Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 06:46 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,662,160 times

Advertisements

With the employment rate so low, surely a number of companies won't come to Oklahoma, anyway, because there's so few people available for them to employ. It would probably be of most concern to companies that have mostly low paying jobs to offer, which surely isn't something we're desperate to have more of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 08:21 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,462,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techienomad View Post
Oklahoma sucks, stay away from there. It's spooky, sever weather, and the people are rude. The place to be is California. I recommend people move to California, they'll love it. I repeat, stay away from Oklahoma.
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif (broken link)

Well, you did get the "weather" part right, but who I am to throw stones with my minus 50 degree winters?

Old 05-20-2008, 09:37 AM

8,052 posts, read 10,647,775 times
That's interesting, considering the fact that your major newspaper down there kept making those dire predictions that the new illegal immigration laws would absolutely devastate the economy of the state. Doesn't sound like a lot of economic devastation going on to me. .

Old 05-20-2008, 10:26 AM

142 posts, read 346,346 times
Default Checking Ok in august

To late for shhhh. I will be coming out in August to see if I like the area I am considering. My concern other than the reptiles,tornados is the job market. I am a medical assistant and have been searching but did not see any MA jobs. So MA's out there,I wanted to know if the pay scale is the same as here. In Maine have seen MA pay from 13 to low 20 an hour. How is it out there?

The other day I rode my horse out in the mtns for a few hours and felt completely safe. Is it safe to ride alone? What creatures would I have to worry about,legless,two legs or 4 legged?

Thanks,
Kris

Old 05-20-2008, 10:47 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,994,129 times
No idea about MA jobs or pay scale in Oklahoma. I am not involved in that area at all. I'm not even sure what one does. I suppose you wear those scrubs that I see all the time, and I'm sure they get paid enough to buy them, other than that........sorry.

Is it safe to ride alone. I've never had any problem, but I am probably bigger than you. Legless......not too much problem. Depending on where you ride, you MAY encounter the occasional rattler or moccasin or copperhead, but they are rare and keep off the paths that are available.

Two legged, no worse than anyplace else.

Four legged......neighborhood dogs are about it.

You can carry here and we have a make my day law in place so if one of the above harasses you, you can legally blow their buts away.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:52 PM

330 posts, read 970,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk590 View Post
To late for shhhh. I will be coming out in August to see if I like the area I am considering. My concern other than the reptiles,tornados is the job market. I am a medical assistant and have been searching but did not see any MA jobs. So MA's out there,I wanted to know if the pay scale is the same as here. In Maine have seen MA pay from 13 to low 20 an hour. How is it out there?

The other day I rode my horse out in the mtns for a few hours and felt completely safe. Is it safe to ride alone? What creatures would I have to worry about,legless,two legs or 4 legged?

Thanks,
Kris

Old 05-20-2008, 12:55 PM

708 posts, read 689,229 times
Quote:
Oklahoma sucks, stay away from there. It's spooky, sever weather, and the people are rude. The place to be is California. I recommend people move to California, they'll love it. I repeat, stay away from Oklahoma.
i took that seriously and was going to beat u up haha but at the end i was like ohh!! ok

Old 05-20-2008, 09:19 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,442,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Okie_Girl View Post
i took that seriously and was going to beat u up haha but at the end i was like ohh!! ok
It took me afew minutes to catch on too

Old 05-30-2008, 11:34 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,489,298 times
Quote:
Grew up in California met more rude people there than anywhere. I think Oklahoma people are awesome, friendly and very welcoming since I have been here

Old 05-30-2008, 11:35 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,489,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Okie_Girl View Post
Oh ok it was a joke....whew! that scared me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma