Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 04:03 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,662,160 times

Advertisements

Hopefully, it works out good for them, even though they apparently haven't heard how bad of a state Oklahoma can be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WX7...&feature=share
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 05:56 AM

641 posts, read 1,074,172 times
Why, bad because it is possible to start a successful business in Oklahoma, without impossible gov't permits like in California?

Or because it is tougher to get food stamps in Oklahoma?

Productive middle class people are exiting California, to make room for their welfare class. Glad I got to see California before the collapse.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:07 AM

24,624 posts, read 10,947,984 times
They will swim or sink. Not everyone moves to OK to get on welfare. It would actually be interesting to see some numbers in regards to welfare recipients and what tax dollars are moving to OK.

Old 04-28-2018, 11:28 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,824,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Hopefully, it works out good for them, even though they apparently haven't heard how bad of a state Oklahoma can be.
As long as you are white, conservative, Republican, heterosexual, and are the right kind of Christian (Baptist) then Oklahoma isn't too bad.

Old 04-28-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
As long as you are white, conservative, Republican, heterosexual, and are the right kind of Christian (Baptist) then Oklahoma isn't too bad.
Only if you have no drive.

Old 04-28-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teakboat View Post
Why, bad because it is possible to start a successful business in Oklahoma, without impossible gov't permits like in California?

Productive middle class people are exiting California, to make room for their welfare class. Glad I got to see California before the collapse.
Life is how you make it in Oklahoma.

Some businesses in Stillwater have closed, due to not being able to pay state income taxes. That's why I tend to be sympathetic to abolishing the corporate income tax in Oklahoma. But we got vacant headed idiots at the state capitol who don't know how to run state government in a sound and rational manner. So they raise taxes on gas not to help roads and bridges, but rather education. I suppose its better than doing nothing with the gas tax.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 04-28-2018 at 01:14 PM..

Old 04-28-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Decent paying jobs are hard to come by in Stillwater. Maybe that family will have to work at fast food places and restaurants to make sure they can keep the lights on at their nice new home.

Old 04-28-2018, 06:14 PM

Just on a small scale - So's department has ten members, all professionals in their field and educators. None are from Oklahoma. All decided to bring their families and make Oklahoma the place to stay and raise their kids. All wives work but the one on terminal cancer. I brought my job with me. They all bought houses, joined their communities and are active.
Bawa, Stillwater - what are you contributing in the community?

Old 04-28-2018, 06:45 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,275,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WX7...&feature=share
The couple with older kids, maybe they'll not miss too much as they look like high school kids.

The couple with all the little one....PLEASE say no. Read about how the schools for kids that age range are failing their kids so badly, even if their tearchers try hard, since education just IS'NT of any importance to the good old boys. And you can't blame teachers who move to California since they deserve pay meeting their level of training.

My son is married and an adult, but if I had a kid of school age I absolutely would not EVER move here.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:11 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,563,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teakboat View Post
Oklahoma has a higher % of its population on food stamps than California.

15% of Oklahoma's population relies on food stamps:
https://www.cbpp.org/sites/default/f...t_oklahoma.pdf

In California it's only 10%:
https://www.cbpp.org/sites/default/f...california.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma