Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 04:36 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times

Advertisements

There's "Pro-Cuts".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 11:01 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,067,984 times
I would be happy to find someone who could do micro-braids that will stay in my hair. I am Caucasian and when we went on a cruise to the Islands (western Caribbean) on our honeymoon I had my hair braided. I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!! I can't find anyone in Tulsa or NE Oklahoma that can (and will) braid it that way. The "Caucasian" salons look at me like I have lost my mind, everyone I know that is ethnic, either AA or mixed that does braids has a "friend" or an "Aunt" or someone like that to do their hair.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:27 AM

2 posts, read 19,695 times
Natural hair care products in Oklahoma vist gonatural247.com or visit facebook Go Natural 24/7 |The Healthy Hair and Skin Cafe' | Facebook

If you have naturally wavy, kinky, curly, or relaxed hair you will love our products. Your hair needs moisture to retain length...let us show you how!

Old 03-13-2011, 09:37 AM

2 posts, read 19,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
I am a stylist who works with Caucasian and African hair and there are drastic differences. If you don't get the right educated stylist who is knowledgeable and dedicated to proper hair care rather than just good styling practices, then you may be in for a huge disappointment and jacked up hair as a result! There is a science to working with ethnic hair...

Glamrk you are awesome! Many people don't understand that there are white stylists who have taken the time to understand black hair, but you have to find them and it's rare! If you watched Chris Rock's movie "Good Hair," you will have noticed that one of the most popular hair stylists for black women in Atlanta is a gay white man. Black women can't get enough of him! It can be a task and a challenge if you don't understand the structure and fragility of black hair under different circumstances, so it's important to find the RIGHT STYLIST rather than any stylist!

You can end up with a difference of

She looks beautiful in both, but you see my point!
Solange Knowles choose to cut her hair off to go natural. This was not a result of going to the wrong hairdresser. Many women of color are choosing to embrace their natural hair rather than chemically relaxing. It's a personal choice to do either. Yes, Solange does looks beautiful both ways.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:23 AM

2 posts, read 10,335 times
well I am born and bread in tulsa the best salons in the area are: renita's on apache, masters of hair on north lewis, and hair 2000 on 21st and yale (south). there are others popping up around but the three mentioned are the best by far. Sorry not too many tree braiders here. There is one girl that may could refer you her name is Daniel Bell just ask around she is a good braider.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:47 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
One of the best hair stylists is in N, OK. She's blind and only works with bald women.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:09 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
One of the best hair stylists is in N, OK. She's blind and only works with bald women.
LOL...You are too funny. You and my husband have the same sense of humor. BTW Where is everyone in the Ohio chat?

Old 06-12-2011, 04:42 PM

180 posts, read 668,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthyhair247 View Post
Solange Knowles choose to cut her hair off to go natural. This was not a result of going to the wrong hairdresser. Many women of color are choosing to embrace their natural hair rather than chemically relaxing. It's a personal choice to do either. Yes, Solange does looks beautiful both ways.
Its easy to "choose" to chop and go natural after a bad experience in the salon chair.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 9,459 times
Hi I'm Julius. And I'm also the proud owner of City Cuts and Design Group. Locate at 2501 n.e. 23rd st. I have a full service salon that can take care of your hair needs.. Call us and set an appointment. 405 -523-2136

Old 04-23-2012, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 8,892 times
Default I know that you are unaware

I know you made this statement out of ignorance. I have been to salons that greeted me with "Sorry we don't do black hair" The next best is "Sorry the girl that does black hair is not here today" . Honey you have to admit that this has probably not and never will happen to a blonde, redhead or brunette. The black hair salons are needed please don't take offense just know that this happens every day here in oklahoma and the only way to stop it is to have people trained in doing black hair ...God Bless.
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfielder View Post
Wait. Do you mean to tell me that there are salons just for people with black hair? Do the Blondes and Redheads have their own place, too?

jk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma