Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 03:36 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,942,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Met a man today who was 91 in Wal mart. He said he retired and moved to Atwood to take care of his mom. I was wondering, if he is 91, how old is his mom??!!
Goodness! Is this true? Jeez, she must be at least 110 or thereabouts. You're right redbird, those were different times. Some good, some bad. Thanks for the story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 06:47 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,626,748 times
Thanks for the tip on the cemetery, Redbird. I like poking around in country cemeteries too, along with looking at old buildings. Just the other day we were looking around in the John Brown cemetery west of Sasakwa. Unfortunately, it is so overgrown hardly anything could be seen. A fall or winter day will be better to go back there. If fall ever comes that is. Why are we still having these 80 degree days? Better than 100 though.

I like hearing all the stories people have to tell. People still do take potshots at each other around here sometimes, according to the gossip I hear. Good thing they are poor shots.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Why are we still having these 80 degree days? Better than 100 though.
I could only WISH for 80 degree days here in DFW! It's been 93 and 94 degrees for the last five days here, and it's not supposed to go below 90 until Tuesday of next week. Even then it's supposed to be in the upper 80s. It sucks, plain and simple. I would've thought after all of the rain and such we were going to have an early Fall, but that danged Mexican Plume (as the meteorologists call it) is stuck over us now, instead of when it is supposed to be here back in the summer. It's not overbearingly hot, but I am ready for Fall, it's October for crying out loud!

Old 10-05-2007, 08:15 AM

I guess there are some advantages to living "up north"

Today's high is supposed to be about 89. Enough already!

Old 10-05-2007, 11:42 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,553,551 times
Default Went to town to get Lottery tickets and ...

Just came out of the Post Office when the Police siren hits me...

It's a PARADE!!! cool!

The Holdenville Homecoming Parade was heading out! So.... out comes the Kodak moments... I like the ornery lookin little brother in back of the cab...

Next comes the band, all 15 of them. If the drummer had a beanie on, he would look like the bully on the The Simpsons...!

Next come the football studs... all full of attitude and bravado.. as it should be.

Moments later, this girl hikes it and then catches a pass from the QB. TOUCHDOWN!! Awesome. I loved it. She made me laugh big time. A real ham for the camera. And we were still a block from the beginning of the parade. (look! she's wearin her "comfortable" shoes...)

These two were battling it out, but stopped long enough to hollar

This young lady is a REAL KNOCKOUT... wow. And I do mean WOW!

Buds. This pic reminds me of me. THe shy NDN kid with his two friends away from the spotlight. Brings back memories, eh?

OMG. Remember in Jr. High when girls were so baffling? Well, they still are...

Can't forget the lunch ladies... remember them? They are kinda crazy nowadays...

aww... these kids were cute.. scared and confused,.. but cute

My favorite, the BIG ol' 6th graders! Coach told me their record is 2 -1 and they face Okemah next.. Wooweee. been super sizing it and they are READY to RUMBLE!!!!

(sigh) its over

Almost forgot my lottery tickets, and some fried chicken on the way home. The big'n there is the cook and proprieter... He can cook, boy!

Well, shucks, the parades over. Saw this guy earlier headin for the parade, and now he's -a- headin home. That cadillac got REAL close to him and he raised his arm and shook his fist at them! Life in Holdenville, folks. Ya'll come back now, ya heah?!

Last edited by _redbird_; 10-05-2007 at 12:30 PM..

Old 10-05-2007, 12:00 PM

Default two more...

ENCORE! more!! more!!!

well, (sigh) oh, alriiiiight...

awwww, here's those kiddies....

Okay, I gotta ask... which one's the bear, I mean wolverwine????

Old 10-05-2007, 12:10 PM

close-up of the ornery lookin kid from the first pic...
He looks like he just got in trouble for something from his dad, the cop ...
or maybe he just doesn't like strangers taking pictures of his older sister and her frineds...

Old 10-05-2007, 03:14 PM

Thanks so much for the great photo blog of the parade Redbird! I missed it but you made it like I was there, plus your humorous as always comments really added to it. Can't say which one was my favorite because they are all my favorites. Hope you win the lottery.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:33 PM

Redbird, you sir, are a RIOT! Those pics and commentary were GREAT!

Thank you SIR!

Old 10-05-2007, 08:48 PM

The one and only! The amazing double-decker patio deck!
This is in Holdenville.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma