Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2009, 07:57 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,932,173 times

Advertisements

Pat, where did you end up moving to? did i miss this??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 08:26 AM

2,107 posts, read 5,082,382 times
Has anyone been to the Gallery Hop in Short North. I was thinking about going this coming weekend cause it's my birthday and my parents would be in town. But my father isn't really into art that much, so my question is, are there other things besides art and shopping to do/see in the Short North on the weekends, especially the gallery hop ones?

Old 02-02-2009, 12:42 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,431,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
Pat, where did you end up moving to? did i miss this??
Hi, we are outside of the Dover area. I had noted the off-topic chat was not going anywhere so didn't do an update. It was nice to be able to spend Christmas with my family. We spent a couple months in N.Y. to take care of some things before coming to Ohio. Was nice to get to see NY City and lots of their beaches in the Long Island area; but sure don't want to live there.

I've noted that most of the gainful employment is in Columbus, Dayton, or Cinn. Right now things are a bit up in the air until we get issues regarding husband's mom health settled.

BTW we took a ride through Cortland last summer and it was really a neat place; I liked it.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:54 PM

Cool. I'm not sure i've ever been to Dover, but i do remember being in New Philly a while back. How do you like the area? Are you guys only staying there temporarily?

I'm glad you liked Cortland. Just a small little town on a lake.........

Old 02-02-2009, 04:37 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,431,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
Cool. I'm not sure i've ever been to Dover, but i do remember being in New Philly a while back. How do you like the area? Are you guys only staying there temporarily?

I'm glad you liked Cortland. Just a small little town on a lake.........
Dover's about 7 miles away from New Philly. We're in a rural area. I like it, although it's bit of a ride to the grocery store, Walmart, etc. We're considering it temporary I would say until we get a few things taken care of. My sister is about 2 minutes up the road and my son is about 1.5 hours away. In the meantime, a Calico cat has adopted me. She was sitting in the middle of the road last week and would not move as we were driving lol. I got out of the truck, she came to me (poor thing is skin & bones), brought her home, fed her, made her a nice bed and she is staying. She will have a trip to the Vet next week to have her spayed and vaccinated.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:44 PM

I'm glad you are able to be close to family, it sure is nice have them that close.

Poor kitty, sounds like you're a sucker just like me.......

Old 04-03-2009, 04:38 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,628,630 times
Hello everyone! Ready for spring?

Old 04-03-2009, 04:49 PM

So ready! Yesterday was warm and beautiful, grass is turning green and plants are starting to grow. Unfortunately, today has been very gray, rainy and windy. This is my least favorite weather, worse than winter for me. I don't mind rain here and there, but cold, bone-chilling rainy days are not for me. I also can't stand the fluctuation in temperature.........it causes me to have sinus headaches. Other than that, bring on spring!

Old 04-03-2009, 04:54 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,628,630 times
I have the same problem i.e sinus headaches from the changing weather. I was just getting the area around my deck ready for some landscaping come may. I am not sure what I want to put around the deck, but I am thinking a a weeping cherry tree on the one side.

Is everything starting to bloom in Warren yet? Here in Dayton we are starting to see green on the trees.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:17 PM

Not green on the trees yet, but plants are growing and so is the grass.........buds on the tree are coming soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio