Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 06:18 AM

657 posts, read 1,600,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
That is COOL J Double R! How did you get so lucky as to ride with Jimmie Johnson?
Well, it goes like this.. I've got a buddy down in Texas that's been a family friend for the better part of a decade (he's my age), and he's pretty well involved in the big auto industry as a freelance journalist/photo/videographer.. He works with all the major brands (GM, Ford, etc) and reviews nearly all the new model cars before they are released to the dealers, and thus has a pretty close working relationship with the corporate and fleet departments within the corporations.

GM wanted some coverage of the new Camaro, and since both the LS and SS models were being test driven at the track, he needed someone else in order to get both cars taken care of.. That's where I came in. I've helped him with several reviews in the past, but certainly nothing THAT cool.

GM really hooked us up, got us a super nice suite about 15 mins from the track; since he was working with Ford as well, we were supplied with a 2010 Mustang GT for review, and GM was generous enough to give us a 2010 Escalade Hybrid for review/transportation as well.. Overall, an epic time indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 06:34 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,933,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J double R View Post
Well, it goes like this.. I've got a buddy down in Texas that's been a family friend for the better part of a decade (he's my age), and he's pretty well involved in the big auto industry as a freelance journalist/photo/videographer.. He works with all the major brands (GM, Ford, etc) and reviews nearly all the new model cars before they are released to the dealers, and thus has a pretty close working relationship with the corporate and fleet departments within the corporations.

GM wanted some coverage of the new Camaro, and since both the LS and SS models were being test driven at the track, he needed someone else in order to get both cars taken care of.. That's where I came in. I've helped him with several reviews in the past, but certainly nothing THAT cool.

GM really hooked us up, got us a super nice suite about 15 mins from the track; since he was working with Ford as well, we were supplied with a 2010 Mustang GT for review, and GM was generous enough to give us a 2010 Escalade Hybrid for review/transportation as well.. Overall, an epic time indeed.
Something to show your grandkids one day. Epic for sure! What did you think of the new Camaro? I have heard that if GM would have released that car earlier, they wouldn't be in the trouble they are now.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:48 AM

657 posts, read 1,600,587 times
I definitely think the Camaro has the power to help them get back on their feet.. it is a ridiculously well-built machine, and while i didn't get the time to give it a thorough review, i'd say it has a ton of potential.. just the fact that the base model has 75 more hp than the new Mustang GT alone, says a lot.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:12 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,068,071 times
Wow that is one cool story on how you know Jimmie Johnson!

Old 04-09-2009, 05:15 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,933,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Wow that is one cool story on how you know Jimmie Johnson!
For sure gdude For sure...

Old 04-09-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
For sure gdude For sure...

how are you this evening?

Old 04-09-2009, 06:40 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,831,748 times
We're all a little nervous and sad tonight gdude. http://newsok.com/grass-fires-burnin...ad_story_photo

Oklahoma Wildfires

Old 04-09-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
We're all a little nervous and sad tonight gdude. http://newsok.com/grass-fires-burnin...ad_story_photo

Oklahoma Wildfires

So sorry to hear that. I hope things will clear up soon.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:13 PM

2 posts, read 5,367 times
Default Looking for Someone

My husband and I found some very very old Deeds hidden behind a wall in this truck we bought several years ago. Some of them are dated back in 1954. The man's name was John W Proctor his wife was Jessie May Proctor they were from Caddo Oklahoma. Can anyone tell me if they are still alive or if they have living relatives that might want these?

Old 04-09-2009, 07:35 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,831,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlmark View Post
My husband and I found some very very old Deeds hidden behind a wall in this truck we bought several years ago. Some of them are dated back in 1954. The man's name was John W Proctor his wife was Jessie May Proctor they were from Caddo Oklahoma. Can anyone tell me if they are still alive or if they have living relatives that might want these?
Searching the net I found someone who has those people in their family tree... The person's email is on this page: RootsWeb: PROCTOR-L [PROCTOR-L] Proctor's in Oklahoma

Try sending her an email and if it doesn't work out, post back and I will dig further. Good Luck! Old stuff like that is a genealogists DREAM!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma