Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 9,129 times

Advertisements

I know what MMGrant means. I am staying in Tulsa and working in Talhequah, I see lots of other folk.
I have been to a church on Greenwood, Vernon, but I forgot to ask.
There is not a "visible" Black community as I drive up and down the streets.
I have lived and worked in a few cities and the black areas are "visible", the church is on what is now a college campus.
Some one did mention Stroud's (I think) on Harvard, gee like I know where that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 01:55 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,028,976 times
Platinum Salon is pretty good...

(918) 286-8634
6808 S Memorial Dr # 206 Tulsa, OK 74133 *ask for Tasha

Good luck!

Old 06-26-2009, 10:12 AM

1 posts, read 8,965 times
I'm from Oklahoma and I go to Anastasia's salon. She's great with ebony styles and makes me look good on each visit. I highly recommend that you visit her at last once to see what she can do to your hair. You wont need another hair stylist after you give Anastasia one try.

Anastasia
Hair Stylist, Oklahoma City, OK
]http://www.stylebyanastasia.com
Dragonfly Hair Salon (405) 843-3359

Old 07-01-2009, 08:29 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
I've only seen closed up saloons.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:48 AM

1 posts, read 8,417 times
is that all ur hair 918...???

Old 12-17-2009, 11:59 AM

28 posts, read 103,165 times
Anastasia opened her own booth. You can reach her at 405-889-0404 or at www.StyleByAnastasia.com

Old 03-23-2010, 07:05 AM

1 posts, read 7,837 times
I am a white hair stylist searching for education on black hair. I am disgusted with the smart mouth remarks about "your neck of the woods" and "salons for black hair" If you had any education, you'd know that black hair and white hair are completely different structures and require completely different hair care that most white hair stylists are CLUELESS about. Would you go to a stylist that was clueless how to do your foils or color? Of course not. So shut your stupid mouth, because anyone who says "neck of the woods" is obviously backwoods stupid.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:24 AM

180 posts, read 668,495 times
Those are the same people who like to whine about "Why is there no White history month or White entertainment television channel". Typical Tea Party supporter Rhetoric.

White people are more than welcome to have their hair done in Black salons. The chemicals used may have a different effect on their scalps and roots, but hey, its a free country.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:32 AM

493 posts, read 717,436 times
I am a stylist who works with Caucasian and African hair and there are drastic differences. If you don't get the right educated stylist who is knowledgeable and dedicated to proper hair care rather than just good styling practices, then you may be in for a huge disappointment and jacked up hair as a result! There is a science to working with ethnic hair...

Glamrk you are awesome! Many people don't understand that there are white stylists who have taken the time to understand black hair, but you have to find them and it's rare! If you watched Chris Rock's movie "Good Hair," you will have noticed that one of the most popular hair stylists for black women in Atlanta is a gay white man. Black women can't get enough of him! It can be a task and a challenge if you don't understand the structure and fragility of black hair under different circumstances, so it's important to find the RIGHT STYLIST rather than any stylist!

You can end up with a difference of

She looks beautiful in both, but you see my point!

Old 02-05-2011, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 6,732 times
918-

I live in Tulsa also and I have been trying to locate a salon or person that knows how to "Tree Braid" too. I have lived overseas for 2 1/2 years and I have been going to a salon in Dubai called "Olita's" to get my hair done. These ladies are from Africa and Ethiopia and they can do hair. Since I've been home I have not found anyone who does the technique, however; if you are looking for a good hair dresser my stylist name is TORI and she has been doing my hair for over 12 plus years. She is located on Greenwood close to the OSU college in the heart of Black Wall Street. Her number is 918-734-7250, let her know Ms. Mary sent you if you decide to try her out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma