Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 10:34 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,454,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You mean the ones that DON'T want to change to legalizing and regulating marijuana like alcohol.
I probably got it mixed up... it's just aggravating when those who have never posted here before come in and rail against anyone. I realize the site is open for anyone from anywhere(unfortunately).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 05:00 PM

2,464 posts, read 2,487,798 times
Why can't the Indian tribes don't sell marijuana since they are considered a sovereign nation?

Old 07-12-2014, 06:44 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,555,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Why can't the Indian tribes don't sell marijuana since they are considered a sovereign nation?
You mean to go along with "the car tags they get for nothing"?

Just to clarify, the Indian tribes ALREADY do not sell marijuana. My god.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:25 AM

2,403 posts, read 5,244,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
It's strange the ones who want the change are the ones who get themselves into a state of hysteria when they post. Imo, the ones who do that are the losers and need to return to the rock they came out from under.
You're being hysterical.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:28 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,092,542 times
Yep
The wildland fire here started yesterday by an illegal grower is five square miles now with ten percent containment and 1000 firefighters on the line...
Yep.. hysteria... not

Feel free to Google Shasta county fires

Coming soon to a county near you

Do I care about your one plant or you smoking dope and killing your brain in your home..nope...
Do I care when you want mass legalization for another intoxicant all your neighbors will pay the price for

You bet your sweet bippy I do...

I'm looking at Oklahoma as one of the places on my short list to move to..not having unfettered dopers would be great....

Let's hope reasonable conscious people vote appropriately ...

Old 07-13-2014, 03:35 PM

741 posts, read 916,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Yep
The wildland fire here started yesterday by an illegal grower is five square miles now with ten percent containment and 1000 firefighters on the line...
Yep.. hysteria... not
So, this is somehow an indictment on Marijuana legalization?

The outright stupidity on display with that implication is astonishing. You're very fortunate you've beaten Darwin thus far. People this slow usually wind up accidentally doing something fatal early in life like drowning in a puddle or drinking household chemicals in their teen years...

Old 07-13-2014, 10:03 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,092,542 times
As I have found with the pro drug crowd there are only insults.

Again... the facts demonstrate the legalization of an intoxicating narcotic is demonstrating in every arena to be a disaster

Drugged driving...up
Employees unable to complete clean drug tests...up
Social welfare tied to drug use ...up
Destruction of the environment tied directly to marijuana...up
Drug violence related to marijuana ...up
Exposure or marketing to minors...up

Which one of you pro druggies can work in public safety... the military.. any job that requires a clean drug test... answer... none of you...

Where is the drug you want to smoke going to come from ? Once the grows start everything goes to the dump...

Old 07-14-2014, 06:03 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,193,101 times
Those aren't facts if you can't cite reliable sources. Plus, you could also say...

Drugged driving...up (you could make the same argument for drinking and driving, texting and driving, eating and driving, driving with limited rest [like the wreck Tracy Morgan was in recently] etc.)
Employees unable to complete clean drug tests...up (if it's legal and someone does it, of course this going to happen, but you fail to point out that someone who smokes pot the night before will be fully sober and functional the next morning)
Social welfare tied to drug use ...up (this is a vast area that could include a lot of things, including things conservatives as yourself cause: limiting unemployment benefits, gay/lesbian teens running away from home, welfare for parents who can't afford the children they have [and abortion restrictions could make them have one] etc.)
Destruction of the environment tied directly to marijuana...up (if it's legal, it wouldn't have to be hidden; you also failed to mention destruction of the environment to grow a food supply and using pesticides, hormones and fertilizers... that comes from lack of regulation)
Drug violence related to marijuana ...up (legalizing it would decrease the demand from drug cartels and would reduce violence related to marijuana; drug violence would still exist for other illegal drugs Americans will get one way or another)
Exposure or marketing to minors...up (you're projecting your own morality on others. While you could obviously make this case for alcohol commercials and cigarette ads in magazines, you could also make the claim that companies/organizations market objectionable and offensive material; Mormons knocking on your door is a form of primitive marketing, and that's something I find highly offensive because it's against my beliefs and invading my privacy, and if I had children I wouldn't want them exposed to it; political ads against your views can be deemed offensive; junk food companies advertising to children is something you may not want kids exposed to with the obesity epidemic so rampant in this country)

You're also saying that people who do that will work in public safety. Bringing up alcohol again, not a single job in that area will allow employees to have alcohol so many hours before a shift, including flight attendants and pilots. However, I can tell you from experience that they do it anyway. Beyond that, pretty much every company has no-tolerance policies on inebriation at work, and the vast majority of people do not drink on the job or show up to work drunk. Why are you so convinced people who smoke pot will do that? I can guarantee you that legalizing marijuana will get companies scrambling to add that to their code of conduct.

And to enlighten you on your first statement: people are going to insult you when you insult their intelligence.

Last edited by dvxhd; 07-14-2014 at 06:12 AM..

Old 07-14-2014, 08:34 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,997,619 times
Quote:
Which one of you pro druggies can work in public safety... the military.. any job that requires a clean drug test....
Actually, if weed is no longer considered a drug and illegal, testing positive for it is no longer a problem, is it? No worse than showing up on the job drunk.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:28 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,671,593 times
Quote:
As I have found with the pro drug crowd there are only insults.

Again... the facts demonstrate the legalization of an intoxicating narcotic is demonstrating in every arena to be a disaster

Drugged driving...up
Employees unable to complete clean drug tests...up
Social welfare tied to drug use ...up
Destruction of the environment tied directly to marijuana...up
Drug violence related to marijuana ...up
Exposure or marketing to minors...up

Which one of you pro druggies can work in public safety... the military.. any job that requires a clean drug test... answer... none of you...

Where is the drug you want to smoke going to come from ? Once the grows start everything goes to the dump...
Leave pot smokers alone. It shouldn't be too hard to. Cops leave alone alcohol drinkers and tobacco smokers in their own homes, even though they're risking their health in doing that. And if word gets out a store is selling alcohol or cigarettes to kids, the response from the cops is never a SWAT raid, which are sometimes fatal. So stop the murderous nonsense by legalizing cannabis for God's sakes.

Too many people are getting shot and killed, sometimes totally innocent ones, from the result of attempting to enforce cannabis prohibition. All you want to do about our country's drug problems is to keep up the killings by cops and gang members continuing as you make yourself look foolish in defending one of the government's worst failing programs, the drug war. If the war on drugs was a success, no one would have to worry about failing a drug test. No wonder why they do. Narcs say they only seize 10% of the underground drug market. So what we have going on is really a war on people, too often killing them, rather than a war on drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma