Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2008, 12:14 PM

3 posts, read 53,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack womack View Post
Don't waste your time.. Stay where you are; nothing here.
Why then you are there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 01:52 PM

113 posts, read 424,903 times
This is way off topic on the off topic board (So I guess it's fitting) But I miss Ohio terribly! I moved to SC in August & we're going home for Thanksgiving & I can't wait! I do like it here, but it's not nearly as good as home. My boyfriend is in Ohio for the week & sent me a picture of snow on the ground & all the leaves off the trees. Down here, we just had our peak of the leaves last week & only some have fallen off, but not many. It's 56 today & very sunny. I sure hope to see some snow when I go home for Thanksgiving & Christmas!!

Old 11-17-2008, 08:41 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,529,513 times
Livebyoptimism, I live in SW ohio and lOVE it here. Have lived all over the world and we finally landed here. Can't imagine leaving here! HOWEVER, as I made my way across U.S. 30 last night as a light snow fell. With every bridge I crossed, I wished I lived near my sister & brother-in-law in Columbia, SC...

Old 11-17-2008, 08:50 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,082,382 times
I heard Beavercreek was given a lovely front page spread on the Dayton Daily News today. As much as I am a fan of Beavercreek, doesn't the DDN have better things to report on in the Dayton region other than a suburb? I read the on-line piece and it seemed a little fluffy with bits of shavings from the local Chamber of Commerce sprinkled onto the page. Now, I'm not against positive news, but there must be something that isn't just striking up the band to make a few developers and some suburbanites proud of themselves (as much as I am proud of my hometown).

Old 11-19-2008, 11:22 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,529,513 times
I thought it was a nice change from the stupid people in Dayton getting all the press when they do stupd things... (I know there are lots of really great Daytonians and I'd kinda like to read more about THEM!)

Old 11-19-2008, 12:30 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,082,382 times
True. I guess it beats reading about the crime in Dayton. Still, wouldn't it be nice to have the same positive article on downtown or the Oregon District?

Old 11-30-2008, 07:44 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,138,639 times
Talking Bumbling Browns lost again

Yah! The bumbling Browns lost again. I love to see all of the Cleveland teams lose, it makes me feel good. Especially when they can boost taxes to build stadiums and the schools are let to rot and close. They all need to lose ball games all the time.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:42 PM

113 posts, read 424,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Livebyoptimism, I live in SW ohio and lOVE it here. Have lived all over the world and we finally landed here. Can't imagine leaving here! HOWEVER, as I made my way across U.S. 30 last night as a light snow fell. With every bridge I crossed, I wished I lived near my sister & brother-in-law in Columbia, SC...
Yeah, It's nice down here... I guess. We saw very little snow on our drive home for Thanksgiving. I was bummed! My mom said it snowed a lot the week before, but by the time we got there, most of it had melted. I forgot just how cold it gets there though! It was only in the 20's... and whew! That was cold!

Old 12-02-2008, 06:02 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,899,015 times
Hey anyone go to the Christmas fesitvals in Cincy or Cleveland?

I can speak for Cleveland, it was awesome, and afterwards Warehouse District was hopping.

Some Cincy Pics:

Cincinnati: Light up the Square!

Old 02-01-2009, 05:23 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,431,055 times
Default Let's Get It Going....

Come on fellow Ohioans...let's get this thing up and running. The other States have the off-topic chats going and they have hundreds of pages, some of them. After all, we don't want to let them outdo us now do we?

Don't let my name fool you, born/bred in Ohio. Husband, myself and our dogs relocated down to Ohio last year. It was an adjustment because I'd been in Alaska for 8 years or so and it is somewhat different there. I've been accused of bringing the Alaska weather with me with so much snow and really cold temperatures lately. .

So what do all of you think about getting this up and going? Come on, Crew Chief, I know you're out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio