Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 02:19 PM

1 posts, read 5,638 times

Advertisements

I've recently written a diary about the cancer cluster in Clyde. Check it out if you get a chance. Daily Kos: The EPA and CDC, Juvenile Cancer, and Clyde, Ohio (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/2/8/91927/16721/992/452584 - broken link)

Last edited by Lupeyg2; 02-08-2008 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: fix link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 11:53 AM

2 posts, read 7,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WedOnSamhain View Post
The city is filling the air with something that is causing cancer to ruin the lives of many children in the area.

They want to put some other type of plant in the area that is powered by burning tires and automobile fluff??

The city cops have not learned how to fill out a proper police report. Maybe because they are too busy hanging out at the local tattoo shop wasting our tax dollars.

The school sports programs are filled with favoritism. Its not hey that kid can play. Its how much money does his or her family make?
Are you kidding me...again...are you kidding me...tattoo shop...that one is knew to me...pretty sure we do not have one...

And being a recent former Flier...The best player plays...coaches tend to teach that you have to know your role on the field, court, etc. Its not little league anymore...not everyone will get a chance to play...a lot of the kids have grasped this concept its about time the parents did to. I myself did not play much till my senior year. I learned it takes a certain drive and dedication to be the best. From my personal experience...some kids in Clyde still have a bit of a problem with dedication. mainly during the summer. A lot of kids skip some of summer lifting and conditioning. You have to be dedicated year round for all the sports at the High school. If you are doing other sports than you are still training for the next season. If you are just sitting at home you are doing no good to the team or yourself...

Last edited by antny692003; 02-29-2008 at 12:55 PM..

Old 04-01-2008, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 5,667 times
I agree the cancer ordeal is scary. What I find even more frightening is that Clyde McPherson Middle School just re-hired a lady (Lynne Wagner) that was reported last year to the school for showing provocative pictures and poems as well as sex surveys to her drama students on her Myspace page. The school has tried to be real quiet about it. It is unbelievable to me that they would elect to hire this woman to be director and advisor of the drama club at the school once again, but they have and she is directing another play "Seussical".

Old 05-27-2008, 07:32 AM

2 posts, read 11,021 times
Quote:
The city is filling the air with something that is causing cancer to ruin the lives of many children in the area.

They want to put some other type of plant in the area that is powered by burning tires and automobile fluff??

The city cops have not learned how to fill out a proper police report. Maybe because they are too busy hanging out at the local tattoo shop wasting our tax dollars.

The school sports programs are filled with favoritism. Its not hey that kid can play. Its how much money does his or her family make?
that is a bunch of bull i have been living here since i have been born and there has been a police reserve like 17 years ago but some volunteer robbed them so they shut it down and clyde is a family place there is alot of fun activities you can do you can fish,bike,rollerblade,hang out with your friends, have a barbeque, ect. and all this crap about all of the pollution causing cancer the kids that got cancer had it in there family.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:24 AM

2 posts, read 11,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mox45 View Post
I agree the cancer ordeal is scary. What I find even more frightening is that Clyde McPherson Middle School just re-hired a lady (Lynne Wagner) that was reported last year to the school for showing provocative pictures and poems as well as sex surveys to her drama students on her Myspace page. The school has tried to be real quiet about it. It is unbelievable to me that they would elect to hire this woman to be director and advisor of the drama club at the school once again, but they have and she is directing another play "Seussical".
No they did not rehire anybody at all and I know this because I go to the middle school.
This school is the best school in the state because of our extra curricullum and our teachers.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:15 PM
JRE

70 posts, read 321,620 times
The 1997 Ohio EPA document, "Biological and Water Quality Study of Raccoon Creek," mentions that a closed landfill is located adjacent to the Clyde Wastewater Treatment Plant. Does anyone have information on the size of this landfill and the years it was in operation? Clyde and Green Springs cancers may have been caused by carcinogenic chemicals within the landfill.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 10,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolsusan View Post
To all of you who ar wondering about the cancer here in clyde! My little girl has cancer and the state of ohio has sent us many papers on it, Yes there is a cancer cluster but not anymore then many other places.There words not mine.I did not go to any of the meetings for the fact that I did not want my child labled as a clyde cancer kid yet some how. People still found out. They have not gave us no reason and very little help. I think what they r trying to do is let things blow over. I got many papers telling us stuff but there was never a reason why. If I could aford to move I would but I can not and my kids go to school. If we say anything to any one all it does it start problems with my children in school and outside. If any new news I will let everyone know?
i know how you feel.i have just about given up on this hole thing here myself.i wish i had an answer to everyone thats walked up to me and or called me thats asked what i test water for and then accusen me of testen water for this canser these kids have.im a water hauler,i have to test every load of water cumming out of clyde sence i haul water from clyde to gs . everytime i test that water,i thaink of these kids that have this canser and wish i had the answer for it but i dont.if i could boot that canser in the butt with my foot,i would you know but i cant bacause i dont even know where its cumming from.these past 2-3 years haulen water from out of there and putten up with all the hurassement from doing so has put me to where leaven is the best way to go,just walk out the door and dont look back.ive been worken on some things for these kids that have this canswer,im kinda stuck on it right now but , give me time.you tell your dauter to just hang in there,dont let them get you down neither,Im hopen to help out all these kids by doing my part but i might need some help getten it done so you all keep in touch with me k?its really important that you do so i cnow where to take it to .Thainks

Old 06-11-2008, 03:03 PM

2 posts, read 10,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRE View Post
The 1997 Ohio EPA document, "Biological and Water Quality Study of Raccoon Creek," mentions that a closed landfill is located adjacent to the Clyde Wastewater Treatment Plant. Does anyone have information on the size of this landfill and the years it was in operation? Clyde and Green Springs cancers may have been caused by carcinogenic chemicals within the landfill.
you know what,alot of people have asked me that to about this landfeild and the cotaments that run off of it and going into ground waters that causen this canswer thing. ive asked my dad about it and he cant remenber (hes old,but worked for csi,waste management over at the republic/tiffen landfeild for years till he retired)i would look at the old down town maps and back into the history archives maybe even check out the library or the historicial places.youll be surprised what youll find.just like me,because of that puff of polutiants cloud that was over there,all these water haulers and farmers haulen water from that water hole there.thats why i regesturedas a water hauler,and because of a letter someone wrote to sandusky co. enviromential dept. . im tellen ya,im blaimen EVERYTHING and ANYTHING over there and around there for that canser.i wish someone would check out some of the wild game thats runnen around wild over there to see if any critters have cancer and see about where it lives at ,that might help youns allso.ive seen afew coyotts/wolfs that walked right in front of the junker when i was over there getten a load of water ,i betcha ya them things have that canser and nobody looked into it ,wild animials get around over there and looken into them sorta might help boot this canser on outta here.even looken into the who/what owned that landfeild might help,youll be surprised what was burried back then at them places,a record of somesort would of been kept.try the historicial /zonen places it just be in there .Truly

Old 06-13-2008, 12:49 PM
JRE

70 posts, read 321,620 times
The more I research, the more I feel the cancers could have been caused by multiple closed dumps in Clyde, Green Springs and Fremont. Gravel and brick pits were often used as dumps after companies mined the earth. Does anyone know the locations of other closed dumps or mining areas?

Old 06-29-2008, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 5,377 times
Quote:

Just wanted to reply to this idiotic message you have written, first of all if your kid or any kid was good enough at whatever sport it was they were trying out for they would have made the team. ABout your comment on the city police officers it is not any of your business what they do in their free time. If you feel Clyde is such a horrible place why do you live there! Why don't you move to Ghetto Fremont. Quit complaining about your life and do something about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio