Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 04:35 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedOnSamhain View Post
Just some few added additions to all of you that have replied to the post. I am WedOnSamhain's wife. I was born and raised in this town. He moved up here from Virginia to be with me and for us to get married and raise our children together. If anyone is jaded about Clyde, Ohio it would be me. I will stay here to allow our four teenagers to finish their high school education with friends that they have had from kindergarten. I also have a sister and mother that live near and since losing my dad less than two years ago, I feel I need to be with my mom as much as I can. After that, then we will move. And yes, Desdemona123, he moved up here with the complete knowledge that Clyde was not going to be a hotbed of activity. I should know, I have been here for over thirty years. Also, I don't believe Desdemona123 is actually thinking of the correct town if she thinks that there was a reserve police department here. Hate to break the news to ya, never has been one and probably never will be. They do offer a resever fire department if you want to participate in that. Clyde is like so many little clicky towns. It will always be who you know to get anywhere or anything. I refuse to rock the boat at this time in my children's lives for fear of them becoming a "marked" kid. That is what will happen. If the parent stirs up trouble or continually goes against the grain or the accepted, then your children pay. I just want my children to finish high school and then my jaded husband and myself will gladly move. The reason we wanted to post on this site was for others to be aware of the scary cancer cluster that our town is under and what this town is ( in one person's opinion ) really like.
I can truly understand where you're coming from and what you're saying because I have a similiar story living in a one-horse town (not Clyde, but similiar). The "cliquey" thing is REAL. I've been in Ohio most of my life (starting from age 6 - now I'm 44). We grew up about 5 to 10 minutes from where we're currently living, so it's not like we moved from out of state or something, but living here would make you feel like you did! I had typed more, could go on for a long time; but I'll stop here. Wishing you and your family the very best in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 08:35 AM

93 posts, read 644,297 times
Is it just your mom that is there? If the area has something that is causing cancer in people arent you scared for your family's lives? Pack up your mother and get out of there! I would move for health reasons if I were you. As far as your kids and their friends, they are kids, they can make friends anywhere! Let them call eachother or write if you move far. If you move and let their old friends come over, you could be helping out another childs health by getting them out of the area for a while.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:06 PM

1 posts, read 7,149 times
As someone who has also been born and raised in Clyde, I need to reiterate the concerns already expressed. It is not only the child cancer that is so scary, it is the growing rate of young women who have been having miscarraiges and ovarian tumors in the last few years. As a recent CHS graduate who is also dealing with this and who has many friends going through the same thing, it is important that people know what is going on! I cannot express how many people I know and love are suffering or have already died from this!!! And we are such a small town!

Old 04-17-2007, 08:20 AM

93 posts, read 644,297 times
Have you seen Erin Brocavich or however you spell it? Talk to your governor or send a letter to the state. Are you guys doing anything to try to stop this from happening? Do you know what is causing it?

Old 07-23-2007, 07:42 PM

54 posts, read 212,094 times
No one is saying anything or would if they knew.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:55 PM

66 posts, read 339,996 times
Wasn't Clyde the subject of the book, "Winesburg, Ohio"? It sounds as if nothing much has changed ...

Old 09-06-2007, 04:18 PM

Never read that book but I wish I had. Just counting the days to get my family out of here.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 6,992 times
Default Joke???

I left Clyde nearly 30 years ago and moved to another small town in CA. But not because it was a joke. Welcome to small town living. If you haven't figured it out yet. Living in a small town takes a special type of person. Don't burn your bridges because there is no other side of town.

I have to agree with the others. If you don't like it LEAVE. But I think I should try the city. Seems to be more your style.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:44 PM

Well believe me I know small town living I am originally from Iowa and it was a pretty decent small town, this is not. If you did not read the first page of this post you missed alot. There are many reasons why we want out and none of it has to do with small town living.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:55 PM

7 posts, read 40,967 times
I too live in Clyde, and cant wait to leave the whole area actually. The cancer rate is astounding and something must be going on. There are alot of rude people in Clyde and the surrounding area, not a whole lot of small town charm as there are a lot of jerks in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio