Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:16 PM

13 posts, read 100,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa Scholl View Post
I am tryng to get acces to the cemetery. My great uncle spent over 30 years there. His letters home to his sister (my great grandmother) were pitiful. He was first sent to a local hospital and he killed a guard so he was sent to Lima. I am trying to locate his grave site. Any help would be apppreciated. I just now found the name of the cemetery after days of internet searching. He went there in 1910 and died in 1941.
The cemetery is on Berryhill road, turn north onto Berryhill from Bluelick, go past a pond and some woods on your left, about 1/10 mile from Bluelick, you will see a beaten path with a gate/chain on your left, it borders the first house closest to the road, this is the path to the cemetery, the headstones are hit and miss, some have names and dates some have just numbers, this place is spooky as hell, your best bet is to just go, if someone questions you play dumb and ask forgiveness, if you seek permission from the state first, you'll never get to see it, and they will probably remove the stones, or do something stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 02:53 PM

33 posts, read 170,978 times

Old 03-06-2010, 09:28 PM

The TB hospital was in Lima, it was a complete separate hospital, they had no connection with LSH, The Lima News did an lengthy piece about the TB hospital in the past couple years, go there and check their archives.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:30 PM

Ward 9 was a strong ward, we kept some real knuckleheads there with short fuses, I worked ward 9 several times

Old 03-06-2010, 09:42 PM

The story of how the LSH came to be, prior to it being built, the Governor of Ohio wanted to do some development in two cities to spur the economy, Lima being the larger of the two cities was offered one of two choices that the state would build, Lima chose the State Hospital for the Criminally Insane, they wanted the jobs that it would produce, the other city, got the choice that Lima didn't want, that choice became The Bowling Green State University, Lima got the hospital, and Bowling Green got the University.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:41 PM

4 posts, read 31,312 times
Default L.C.C. hauntings

I spend 6 years in lima correctional,from 1995 to 2001,and I can tell you things that I have heard there, experienced, as well as seen.I have more than one witness to test to this.I also know personally a men that was working there when the place was a mental institute and correctional faciallity.He knows first hand about alot of what actually went on there.Me and a couple of friends of mine was in block 1A when we saw a woman all dressed in white with slight glow to her.You heard her mumble the words "help me".In the same block,we had a friend one night,who was asleep,start screaming bloody murder while he was still sleeping.When we rushed down to our friend's cell,he was standing on his bed trying to get away fram a woman who he said was trying to get him.I have also worked for S&S in the basement and all around Lima, 3rd shift.I have heard many voices, screams, and slamming gates.What I had expierenced in that place made me a believer in ghosts, spirits, the afterlife;whatever you want to call it.Whatever went on in that place, you can just about believe in everything that you do hear about that place.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwidman View Post
My father (Richard C. Widman, now deceased) was one of the Plain Dealer writers that investigated and reported on lima State in the 70s. their stories appear in the booklet Chamber Of Horrors. I have a copy of this book.
Hi there!I spent 6 years behind those bars and have seen,heard and felt many things in that place.Ever since,I have looked everywhere their is to look for this book "Chamber of Horrors".If any way possible, will you contact me and let me know if there is any way possible to get a copy of this book?My email address is seven-time-champ@hotmail.com Thank you,Rj(shooter)

Old 03-09-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj(Shooter) View Post
I spend 6 years in lima correctional,from 1995 to 2001,and I can tell you things that I have heard there, experienced, as well as seen.I have more than one witness to test to this.I also know personally a men that was working there when the place was a mental institute and correctional faciallity.He knows first hand about alot of what actually went on there.Me and a couple of friends of mine was in block 1A when we saw a woman all dressed in white with slight glow to her.You heard her mumble the words "help me".In the same block,we had a friend one night,who was asleep,start screaming bloody murder while he was still sleeping.When we rushed down to our friend's cell,he was standing on his bed trying to get away fram a woman who he said was trying to get him.I have also worked for S&S in the basement and all around Lima, 3rd shift.I have heard many voices, screams, and slamming gates.What I had expierenced in that place made me a believer in ghosts, spirits, the afterlife;whatever you want to call it.Whatever went on in that place, you can just about believe in everything that you do hear about that place.
I tell this because I want everyone to know just what went on in that place.If you hadn't been there, it is so hard to tell your little bit of info and actually have people beleive you.The time my friend woke everyone up in his deadly scream,he actually yealed out,and I quote "she's trying to take my soul".You know who you are,we we're there with you. That was some expierence in itself.I will NEVER forget that, or everything else that I witnessed.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj(Shooter) View Post
The lady you speak of wore a real light blue flowing gown, it wasn't white, her name was Apple, she is probably the most seen ghost there, she used to work in the orchards, hence the name Apple, she was there for a long time, back in the day, before patient advocates, the administration could and would control all the visits to the Hospital, I mention this because Apple became pregnant allegedly from a staff member, the administration not knowing how to deal with this problem decided to keep Apple isolated, as well as denying her any visits from her family for the duration of her pregnancy, and her family did come and try to visit her but was told that she was sick and they were sent home.
When the administration found out she was pregnant it was well into her 7-8 month, to far along for an abortion, the administration was God back then, a lot of things were covered up, Apple gave birth to a baby girl, the baby was immediately taken away from her, she was told her baby had died, Apple suspected otherwise as well as being informed that her baby was indeed born alive, the baby was murdered by the staff, some speculation was thought that she was given up for adoption, but she wasn't, the administration liked to make sure that there weren't any loose ends.
Apple finally found out the truth of what happened to her baby, she then committed suicide by hanging herself, if you heard Apple say "help me, help me" then you were obviously were too scared to hang around and let her finish what she usually says, Apple is more known to say "help me, help me find my baby, I can't find my baby" also when Apple appears she is very calm, the air around her is cold, but you can smell the scent of apples, Apple, although very frightening, when you meet her for the first time, is a nice ghost, there are some there that are very evil, their stories can come at a later date.
Apple would still walk the halls of LSH, but with it being empty, I guess the next person to be in there would have some lonely ghost coming to see them in a hurry, I have had my own interactions with Apple, she scared the **** out of me the first couple of times I seen her, on my 3RD experience with her, I waited her out, I was with another staff member, we were in the basement around 2am, we were looking down the cave hallways as we were walking the long hall, as we passed under old ward 10, something caught the eyes of both of us, I asked him if he seen that, he said yeah, we stopped and went back, Apple was at the end of the cave hallway, she looked dead at us and asked if we seen her baby, I stood there, this time I was gonna stay, Apple started coming towards us, she wasn't walking or running but floating towards us at a fast rate, at this time I hear glass breaking screams, the person with me, or I should say, was with me, is screaming like a girl, and running faster than Jesse Owens, I looked at him run just for an instance, because of his scream I turned my head towards him, I turn back and Apple is about 20 feet from me, she is closing in fast, and just like that, she was gone, just disappeared into the air, I still about pissed myself, the guy that was with me did, he even did some #2 in his drawers, we went on, it was just another night in the bughouse.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:37 PM

I do remember hearing about a woman having a baby at LSH.I know when I saw the figure for the first time,I really didn't take a whole lot of time to see what it was that I was seeing.Believe me, she had scared the******** out of me.I just knew that I was actually seeing a figure of a woman that was floating in the air.You could be very right about her being a light blue glow and not white.All I know is that, I saw her; me and a couple others.She was nice until she tried to get ahold of our dude.He screamed out bloody murder that she was trying to take his soul, woke up almost everyone on A-block.He did **** himself!I have had a few too many encounters, especially when I worked for S&S; the basement crew.I have also seen equipment that I was told that they would use there on people.Shackles still mounted in the walls of certain rooms and on an on I could go about that place.She was not the only person that I heard that was killed there.I personally know a guy that worked there as a mental institute and a correctional facility.He is still alive today.Thank you for your reply,I do appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio