Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 10:49 PM

13 posts, read 100,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj(Shooter) View Post
I do remember hearing about a woman having a baby at LSH.I know when I saw the figure for the first time,I really didn't take a whole lot of time to see what it was that I was seeing.Believe me, she had scared the******** out of me.I just knew that I was actually seeing a figure of a woman that was floating in the air.You could be very right about her being a light blue glow and not white.All I know is that, I saw her; me and a couple others.She was nice until she tried to get ahold of our dude.He screamed out bloody murder that she was trying to take his soul, woke up almost everyone on A-block.He did **** himself!I have had a few too many encounters, especially when I worked for S&S; the basement crew.I have also seen equipment that I was told that they would use there on people.Shackles still mounted in the walls of certain rooms and on an on I could go about that place.She was not the only person that I heard that was killed there.I personally know a guy that worked there as a mental institute and a correctional facility.He is still alive today.Thank you for your reply,I do appreciate it.
There was an incident in S&S one time with Apple, it might of been before your time, but it's close, CO Angel and an Inmate were working in one of the caves in the S&S hallway down by the blower room, they were moving mattresses, they grabbed a mattress, moved it, and there was Apple, she asked them if they had seen her baby, they both broke camp, booking as fast as the could run towards the basement main hallway, they both ran full blast into the closed heavy bar gate that's at the entrance of S&S, this made quite a racket and they both were knocked to the floor from the impact with the gate, the color was gone from their face, they were really white, except for the horizontal red lines on their bleached white face from the impact with the gate. Jesse Commons, who was the white shirt that ran S&S at the time, came out of his office and looked at both of them laying on the floor, he didn't say anything, he just shook his head and walked away, after all it was Angel. note. Angel was the company whipping boy, you had to keep him on a short leash or he would screw up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 8,112 times
hello im philip niklas with the ohio exploration society in columbus ohio and i came accross your post and wanted to know if you already found the info you where looking for? if not me and my friend will be driving up to visit the state hospital in lime next sunday and would be happy to get a photo of this persons grave for you if your interested in it? let me know ok you can email me at philip@ohioexploratin.com

Old 04-30-2010, 08:17 PM

3 posts, read 24,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwidman View Post
My father (Richard C. Widman, now deceased) was one of the Plain Dealer writers that investigated and reported on lima State in the 70s. their stories appear in the booklet Chamber Of Horrors. I have a copy of this book.
Can you tell me whare to acquire a copy of this book?? I had an uncle there in the late 1930s, but I'm looking for any information pertaining to this hospital. Thank you

Anita

Old 04-30-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksohorg View Post
The cemetery is on Berryhill road, turn north onto Berryhill from Bluelick, go past a pond and some woods on your left, about 1/10 mile from Bluelick, you will see a beaten path with a gate/chain on your left, it borders the first house closest to the road, this is the path to the cemetery, the headstones are hit and miss, some have names and dates some have just numbers, this place is spooky as hell, your best bet is to just go, if someone questions you play dumb and ask forgiveness, if you seek permission from the state first, you'll never get to see it, and they will probably remove the stones, or do something stupid.
Hi...I'm looking for information of an inmate who died there in March of 1938. His death certificate states that he was buried in the hospital cemetery, but I cannot find a listing of those interred there anywhere. His name was Ulysses Hewett, born 1909 in Alabama. He was remanded to Mansfield Reformatory but after contracting TB, he was transferred to Lima State. I would like to find any repository that would have his records and hopefully a photo. I'd appreciate any help for information.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:21 PM

Which hospital cemetery, Lima State or the TB hospital. I can help you with the Lima State Hospital cemetery, but if he was buried out of the TB hospital I have no idea where they buried their dead.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:38 AM

Default Lima State Hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksohorg View Post
Which hospital cemetery, Lima State or the TB hospital. I can help you with the Lima State Hospital cemetery, but if he was buried out of the TB hospital I have no idea where they buried their dead.

Thank you for your response. His death certificate says:

Buried by: C.Y. Anthony
Burial: State Hospital Cemetery, Lima Ohio
March 7, 1938

NAme: Ulysses Hewett (African/American)
DOB Nov 4, 1909
DOD Mar 5, 1938

I appreciate your help.

Anita Hewett-Williams

Old 05-23-2010, 09:54 PM

If you have any type of number that was associated with his headstone that will help in case it doesn't have a name on it, I can also check it by his date of death, I will make a stop by the State Hospital cemetery and check the headstones, if I find anything I will take a picture and send it to you.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:13 PM

1 posts, read 7,829 times
Default Grandma FOX was a nurse at LSH 50's 60's

I'm not interested in the ghost stories, just real stories of real lives spent at this facility, buried at this facility. The history of this place is worth PBS or NBC or someone doing a full blown documentary. SAD it has not happened yet. So much information and good people with knowledge of the place are fading away. Feel free to email me with facts, photos, etc. Thanks. [EMAIL="billyoungpeter@hotmail.com"]billyoungpeter@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]

Old 07-07-2010, 09:25 PM

The ghost stories are real stories, very real.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:54 PM

1 posts, read 7,582 times
Default medical device from state hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by daileyhistoricalarchives View Post
Hello. Looking for individuals who may have material and/or stories relating to the Lima State Hospital for the Criminally Insane. Unfortunately as time passes, more and more mementos from the facility are thrown away. I am looking for ANYTHING from the hospital. Photos, badges, clothing, patient artwork, etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cordially,

The Dailey Historical Archives

please email at [EMAIL="bates1311@yahoo.com"]bates1311@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]
Attached Thumbnails
Lima State Hospital - Lima, Ohio-0817101148.jpg   Lima State Hospital - Lima, Ohio-0817101147.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio