Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 05:42 PM

54 posts, read 212,023 times

Advertisements

Well, Ohio-17, where do I begin with you. Obviously you have not stepped outside your doorstep in Clyde Ohio you would have known that Clyde did in fact have a tattoo parlor for a brief time. It was in the downtown district. They closed their doors, probably due to spending all their money and time feeding the cops in this town. Talk about not making any sense? You obviously have no clue what you are saying..oh yeah, I would care that much about my neighbors grass that I would file a complaint. Not even close!!! My son was struck by a car and the police screwed up the police report so bad that the driver of the car was not even slapped on the wrist even with numerous witness verifying my son was not at fault!! So do not even attempt to talk condescending towards me!! As far as the cancer cluster is concerned, even though I have no so called statistics at hand like obviously you do...btw..where did you get those so called facts?? I would think that even eight out of your so called 2,220 is eight more children than should be. The toxic waste?? I am talking about whirpool not a plant that has not even been built yet!!! Where have you been??? Oh, I think you must be one of the chosen ones in the Clyde School system or you would feel the same way as most people I know that this town is all built on favoritism. In sports and all other aspects of Clyde. And that little crack about the t-ball team was petty, stupid and utterly childish. Grow Up Ohio-17!!! You have no clue!! I live by a park where I see more drug activity than ever, a park that has poor, broken equipment not even safe for anyone, and I know what goes on in the school systems, I have four teenagers in it!! I think you are sadly wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 07:47 AM

MOD CUT What the city police does when they are ON duty is what concerns me. I could care less what they do with the off duty time. Some of my children have played sports throughout the years and I have witness first hand what it takes for players to be played. Have you? As for moving, I plan on it. I am out of here the first chance I get. In the meantime I will continue to complain and voice my opinion. I stay in Clyde for only a few reasons, my children to finish high school and my widowed mother and sister. Btw...I thought this was the clyde forum, not the city of Fremont forum.

Last edited by NewToCA; 09-30-2008 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 07-17-2008, 10:11 AM

1 posts, read 4,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyD6
Just wanted to reply to this idiotic message you have written, first of all if your kid or any kid was good enough at whatever sport it was they were trying out for they would have made the team. ABout your comment on the city police officers it is not any of your business what they do in their free time. If you feel Clyde is such a horrible place why do you live there! Why don't you move to Ghetto Fremont. Quit complaining about your life and do something about it.
Alright, Dizzy. I am WedOnSamhain's son. So, according to you, it is not our business what the cops do on their free time. Well, it is our business when they are on DUTY. They are supposed to be doing their job, not sitting up at Timeless Tattoos for as long as it was their stuffing their fat faces full of donuts. Instead of protecting and serving, they were getting fat and inked.

Also, you say that if we think it is so bad that we should move to Fremont. This thread has nothing to do with Fremont at all in any form. That town is already ****ed up beyond repair with drugs, crime, and prostitutes. Clyde is not too far behind it. I have walked around the town and all I see is drunks staggering out of the bars, kids and adults smoking weed in the back woods of community park, and people making out in the alleys. Now, you tell us to move to Fremont, when it feels like we already have.

So as my final word. Do not think we are just some people who complain about nothing. I would bet that about 80 percent of Clyde would agree with me and my mother. You have no idea what you are talking about, so butt the **** out of this thread.

thank you and have a drug filled life,

finiteforever

Old 07-29-2008, 06:38 PM

Well, as I so eloquently stated in my previous and numerous posts in regards to Clyde being a joke. I have realized that many other Clyde residents feel the same way as I do. Our (choke) beloved leader of our school systems is being investigated for "improper" purchase orders...etc. and is put on paid leave, ( which I find ridiculous being paid to sit at home, I call that vacation..lol ) while he is being investigated. If you read through the forums and comments online at the sanduskyregister.com or thenews-messenger.com you will see that I am soooo not alone in feeling the way I do about Clyde. I hope you take some time to read through the comments and replies and you will understand why this town angers me in so many ways.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:05 AM

12 posts, read 43,552 times
i agree with dizzy

Old 09-29-2008, 01:36 PM

Default fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedOnSamhain View Post
Thank you so much 1dscriver for pointing out the obvious...a product of your environment. You are very intelligent with your eloquent words. I really don't know what your point is, and truthfully, I don't care. If you would have written an actual response with reasoning and arguments, I might have agreed or disagreed. All your response proves to me is that you are a sad, uneducated individual that cannot prove or disprove a point.
if you want a actual response well fine

i think that you MOD CUT because it is none of your business what cops
do in there spare time if they have tattos who cares it is there body and what they do with it is none of your concern...

also i have never seen people staggering out of bars, people smoking weed in the community park, or people making out in the alleys and you cant tell me to get out more because i am very active i am almost never home except for 1 hour after school

Last edited by NewToCA; 09-30-2008 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 09-30-2008, 01:18 AM
JRE

70 posts, read 321,585 times
A closed dump (landfill) is located on Clyde's drinking water source. Most closed dumps contain cancer-causing chemicals. There is a cancer cluster in Clyde. Are there more closed dumps?

Old 09-30-2008, 07:53 AM

i will find out if there are any more closed dumps in clyde

Old 10-06-2008, 08:17 AM

JRE your are right there are some closed dumps near our water source and i found out that a long time ago there used to be a big one near republic with a bunch of stuff in it i dont know for sure but it think that that could be causing the cancer cluster near clyde.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,391 times
Based on findings of a recent study researchers have linked breathing cancer-causing compounds during pregnancy to an increased risk of childhood cancer among offspring. They also believe that nearly all childhood cancers can probably be traced back to a mothers inhalation of noxious substances. The study compared a chemical emissions map with all children age 15 and younger who died from leukemia and other cancers between 1968 and 1980. Results showed kids who were born within a one-kilometer radius of emissions hotspots were two- to four times more likely to succumb to childhood cancer than those born outside of the hotspots. The highest risks were found for those born near hotspots for the non-methand volatile organic compound 1,3-butadiene and carbon monoxide. Some other substances were particulate matter, nitrogen oxides (which come from the burning of oils, particularly engine oils), other non-methane volatile organic compounds besides 1,3- butadiene (such as benzene and benz(a)pyrene), and dioxins. Researchers conclude saying that results of their study point to a need for new policy regulatioons aimed at controlling cancer-causing atmospheric emissions, particularly 1,3- butadiene, along with a redirection of childhood cancer research to determine the exact timing of chemically determined air mediated cancer initiations. The familiar fresh-paint smell comes courtesy of potentially cancer-causing volatile organic compounds (VOCs), solvents that end up in the air as each coat dries. This might be a start at looking toward finding a place where the mothers had a common link with a painting business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio