thing was, when I had a cat, she was a 3 lb tabby who never got big. So, I went to bed wearing pants, why? She'd climb on my back (When I slept it was on stomach) and then head to my waist and then "Make bread" till she was satisfied (And I was bleeding)

When I had dogs (2) one always wanted the floor, my bigger one took the bed and more than once I had to shove him out of my way (And he'd growl a bit also)

Old 03-15-2020, 10:34 AM

10,116 posts, read 19,450,349 times
We share our king size bed with two cats and a (small) dog. It just happened! Each animal has his spot on the bed. a third pet, our oldest cat, gave up and now sleeps in his own spot on the LR sofa. least anyone think I sleep in "dirt" I change the bed linens every day -- that's right, every day! I have four sets of bed linens, change them each day, and wash them 2x week. I also rotate blankets and run them through the dryer on Air Fluff every other day. Plus our animals are groomed daily. Hey, like I said, it just happened!

Old 03-15-2020, 11:59 AM

23,473 posts, read 19,135,648 times
Well, I don't sleep with ALL of them, just the furry one too big to squash accidentally. The others would find my bedroom uncomfortably cool. My dog had to be put to sleep a couple of weeks ago. How I miss that loving heat source. She was an expert at conforming to the small of your back.

Old 03-15-2020, 01:31 PM

6,245 posts, read 3,630,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
We do.
We always have.
Heck we even have a jumbo sized Macaw that will crawl under the covers to snuggle with us .
The cat though is a bad sleep buddy.
Always a but in the face, a slap to the face when we are not giving him his due and then there is that annoying purring.
I just love that cat.
The wife...not so much.

How about you?
I hope this means the wife doesn't love the cat...not you love the cat but not so much your wife.

Old 03-15-2020, 01:45 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,865,003 times
I have a dog and a cat, and, yes, my cat sleeps with me. I have a king sized bed, so there's plenty of room.

Sometimes, he really wants to cuddle in the middle of the night, so he'll plop himself down right beside my head or, occasionally, right on top of my head. Of course, I can't breathe, so I just gently move him a comfortable distance away. For the most part, he's learned to stay on his side of the bed during the night, and then we can cuddle in the morning.

My dog would probably love to sleep with me, but I don't allow her in the bedrooms.

Old 03-15-2020, 01:56 PM

13,289 posts, read 8,504,789 times
Eventually yes.
Had two small dogs.
One often needed to be cuddled to rest.
The other one did the night patrol. Often checking on us adult sleepers. Then when all was well...back he would scamper...laying at the foot of the bed. Til I would somber to sleep..
Then....a ninja style leap up to the bed! On my head . Which led to the okay...move over . We have to make room .
Then off to sleep we'd all go. The funniest part was if I was snoring...the one dog would nip my nose. Not harsh...more like...hey lady! Your interrupting my sleep. Tone it down .

I miss them.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:28 PM

50,438 posts, read 64,253,963 times
Our dachshund, Donovan, is a heat seeker and a burrower. He spends the night under the covers between DH and I. We enjoy being able to give him a pat during the night.

Old 03-15-2020, 03:53 PM

7,270 posts, read 4,644,783 times
We have 2 Maltese that are crate trained. 2 nights a week they sleep with us. When my husband is out of town they sleep with me every night.

Old 03-15-2020, 09:22 PM

37,726 posts, read 46,186,176 times
My BF has a dog. No freaking way does he sleep with her. I would not sleep in a bed with a dog...or a cat for that matter. I cannot abide the animal hair or the smell or the dirt. Humans only please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets