Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 01:47 PM

42 posts, read 86,572 times

Advertisements

Cincinnati weather is nothing like you guys have described it. To me, this is the weather (I've lived here for five years):

Winter: Cold, but not excessive cold; in the 2011 season, barely any snow - nothing over 2 inches. Cloudy, but hey, that's winter.

Spring: Sunny most days of the season, and SOME rainy days; more sunny than rainy. 50-70 degree highs on normal days but this spring was a little hotter...

Summer: Humid, hot, and sunny. It's gotten to 105 this year with a heat index of 110. We've had barely any rain. Mostly sunny since June.

Fall: PERFECT weather. Sunny, mild temps (60-70) until November when it gets down to 40-50. Perfect football weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 01:55 PM

4,497 posts, read 6,258,228 times
I said Ohio weather, not Cincinnati weather. I lived in north west Ohio for 8 years. We are talking about Ohio...right?

Old 09-10-2012, 02:04 PM

249 posts, read 610,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
I said Ohio weather, not Cincinnati weather. I lived in north west Ohio for 8 years. We are talking about Ohio...right?
Cincinnati is in Ohio right?!?! And the weather throughout the state varies. NEO weather is different from southern and central Ohio

Old 09-10-2012, 02:05 PM

42,000 posts, read 75,342,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooks50 View Post
Cincinnati is in Ohio right?!?!
That depends on who you ask.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:31 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,460,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Still disagree with you. I grew up in NW Ohio. Winters there are nothing compared to a winter in Wisconsin or Minnesota.

The only area in Ohio with bad winters is in the northeastern part. And even then it's not as bitterly cold as Wisconsin winters.

I still think Ohio has relatively mild weather for the Midwest, and I'll go as far to say for most of the country. We don't get nearly as many deadly tornadoes as Oklahoma or Missouri. Only one part of the state gets excessive amount of snow, which when compared to Buffalo doesn't seem that excessive after all. Not to mention that we don't get hurricanes, wildfires, or years of extreme droughts.

I think Ohio is in pretty sweet spot weather wise.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:58 PM

I think northwest Ohio is mild compared to other places too. I lived in Gunnison Colorado for two years. But overall the winters are gray, windy, with precipitation. And that starts late fall and goes to early spring. Lot's of gloomy days. That's my take on living in the state of Ohio and it's weather. Maybe Timbucktoo has worse, better, wetter, more extreme....whatever.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:58 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,259,603 times
Weather is bad in the state during winter, especially in NE Ohio where you get very little sunshine...so that does get very depressing after a while...I think the thing I loved the best when I lived in the Charlotte area was even though it did get cold in winter, A) it wasn't as cold as up here, and B) the Sun still shined more then half the time....believe me, I could handle cold weather if the wind was calm and the sun was out...I hate cold gray skies, and cold winds...Snow doesn't bother me on some occasions, but once we get into March, that's when it should be warm again, and sometimes it seems our biggest snows are in March, which does suck.

As for things to do, I do think we lack in some areas (no beaches for one, and I don't count Lake Erie Beaches because you can not swim in Lake Erie except for 2 months out of the year and then not on days after heavy rains), but we do have great amusement parks, and zoos, and great natural areas to go hiking and camping in.

3 good big cities that always have things going on as well.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooks50 View Post
Cincinnati is in Ohio right?!?! And the weather throughout the state varies. NEO weather is different from southern and central Ohio
Tell me you have a point, are you just showing off your abilities to state the blatantly obvious. Cincinnati is in Ohio but belongs to a climatic transition zone. Weather can be way different here from three hours north.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Weather is bad in the state during winter, especially in NE Ohio where you get very little sunshine...so that does get very depressing after a while...
Thank you. This was all I was ever trying to say but was rebutted like I live in another Ohio, located in South America.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:16 PM

42 posts, read 86,572 times
Sorry, I thought you were talking about Cincinnati - I know it's about Ohio - but I thought we shifted to Cinci.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio