Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 03:23 PM

840 posts, read 3,466,775 times

Advertisements

Found you some interesting info on Cushing:
CUSHING, OKLAHOMA ~ THE TOWN AND ITS PEOPLE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 09:48 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Thanks for the interesting link about Cushing. It mentioned Ghost Hollow. I always wondered where it was but never found it for sure. I know exactly where one spooky place is in Payne County. It's the Dunkin Bridge area where it crosses the Cimarron River. It was really at it's spookiest prior to the great flood of 1986 when it was just an old one lane wooden bridge that made a lot of noise when one drove across it. The flood carried that awful bridge away and it's not scary now that it's built back as a modern two lane bridge.

But what's really scary is what lies about a mile south of that bridge. It's the neatly maintained Dunkin Family Plot. But almost next to it is said to be a small old Indian cemetary. It's poorly taken care of. One time my friend was out there fooling around and with one foot nearly fell through one of the graves. I also heard that one night a bunch of people went out there to have a party. Somebody yelled they saw a ghost and the party quickly got the hell out of there. Who knows? Maybe the place I'm talking about is Ghost Hollow!

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 08-09-2008 at 09:58 PM..

Old 08-12-2008, 12:29 PM

2 posts, read 15,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Thanks for the interesting link about Cushing. It mentioned Ghost Hollow. I always wondered where it was but never found it for sure. I know exactly where one spooky place is in Payne County......Who knows? Maybe the place I'm talking about is Ghost Hollow!
I do believe that is Ghost Hollow! I've been there before when I was younger but never since I've been old enough to get there myself. My friends and I would have hayrides through ghost hollow.... fun times...

Thanks for the information! I just wish I could find more pictures....

Old 12-28-2009, 03:23 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,342,065 times
My daughter is night RN at the Cushing Hospital. She loves the area.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,964 times
I need some help finding Ghost Hollow. Im plannin to head out there this halloween with some friends. Can someone give me some easy directions please. Thanks

Old 10-09-2010, 11:17 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Well, when going south on highway 18, headed toward Ripley, just before you get to the bridge, you turn left to get on the river road and keep going, surely less than a mile, or so, until the road turns north. There along the side of the road is probably where kids hang out late at night to get drunk, until someone screams they see a ghost and then everyone panics and gets the hell out of there. Somewhere, a little further north from there, near an oil well on private land is where ghost hollow is. However, the tree where someone was hanged from is supposedly gone. Or, maybe not?? Still, though, the area is kinda spooky from all the heavy forested growth. The road going north out of the area is called Bethel Road and trees arch over it, and so it's kinda like you're driving through a tunnel. It helps make things spooky. Maybe there's someone else more familiar with the area than I am.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:38 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,532,525 times
Thanks for the very nice photos, Stillwatertownie! I went to truck driving school in nearby Drumright (The Town of Oil Repute) and really enjoyed living in the area!

Old 07-21-2011, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,488 times
Lived in Cushing 37 to 41. Dad worked for Cushing Oil and played ball for the Cushing Oilers. Lived at 518 E.Cherry St. Was at the Duncan Theater opening. Pictures brought back some very old memories. Thanks

Old 11-03-2011, 09:40 AM

59 posts, read 104,672 times
Default train station

I wonder if a person would get in trouble for going in there, hmm..

Old 11-05-2011, 05:29 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,252,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.D. Arnold View Post
Lived in Cushing 37 to 41. Dad worked for Cushing Oil and played ball for the Cushing Oilers. Lived at 518 E.Cherry St. Was at the Duncan Theater opening. Pictures brought back some very old memories. Thanks
Family from California just moved in up the street from there. Small world. Given the addons to the house, it probably was smaller then.

She loves it here. I'd have loved to see downtown before it got so tired looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma