Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 08:03 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,479,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrebel View Post
speaking for me medical is good, but full legalization is better. thats why I mentioned full legalization. its time to end the prohibition. There is no reason for marijuana to be illegal. any reason people give could apply to alcohol, and we all know how badly prohibition turned out.
At least you're honest about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 12:12 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,350,993 times
ROTHFLOL. When I moved to NE OK and ran into that archaic wall of booze induced nonsense, I drove 10 miles to a one stop liquor store on the OK/MO border that sold BBQ and stayed open late most nights. I bought a case of wine, a six-pack of Bud, and snacks. It was a novel experience. I no longer had to waste time and drive all over Grove to get the same things. I bought everything in one store and paid less tax. Five miles farther gasoline wes 10 cents a gallon cheaper with less tax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
It would be funny if we got to vote on medical marijuana before we got to vote on wine in grocery stores.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:15 PM

Oklahomans are still constrained under archaic alcohol consumption laws. If you are afraid of it, put a yoke of silly laws on it, and add high taxes to it. Surely it will go away. No, residents will find a way to circumvent st00pid; they always do.

I had skin is the MM game as my daughter had a Rx script to buy and a license to carry from California. The growers are licensed, and only a select group of drug stores are licensed to dispense it. I read her script and the license. When it ceased to work she was moved into more powerful drugs and died in a lightly drug induced coma to release her from pain for a few short hours.

The cancer had invaded every organ of her body including the brain and caused strokes. It was diagnosed in '05. She died one week before the Sandy Hook massacre. Radiation, chemotherapy and several surgeries failed.

OTOH, her son is an idiot who thinks it's fine to smoke weed around the son who has lung issues and the newborn child. For this reason I am strongly against legalizing marijuana without controls.

The misfits, goofballs, druggies, and dealers spoil everything for everyone. They always did; they always will. People who are stoned have no clear purpose, no clear understanding of fact, or law, and are not conscientious drivers. They scare the H, E, double L, out of me.

Let's hope the boys in the playpen who make these laws learned something from the debacle of trying to legislate how and when people shall buy booze. . OKC loses thousands of dollars to nearby states. Forty years later they still view 'Near' beer is a panacea. It sends money over the state line faster than wine and booze.

Mary Jane has a purpose for some medical conditions, but it also has limits as to how much pain it can control. It is not opium or heroin which does control high levels of pain for prolonged periods. The strongest meds are administered in a hospital, and by qualified hospice nurses. It's a curse and a blessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrebel View Post
speaking for me medical is good, but full legalization is better. thats why I mentioned full legalization. its time to end the prohibition. There is no reason for marijuana to be illegal. any reason people give could apply to alcohol, and we all know how badly prohibition turned out.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:41 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,960,398 times
I look forward to moving to OK. HOpefully I'll get there in time to vote against MM. What people seem to always forget is that drugs lose their effectiveness the longer they are used. Like Alcohol. Someone who rarely uses it. A little can make them drunk. But some people can develop such a tolerance for it that they can guzzle all day. Same with other drugs. MM will only work for so long and then the uses will be looking for something stronger.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:35 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,721,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I look forward to moving to OK. HOpefully I'll get there in time to vote against MM. What people seem to always forget is that drugs lose their effectiveness the longer they are used. Like Alcohol. Someone who rarely uses it. A little can make them drunk. But some people can develop such a tolerance for it that they can guzzle all day. Same with other drugs. MM will only work for so long and then the uses will be looking for something stronger.
So augiedogie, obviously you feel quite strongly that society is so much safer off keeping sales of marijuana underground, out of sight and under the control of criminals who may have worse drugs to sell to kids. Let's, instead, get this plant legalized and regulated. The government only loses control over substances it tries to ban and leads to innocent lives being taken.

If marijuana actually works as a gateway drug to stronger drugs, there would be many more people who are addicts of stronger drugs, such as heroin and cocaine.

I gather you do not know that people owe their lives and their ability to support themselves to medical marijuana, such as one of the four legal federal medical marijuana patients, who each get a tin can of 300 joints free from the government every month. This has gone on for them for more than 25 years. You can't tell marijuana has harmed their health at all. They each got physical exams in 2001 to confirm it. It's not fair to deny millions of people with difficult medical conditions to see if they can benefit from medical marijuana.

Meanwhile, there are some severely epileptic children in Oklahoma, who having the freedom to try medical marijuana oil, is there only hope to keep from dying or as a last resort having part of their brains removed. Conventional medicine has failed them. Moving to Colorado where it's legal can separate and work an awful hardship upon any family. Seriously, it's hard to imagine anybody, such as yourself, can be so cruel and terribly lacking in compassion for these children by denying them medical marijuana. So please, get enlightened about the wonders of medical marijuana as many others have done.

Prominent anti-marijuana people got enlightened about medical marijuana, changed their minds and no longer see why it should be banned. To name some:

Dr. Oz Changes Opinion on Medical Marijuana, Says it’s ‘Hugely Beneficial’
Dr. Donald Tashkin, anti marijuana researcher for the National Institute on Drug Abuse
Dr. David E. Krahl, Ph.D., former Deputy Director of the Drug Free America Foundation
John J. Dilulio, Jr., co-author - How to Win America's War Against Crime and Drugs
Nine Reasons Why Sanjay Gupta Changed His Mind About Marijuana

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 06-07-2014 at 11:45 AM..

Old 06-08-2014, 11:43 AM

The bottom line is yes, one can get stoned on weed. Some do it on occasion. Some do it daily. Those looking for a "trip" are the real problem. They don't stop at recreational use of weed. They actively seek the highly addictive dangerous drugs that create a false sense of well being. Many believe they are brilliant thinkers with exceptional skills. They are not; they are one problem to society. Hollywood types are in the news regularly for drug related incidents. If you don't want to go there, don't take the trip.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,362 times
Many not just a few, but many ill-health indivuals are at the point many already tried drugs just do not work. Instead the only resl good any of them do is linr pockets of the rich and healthy.
I honestly believe God did not create it to create convicts. Read the Bible ENTIRELY and no skipping pages

Old 06-16-2014, 01:36 PM

69 posts, read 128,731 times
Oklahoma Lawmaker Wants To Legalize Marijuana Because It's God's 'Miraculous' Creation

Hope it gets enough signatures and shows up on the ballot.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:07 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,354,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
It would be funny if we got to vote on medical marijuana before we got to vote on wine in grocery stores.
That cracked me up!

Old 06-25-2014, 06:34 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,351,213 times
There was a poll done in Oklahoma about a year ago. I am not sure who conducted it, but I read about it in The Gazette I believe. The criteria of the poll was pretty dense. They attempted to capture all age groups, rural and urban populations, people of different ethnicities and so on.

The results of the poll indicated that something like 70% of those polled favored medical marijuana and 56% of those polled supported legalization of pot across the board, statewide.

Obviously this doesn't mean we're on the brink of legalization, but I was surprised by the findings.

My reefer-smoking days are way behind me, so I don't have a dog in this fight. But I do endorse legalization. Legalize it and tax the bejeezus out of it I say.

It's amusing all these so-called "small government" neo-cons. It's such a huge, huge, lie. Nothing "small" about the government they want to see. They want continued prohibition for pot. They support invasions of sovereign nations with no justification. They want to limit or do away with personal reproductive rights. They want to dictate what consenting adult couples can marry. They are vociferously for anything that gives more money and power to businesses and corporations while demonizing social programs designed to help the less fortunate. They are pro-faith-based initiatives. They believe in allowing creationist nonsense being forcibly taught in public schools, etc., etc.

These neo-cons are the worst, most vile kind of huge excessive government nanny staters possible.

What's funny is that true conservatives would never support such things, or the interference in the private lives of free citizens that modern-day Republicans heed as their battle-cry and call-to-arms.

And no, this isn't a shout out for the #@%& Democratic Party. I despise those cretins equally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma