Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 02:17 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,899,015 times

Advertisements

Millcreek park truly is underrated. It is one of the largest urban parks in the nation, and it doesn't get that attention.

Great shots CortlandGirl. Thanks for contributing to the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 12:06 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,276 times
Here are a whole collection of great aerial shots of Cleveland, some of downtown but most from neighborhoods around Cleveland which I was looking for before:

Cleveland aerials - SkyscraperCity

Old 09-21-2008, 09:18 AM

7,074 posts, read 8,936,385 times
Default Lebanon Ohio

The old sheriff's office.

Car show during blues fest & Golden Lamb.

In front of the Village Ice Cream Parlor.

Old gas stations.

Old train station.

Making prepearations for a visit by John McCain and Sarah Palin - Sept. 2008.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:29 AM

7,074 posts, read 8,936,385 times
Default Hocking Hills Pics

Pics taken May 2008 in Hocking Hills

woxyroxme/Hocking Hills - Page 1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Videos of the falls I took after a rain storm, the falls will most likely be dry July-Sept.

Cedar Falls

Upper Falls

Lower Falls

Old 09-26-2008, 03:43 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,899,015 times
Lebanon is great! Thanks.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:07 PM

5 posts, read 64,039 times
Lebanon? Nothing but a bunch of dumb azz yankees.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:15 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,082,382 times
Lebanon's downtown always reminded me of something you would find closer to the east coast/mid-atlantic but on a smaller scale.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:06 PM

5,509 posts, read 9,486,726 times
It's been awhile since we had any new pics.

This is downtown Youngstown on the last warm day in November this year. It's hard to believe that we had temps in the low 70's just a couple weeks ago.

I know it might seem redundant to post pics of the same buildings over and over, but these were taken in the morning and evening, on my way to and from work. So the atmosphere is different at least.

These were also taken with my new camera.

On the way to work...

The Home Savings and Loan building, and the Semple building to the left. The Semple building is currently being renovated by the Youngstown Business Incubator.

The Wells Building. In a couple years, the Youngstown Business Incubator also hopes to restore this building for their use.

The Kress Building. Unfortunately, there are currently no plans for this building. But, I don't think anyone is pressing for its demolition, either.

Work on the Realty building continues. Last I heard, they expect the first units to be available early next year.

The Metropolitan Tower.

On the way home...

City Center One.

The Stambaugh Building. This is one of many buildings downtown that is owned by Lou Frangos. In the past, he has said he would like to turn the upper floors of this building into a hotel. But, also says that it's not economically feasible now.

The Paramount Theatre. There are no plans for this building, also. But, unlike the Kress Building, there is more pressure for its demolition.

Take note of the new gap next to the Wells building. That building has been demolished, and the greater portion of the State Theatre building will be demolished. This is to make room for a parking lot. But, don't worry, the YBI hopes to someday build something new there. And, the facade of the State Theatre will be saved. Also, the John R. Davis building, to the right of the State Theatre, is now in use, and downtown has at least one more resident.

Here's a closeup of the demolition.

Even closer... (I love my new zoom capabilities. ) The demolition stopped just in front of the curved stairs that flanked an oval-shaped 2-story space.

Here's a bonus pic that I took earlier last fall from a window in our conference room.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:14 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,932,173 times
Thanks JR, very nice pics. I was just downtown last weekend at Imbibe. This was at 10pm or so at night. Everything was very well lit and even though it was a pretty cold night there seemed to be a good number of people out. All the angled parking spaces were taken up and we ended up parking probably two blocks away. I felt very safe and like i said, everything was well lit and i did see a police car sitting a block away. I ended up leaving around midnight, but my g/f's wound up going to The Rosetta Stone to grab a bite to eat. I still need to try that place out. One of my former Delphi co-workers is actually part owner there, so it would be nice to support him.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:37 PM

5,509 posts, read 9,486,726 times
Yeah, you've got to try Rosetta Stone. I've only been there a few times myself, (and always at off times) but the decor is nice, and the food has always been good. Though, I'm more of a meat and potatoes kind of guy.

I don't know if this is still true, but I've read that downtown Youngstown is, statistically, the safest place in Mahoning county. It's dark when I walk to the bus station, now. But I never feel unsafe downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio